Got my Ultra Bright Lights Z-Flash Today!

They are tight. I just used a combination of wiggling and pushing while flipping the lever simultaneously.

They are tight. I just used a combination of wiggling and pushing while flipping the lever simultaneously.
I've yet to install mine, had them a year, noticed they're really tight so figured I'd ask first. I'd hate for them to get stuck.

Debating passthrough for upfitters or just using the supplied button and putting them both in the upper glove box

I've yet to install mine, had them a year, noticed they're really tight so figured I'd ask first. I'd hate for them to get stuck.

Debating passthrough for upfitters or just using the supplied button and putting them both in the upper glove box
I used a pass through wire to the 6th upfitter for the red power wire. For the pattern switcher, I just used the supplied button and tossed it into the glove box.

I used a pass through wire to the 6th upfitter for the red power wire. For the pattern switcher, I just used the supplied button and tossed it into the glove box.
I don't remember, are the passthrough wires hot or are they dead on both ends, you just connect to them under the hood with the existing harness at the upfitter block?

I don't remember, are the passthrough wires hot or are they dead on both ends, you just connect to them under the hood with the existing harness at the upfitter block?
The pass through are not connected to many thing. They just pass through the firewall from the engine bay to the passenger footwell.

If you look at this post you’ll see the plugs I prefer to use for these connections. It’s the black plug in the yellow wire photo.

PTT Arod on a livestream a couple weeks ago (with Limitless on the stream) mentioned that BCM based flashers aren't recommended. Not sure if it's a profit based reason or a technical one. @Modman Any ideas?

I had issues with my ZFlash And my BCM. 2022 platinum tremor . Twice then I pulled the Zash unit out. One of my turn signals wouldn’t work after using the ZFlash a few times. The Dealer replaced the entire head light assemble unit then it happened again , and I yanked that Zflash unit out, took the truck back to the dealership and they replaced the headlamp assembly and the bcm unit under warranty as they said there was an issue with it. I wasn’t going to take another chance with that plug and play zflash again.

I had issues with my ZFlash And my BCM. 2022 platinum tremor . Twice then I pulled the Zash unit out. One of my turn signals wouldn’t work after using the ZFlash a few times. The Dealer replaced the entire head light assemble unit then it happened again , and I yanked that Zflash unit out, took the truck back to the dealership and they replaced the headlamp assembly and the bcm unit under warranty as they said there was an issue with it. I wasn’t going to take another chance with that plug and play zflash again.
This is kind of concerning. I haven't previously heard anything like this aside from your quoted link as well. I've been waiting some time to pick up a ZFlash and just haven't bit the bullet. This makes me a bit more apprehensive, especially since I'm already a few thousand miles out of warranty.

During my research to add strobes to my current ride - this device was a big no-no.

This unit sends signals to the BCM to strobes these lights and from what I understood - it is not meant to do this.

For this reason alone, I decided to go with Limitless Auto Strobe kit(s) and even though it super costly -- using it day and day out, I have had zero problems.

If you research Limitless Auto, his strobes are a seperate harness with a flasher for each which create the strobe effect. It can add up depending on how many you want as he has one for each ligh assembly but it definitely is the safest.

I wish I knew how to add a video of mine in action for you all to see.

Back