Goodyear Debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
I don't want this to be a political thread, so please don't, in saying this I completely disagree with their stance. Now I am not buying their tires per say but having them on the Tremor is sort of like an endorsement. With the limited tire selection at 35/11 Im now thinking of new wheels and tires.

Dont want to spend the extra money, just starting a new business, but may jump into new wheels and tires 20-30k miles sooner than I thought. Comments or thoughts. If I could get $1500 on the oem wheels and tires that would help with the decision. haha
Im not sure what I will do but it makes me think.

Last edited:
I don't want this to be a political thread, so please don't, in saying this I completely disagree with their stance. Now I am not buying there tires per say but having them on the Tremor is sort of like an endorsement. With the limited tire selection at 35/11 Im now thinking of new wheels and tires.

Dont want to spend the extra money, just starting a new business, but may jump into new wheels and tires 20-30k miles sooner than I thought. Comments or thoughts. If I could get $1500 on the oem wheels and tires that would help with the decision. haha
It sure seems political because I have no idea what you're referring to when you said their "stance." Guess I'll have to research...

It sure seems political because I have no idea what you're referring to when you said their "stance." Guess I'll have to research...
Their stance is political. I just did not want this thread to turn into a shouting match. haha

Goodyear stated no supporting first responders but you can do anything you want with the other stuff.

Their stance is political. I just did not want this thread to turn into a shouting match. haha

Goodyear stated no supporting first responders but you can do anything you want with the other stuff.
I get the gist now...you know I don't know what to think. Is it real? Did someone fake it to start some BS? There's lots of that going on and it seems easier than ever to do it. I'm inclined to believe it is real, but don't have enough to go on beyond the shadow of a doubt. Big corps care about one thing $$$. They also have masters they report too, and if they want to keep making $$$, plus being in the club they have to obey. Getting into another topic though....

I can't for the life of me understand why companies are entering this fray right now. I do understand the need for Corporate Responsibility, but I don't know that there are ANY groups you can align with at this moment of immaturity in the situation and not alienate material portions of your customer base.

Calmer voices will have to come to the forefront.

As for me, the tires are paid for. Whether I support or condemn Good Year, the current tires no longer matter in the situation. Only decisions about my next purchase will make a difference to anyone. I will wear these out.

Ed

Goodyear denied it apparently but it wouldn't surprise me if it was real. Anyway, no one should jump to conclusions until all the evidence is out. Seems like all people want to do these days is boycott everything.

Link to article
Looks like Goodyear's statement denies the slide came from corporate, but it still could have been made by a manager at a regional plant. I can understand no MAGA hat as I've been in companies that don't want politics in the workplace. That does not cover "Blue Lives Matter" and "All Lives Matter" however. I'd like to see a reporter ask someone in Goodyear corporate whether a shirt with either of those would be allowed to be worn. That'll be a hard one to talk your way out of.

My Wrangler Duratracs say on the sidewall "Made in U.S.A"

Going by the DOT code, my tires were made in plant "PJ" - Fayetteville, NC

I'm proud to be driving a truck made in the Kentucky Truck Plant with tires made in Fayetteville.

I don't pay attention to political rhetoric anymore. Both sides (Republicans/Democrats) should wear NASCAR uniforms so i can see all thier sponsors. We need to stop feeding both sides media machines and sounding boards (facebook, twitter, etc..) and remember we are all Americans and not an enemy of the state because my opinion differs from you. Sun Tsu said the way to beat an enemy stronger than you was to divide them.

I don't want this to be a political thread, so please don't, in saying this I completely disagree with their stance. Now I am not buying their tires per say but having them on the Tremor is sort of like an endorsement. With the limited tire selection at 35/11 Im now thinking of new wheels and tires.

So just 3 thoughts, since you asked;

Goodyear got their money for these tires long before you bought the truck. Buying new ones isn't going to impact them one bit. In the big picture, neither is you never buying their tires again.

If you really care about supporting first responders or Trump/MAGA or whatever related to the Goodyear issue, there are many better ways to support it than buying new wheels and tires to get rid of the Goodyear name on your truck, including supporting your new business now to get yourself/family in a financial and business position to be able to support the causes you care about directly.

All these discussions about statues, labels, street names, etc...its the easy way. Changing the way things look as opposed to the way things are. If you want new wheels and tires, go for it. Just don't expect a name change on the tires to be some big statement. In 2 weeks it won't be relevant anymore anyway.

I don't pay attention to political rhetoric anymore. Both sides (Republicans/Democrats) should wear NASCAR uniforms so i can see all thier sponsors. We need to stop feeding both sides media machines and sounding boards (facebook, twitter, etc..) and remember we are all Americans and not an enemy of the state because my opinion differs from you. Sun Tsu said the way to beat an enemy stronger than you was to divide them.
This is exactly how the invisible enemy is defeating the "United" States of America. The citizens are so dumbed down and distracted. You're right though, we only have a choice between two sides of the same coin; Hegelian dialectic. Christ said the same thing: a divided kingdom/nation shall not stand.

Man, Shits starting to get real.

This is exactly how the invisible enemy is defeating the "United" States of America. The citizens are so dumbed down and distracted. You're right though, we only have a choice between two sides of the same coin; Hegelian dialectic. Christ said the same thing: a divided kingdom/nation shall not stand.
PREACH

It seems that Goodyear’s policy on political activity in the workplace is similar to the DoD’s policy set by the Hatch Act.
If you don’t know what that is, ask a veteran or anyone who’s worked for the Federal Government. We have to remain apolitical, which suits me just fine.

It seems that Goodyear’s policy on political activity in the workplace is similar to the DoD’s policy set by the Hatch Act.
If you don’t know what that is, ask a veteran or anyone who’s worked for the Federal Government. We have to remain apolitical, which suits me just fine.
It’s not apolitical. Wish it were. The communist views are fine, standing up for the constitution is not. That’s what Goodyear is stating. In my eyes.

And regardless if theyre on my truck(already purchased) or on someone else truck(via sake to them) it does not make a bit of difference.

I won’t be buying from them again. Thanks for your thoughts everyone. Cheers.

Last edited:
It’s not apolitical. Wish it were. The communist views are fine, standing up for the constitution is not. That’s what Goodyear is stating. In my eyes.

And regardless if their on my truck(already purchased) or on someone else truck(via sake to them) it does not make a bit of difference.

I won’t be buying from them again. Thanks for your thoughts everyone. Cheers.

If you think trump is standing up for the constitution, i have bridge you can buy from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back