Gonna start driving the trade in soon if I can’t pick up my Tremor

Tundra2Tremor

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Tennessee, but currently working and living in Cal
Current Ride
Star White Tremor Lariat sport/ultimate (ordered and waiting)
Current Ride #2
2017 Tundra TRD Pro with stage 1 build from TAV
Before the new lockdown extension to April 30, the dealer here was going to resume customer deliveries on the 7th of vehicles that had been delivered. Initially it said their hours were changed, but still were open. Now their hours are as follows - CLOSED everyday and I can’t get anyone on the phone no matter how tricky I think I am. Might just need to go back to the Tundra. I’m having truck withdrawals.

Attachments

• 645CEB3B-4DAC-4F08-A9DF-F8C214FEE954.jpeg
    645CEB3B-4DAC-4F08-A9DF-F8C214FEE954.jpeg
    604 KB · Views: 87
  • 2655630F-EB3B-4FDB-B339-13E213ED2F99.jpeg
    2655630F-EB3B-4FDB-B339-13E213ED2F99.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 42
  • D6D4A3B2-760A-4168-95FB-A91A75B796E4.jpeg
    D6D4A3B2-760A-4168-95FB-A91A75B796E4.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 083C3EE1-ADFC-4E54-9374-8D161ED8C276.jpeg
    083C3EE1-ADFC-4E54-9374-8D161ED8C276.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 46
That sucks, so your Tremor has been delivered to the dealership and they can't process it for delivery???
All of the dealerships are open by us, as they are deemed essential, Mainly the service departments. I was told they went from over 200 service appointments per day to about 20. So they have a small staff on hand and most employees are working every other week. They have one salesman in new car and one in used all others are home.
The business manager has a desk in a new area and they put up Plexiglas at the end of the desk. They want to continue to bring in some cash flow. They have a lot of new and used inventory.

Maybe you will get an added incentive on your truck when you can pick it up. But I would drive the Tundra right now.

We'll be sure and wave as we pass ya!

Please do. I do have a pretty viable option for a supercharged setup, but that would defeat the whole trade in thing. I haven’t lost faith quite yet. Super uncertain times.

That sucks, so your Tremor has been delivered to the dealership and they can't process it for delivery???
All of the dealerships are open by us, as they are deemed essential, Mainly the service departments. I was told they went from over 200 service appointments per day to about 20. So they have a small staff on hand and most employees are working every other week. They have one salesman in new car and one in used all others are home.
The business manager has a desk in a new area and they put up Plexiglas at the end of the desk. They want to continue to bring in some cash flow. They have a lot of new and used inventory.

Maybe you will get an added incentive on your truck when you can pick it up. But I would drive the Tundra right now.

Today’s the 7th, so I’ll probably at least leave a message and then start calling daily just to see what their plan is.

Before the new lockdown extension to April 30, the dealer here was going to resume customer deliveries on the 7th of vehicles that had been delivered. Initially it said their hours were changed, but still were open. Now their hours are as follows - CLOSED everyday and I can’t get anyone on the phone no matter how tricky I think I am. Might just need to go back to the Tundra. I’m having truck withdrawals.
Sorry to hear about the delay. Nice looking tundra. FWIW I traded my tundra in for a tremor. I put the trd supercharger on, dropped gears to 4.88, put a locking diff from Auburn gears in and 4” suspension lift. With the charger on I had zero issues towing. I liked my tundra but I love my tremor. It will be worth the wait. Good luck!

I'm just messing with you I hope it all works out whichever route you take.
I know a jovial chiding when I see one, but thanks. We need humor now more than ever.

The changes you’ve seen at the dealer - I don’t think they are fleeting. At grocery stores here in the bay area - they‘ve done the plexiglass thing at the registers as well. I feel like I could go right off the deep end talking about the paradigm shift we are going through.

Anyway, as I said I would - I continued with my casual persistence earlier today and called the service dept - was able to get someone one the phone. Explained the deal - she put me through to someone in fleet sales. Super crazy nice guy - he knew immediately what truck I was talking about. They DO in fact have it. He was like, “That is a very nice truck. It just looks awesome with the white and the Options you went with”. Definitely reassuring.

So, he sort of was trying to have me verbalize that it was an emergency that I get my truck - at least it sorta seemed like he was; which I appreciate, but I don’t need them to risk their safety to get me my truck. It’s not going anywhere. What he did do was send an e-mail to the gent that handles courtesy deliveries and basically is pitching that because I am a travel nurse working here in the Bay Area that it might be within reason to consider this a situation that justifies getting me the truck sooner rather than later. I definitely concur with that approach; as hospital administration could come in one morning and tell us travelers that our contracts have to be canceled. At that point I would need the truck within days to bug out to the next assignment; which could be anywhere from Florida to Alaska. I’ll know what’s up by Friday. Mostly, I’m happy to hear that they have it and that he’s seen it a few times and that it’s as awesome as I thought it would be when I built it out on Ford’s website.

I’m happy to hear that they have it and that he’s seen it a few times and that it’s as awesome as I thought it would be when I built it out on Ford’s website.

awesome news you will get it soon!!!

Back