Got smoked

Having had both the 2.7 and 3.5 Ecoboost engines in F150 CC aluminum bodied trucks over the past 6 years I can attest that they both totally rip for a full size truck. In four high they will surprise many other vehicles due to the combined traction off the line, near instant torque curve, and high power. A superduty is a different animal. The torque of the engine is apparent and moves the vehicle effortlessly under normal acceleration but the lower power to weight is no match for an F150.

A modern bare bones 250 hp sedan would smoke any of these trucks in a stoplight (0-60 mph) race
I'm not a stoplight to stoplight racer guy and have kept my "racing" to either test and tune at the dragstrip or HPDE type events on road courses. A 3500lb, 250Hp sedan will not smoke a 5000lb, 400Hp F150. Even a 6.7 SD won't win this race... Not enough power or too much weight, however you want to cut it.

"A 3500lb, 250Hp sedan will not smoke a 5000lb, 400Hp F150."
I'd bet good money my Volvo XC60 would. 4K @ 320HP with
a supercharger AND a turbocharger.

I'll challenge any F150 to a tow-off up Monarch Pass (10,000')
in CO pulling 10,000 pounds on a summer day. I suppose the
Shelby or Hennessey might hold their own but no stock one would.

I'll challenge any F150 to a tow-off up Monarch Pass (10,000')
in CO pulling 10,000 pounds on a summer day. I suppose the
Shelby or Hennessey might hold their own but no stock one would.
Suckers bet right there!!

I'm not a stoplight to stoplight racer guy and have kept my "racing" to either test and tune at the dragstrip or HPDE type events on road courses. A 3500lb, 250Hp sedan will not smoke a 5000lb, 400Hp F150. Even a 6.7 SD won't win this race... Not enough power or too much weight, however you want to cut it.
I was talking about racing a super duty... not against an F150. I agree it will be close enough with an 3.5 EB to be dependent more on driver/tires than vehicle at that point.

Just pulled numbers from here: https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2021-honda-accord-sport-20t-first-test-review/

2021 Honda Accord Sport: 252 hp, 5.5 seconds 0-60, 3360 lbs

I was talking about racing a super duty... not against an F150. I agree it will be close enough with an 3.5 EB to be dependent more on driver/tires than vehicle at that point.

Just pulled numbers from here: https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2021-honda-accord-sport-20t-first-test-review/

2021 Honda Accord Sport: 252 hp, 5.5 seconds 0-60, 3360 lbs
  • A 2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty sped to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds, making it the quickest diesel pickup we've ever tested.

SuperDuty =/= Muscle car. I'd buy a something built for racing (GT 500, Viper) before trying to make my Tremor into something it was never meant to be.

I'd bet good money my Volvo XC60 would. 4K @ 320HP
I realize there is more to it than this but let's just use power to weight for simplicity. Your Volvo has 12.5 lbs per hp, same as my example F150. I am aligned with @MoKan that at this point it would come down to some other factor - driver reaction time, etc. Against the diesel it would be easier. Of course this fictitious race would tip more towards to Volvo as length increases and aero becomes more of a dominant factor...

I like your idea of a loaded race up a grade - that at least has some practical application!

My 2018 FX4 F150 CC 5.0 weighed 5,100 lbs with 1/4 tank of gas. My '22 F250 CC FX4 7.3 weighs just over 7,000 lbs with 1/4 tank of gas. So, closer to 2,000 lb difference.
LOL just proved my point. my 2020 Tremor 7.3 is 7220 lbs with 3/4 of a tank

Don’t let him smoke you get the 6.7
That won’t cut it on the ecobost F150s, like it or not they are quite a bit quicker than a Superduty. Stock to stock unloaded the 6.7 is barely faster than it’s 7.3L siblings. According to many tests only about .1 seconds in the 1/4, Tremor to Tremor. The non Tremors are throwing down slightly better track numbers but not on par with the smaller F150 times. Add some weight a the 6.7L will really start to shine. Yes the Superduties are not ment for racing but you can still have fun racing anything. If you choose to, tow haul or sport mode seems to help, on a closed course of course ;).

It’s about the gearing, our Super Duty’s weight and its intended purpose. 😉

Challenge him and his 150 off road and then he’ll be wiping the mud and his smile off his face.

Your mud!! 👍🤣

My 2021 3.5 eb f150 crew 4x4 smokes my 2021 wrx 6speed manual....in a straight line.... bring the corners into play and it's a different game lol. I know my 7.3 tremor that still waiting on would be no match for my f150....might be close to the wrx????

My 2021 3.5 eb f150 crew 4x4 smokes my 2021 wrx 6speed manual....in a straight line.... bring the corners into play and it's a different game lol. I know my 7.3 tremor that still waiting on would be no match for my f150....might be close to the wrx????
That’s probably because the later WRXs are so heavy. I’ve stuck with my 99 WRX because it’s 450kgs lighter than a 21. How hard do you launch the WRX?

Latest Discussions

Back