Ground Clearance with Carli System

penn-stomper

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Gladiator Sport
Current Ride #2
2018 Durango GT
If you get the 2.5"/3.5" back country system from Carli what's the new ground clearance on the truck? Tremor's start with 10.8" - it's not actually adding 2.5" to that right?

If you get the 2.5"/3.5" back country system from Carli what's the new ground clearance on the truck? Tremor's start with 10.8" - it's not actually adding 2.5" to that right?
I believe that clearance is under the differential. If so, then the carli lift will not increase that number at all. Only larger tires will. Most people go to a 37" tire with a Carli system, which would net you approximately 1" extra under the rear diff.

The Carli lift will gain you about 2.5" of additional frame clearance, according to CJC:

So I reached out to the folks at CJC as they really know their stuff on this and I wanted to confirm.

For the basic leveling kit on 17+ trucks, here are the heights for the various model years/trims:

17-19 trucks - 2.5" height increase
2020+ trucks - 3.5" height increase
2020+ Tremor = 2.5" height increase

The end hood height of all three trucks will be identical after the Carli coils are installed.

Most of your ground clearance will come from your wheel/tire combo. Sure the lift will raise the body some which helps get your bigger wheels and tires in. The bigger tires will actually increase the ground clearance on the diff

Thanks guys. If I'm understanding this correctly, then the Carli system is basically replacing the factory lift you get with the tremor so you're not getting a full 2.5" of additional clearance to the axles. If you do the whole system plus the sway bar replacement (in CJC Offroad videos they talk about stock sway bar rubbing with 37's) you can fit 37's and hence get one more inch over tremor stock clearance. What is the height of the truck with Carli 2.5" system and 37's? How much garage does one really need for this beast?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. If I'm understanding this correctly, then the Carli system is basically replacing the factory lift you get with the tremor so you're not getting a full 2.5" of additional clearance to the axles. If you do the whole system plus the sway bar replacement (in CJC Offroad videos they talk about stock sway bar rubbing with 37's) you can fit 37's and hence get one more inch over tremor stock clearance. What is the height of the truck with Carli 2.5" system and 37's? How much garage does one really need for this beast?

With the 3.5" kit (which nets 2.5" of lift/level on the Tremor) and 37s, you'll need 7'4" minimum. I used to park my truck in a 7'6" garage with a couple inches to spare. 2019 F-250 w/ Icon Stage 5 2.5" kit and 37" BFG KM3s.

Carli 2.5"/3.5" is 1.5" on the Tremor

Nice, thanks man.

So with the 4.5/5.5 lift is it safe to assume 3.5” total on the Tremor?

I believe that clearance is under the differential. If so, then the carli lift will not increase that number at all. Only larger tires will. Most people go to a 37" tire with a Carli system, which would net you approximately 1" extra under the rear diff.
Hey -- If we are talking about the F150 Tremor, I believe adding 37" tires (if you can make them fit) is 4" more than the factory 33" tires, so that would net a 2" increase on the factory ground clearance at the differential.

Hey -- If we are talking about the F150 Tremor, I believe adding 37" tires (if you can make them fit) is 4" more than the factory 33" tires, so that would net a 2" increase on the factory ground clearance at the differential.

Sorry, we were talking about Super Duty F250/F350 Tremors that come standard with 35" tires. I believe F150 stuff is over here:

Almost all threads on the forum are about the Super Duty unless called out otherwise. :) This forum was created before the other Tremor packages existed, hence the lack of Super Duty in the URL and such, but is technically for the Super Duty Tremor (the site logo does have “Super Duty Owner’s Group” in it, though quite small).

@erikswedberg has the link to the F150 equivalent forum.

Your numbers and math are correct, though, for the F-150 Tremor. :D

37" tires give you an inch under the diff. The Carli Diff cover takes that inch back.
This.

I just measured today and you’re right, it takes an inch plus of clearance away. Not a fan of the cover design. And the fact that installing it actually breaks the diff. seal, in my case it started leaking and had to be re-sealed.

This.

I just measured today and you’re right, it takes an inch plus of clearance away. Not a fan of the cover design. And the fact that installing it actually breaks the diff. seal, in my case it started leaking and had to be re-sealed.

Did not realize that it took a inch n some away from ground clearance nothing in the literature states that and I’m planning on staying with 35” tires ugh

Latest Discussions

Back