Habits!!

Bullitt

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 ford super duty f350 lariat tremor/ sport
For all the guys coming from a diesel to gas, do you find yourself turning the key to the on position and waiting? I’ve had an 11 and 15 diesel and now I find it to be a habit to wait every time I start the truck!

Anyone else?

usafrcm90

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
7.3 Tremor
Current Ride #2
coyote swapped 95' mustang
I'm sure i'll be guilty of it for a while. I've caught myself trying to stomp the clutch down after I bought the 6.7 a few years ago. It took a few months to completely break the habit.

chubby

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Tremor
A little off topic but how do you find going from the diesel to the gas?

OP
B

Bullitt

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 ford super duty f350 lariat tremor/ sport
We bought a fifth wheel but soon found it was not for us! So we ended up selling it. Other than that, I don’t miss it one bit. I got about 700 miles on it and love it. It won’t get diesel mileage but then again, 4:30 rear compared to 3:55 is a big difference.

I think it has plenty of power and absolutely have no regret going gas. To much BS with the diesel! Just my opinion.

SVT4X4

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Traded in a 16 6.7 on this 20 7.3, but have other gas vehicles. Mostly never needed to wait for the glow plugs unless well below freezing, so has not been an issue for me.

I have gone back and forth having a 2001 7.3 diesel, 2005 6.0 diesel, then a 2012 Raptor, 2016 6.7 diesel and now the 2020 7.3 gas. There were things I liked about all of them, but for the last so far getting about 2 mpg less with the gas, but gas is much less expensive than diesel, and maintenance will be much less, so should be further ahead. I have not hooked a heavy trailer on it yet, so may be slight difference, but with 4.30 gears should offset.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge