Grease Fittings?

RafterP

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Tremor
Anybody greased their truck yet or know how many fittings there are? Didn’t see anything in the manual. Is it just the front axle U-joints?

IceSoldier88

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
Is this a normal thing for all trucks, or just super duties?

OP
RafterP

RafterP

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Tremor
Is this a normal thing for all trucks, or just super duties?
Every truck I’ve ever owned had grease fittings on the front suspension components (tie rods/ ball joints/ etc) -my previous Chevy 3/4 ton had 3 each side up front. It does say in the manual to “grease any grease fittings” or something to that effect but doesn’t mention where they are or how many

OP
RafterP

RafterP

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Tremor
Seems I remember a YouTube vid of a ‘19 Super Duty where the guy said there was only 1 each side on the U joints - guess I need to quit being lazy and crawl my fat ass up under there to look

IceSoldier88

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
hmm ok. Iv had 2 rams and an F150 never greased anything. Do the dealers do that when you bring in for routine maintenance? Now i know for when ever my SD arrives. How often do you do it?

Treefiddy

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 Tremor
Most new vehicles do not have grease fittings but if they do normally get greased every oil change. I know my 2020 has fittings on the front axle shaft u-joints. Not sure if anyway else.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 "Godzilla" F350 Dually "Iconic silver" XL
I will refrain from the jokes about the lube job.

If i have any u joints that don't have fittings, I will replace them ( when needed) with grease-able ones. But since not snowplowing with this truck probably won't be for a while.
I plan to take the truck into my alignment guy annually so I will have him lube it up for me.

OP
RafterP

RafterP

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Tremor
hmm ok. Iv had 2 rams and an F150 never greased anything. Do the dealers do that when you bring in for routine maintenance? Now i know for when ever my SD arrives. How often do you do it?
Dealers are supposed to do it every time they change the oil but in my experience they never do that or anything else they say they do besides change your oil (hopefully they do do that at least). I don’t take mine to the dealers anymore after multiple absolute shit experiences. I know they say they offer the ‘best service for your vehicle’ but they’re only as good as their worst service guy and he’s usually a fukn moron in my experience.

Hank.

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 7.3 Tremor
Changed my oil for the second time today since I’ve had the truck (6800 miles on the clock). I do it myself, even though its free at the dealer, makes me feel good. Only grease fittings I could find are on the u-joints on the front axles. Gave them a couple squirts. Good to go right? Any hidden fittings I am missing?

Loshad

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Navy
Current Ride
2016 F150 Lariat FX4
So, Hank, if you've done the first two oil changes how would that transpire if there was an engine warranty issue?
(Asking for a friend)

texmudder

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor 6.7L
Both front u-joints have one. Much easier to see if you turn the wheel all the way and view it from the back side. I usually have my son turn hard left or right and have him roll forwards until it comes into plain sight. Yes I am quite sure there is an easier way but it has worked for me on all my Super Duties over the years. If memory serves there is one more on the pitman arm, but I could just be getting old and remembering an old truck.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 "Godzilla" F350 Dually "Iconic silver" XL
If you run big tires and lift kit, there are several companies that make tie rods and drag links with grease fittings. They are much more HD and will last longer. If you don't run larger tires not a big deal.

Ustank2

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7 Platinum Tremor
Current Ride #2
1983 Trans Am
"Only grease fittings I could find are on the u-joints on the front axles." ..... That's all I saw

Marley

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Veteran
There are no other grease fittings, I've looked.
My 05 Rubicon has 14 grease fittings 😳

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge