Habits!!

Bullitt

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 ford super duty f350 lariat tremor/ sport
For all the guys coming from a diesel to gas, do you find yourself turning the key to the on position and waiting? I’ve had an 11 and 15 diesel and now I find it to be a habit to wait every time I start the truck!

Anyone else?

I'm sure i'll be guilty of it for a while. I've caught myself trying to stomp the clutch down after I bought the 6.7 a few years ago. It took a few months to completely break the habit.

A little off topic but how do you find going from the diesel to the gas?

We bought a fifth wheel but soon found it was not for us! So we ended up selling it. Other than that, I don’t miss it one bit. I got about 700 miles on it and love it. It won’t get diesel mileage but then again, 4:30 rear compared to 3:55 is a big difference.

I think it has plenty of power and absolutely have no regret going gas. To much BS with the diesel! Just my opinion.

Traded in a 16 6.7 on this 20 7.3, but have other gas vehicles. Mostly never needed to wait for the glow plugs unless well below freezing, so has not been an issue for me.

I have gone back and forth having a 2001 7.3 diesel, 2005 6.0 diesel, then a 2012 Raptor, 2016 6.7 diesel and now the 2020 7.3 gas. There were things I liked about all of them, but for the last so far getting about 2 mpg less with the gas, but gas is much less expensive than diesel, and maintenance will be much less, so should be further ahead. I have not hooked a heavy trailer on it yet, so may be slight difference, but with 4.30 gears should offset.

Latest Discussions

Back