Reaction Points
Military
Army/Navy
Current Ride
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT
Current Ride #2
2002 Chevyrolet 1500 Z71
Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while on this forum and am looking to pull the trigger soon on a Tremor.
I'm debating between the lariat and xlt.
There are a few things that the lariat comes with that I would like but i'm having a hard time justifying the extra costs.
I'm looking at a 7.3 Gas engine as it's not going to tow much more than 10K bumper pull.
I'm from Oregon so we do get a lot of rain/snow.
Some great offroading here when you go up in the Cascades.

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while on this forum and am looking to pull the trigger soon on a Tremor.
There are a few things that the lariat comes with that I would like but i'm having a hard time justifying the extra costs.
I'm looking at a 7.3 Gas engine as it's not going to tow much more than 10K bumper pull.
Hi All,

Hey

I currently have an Xlt and wish I upgraded to the Lariet package. One reason I am buying a new F250. Also really want to get the 10 speed transmission and the tremor package was the tipping point. I have a 2019 and while the XLT is probably the best value. I wish I spent a little more for the lariet the leather plus the power seat for the passenger are worth it alone for me. I do like my XLT and don’t think you can go wrong either way. Also consider building yours from Ford. It will allow you to add some lariet features if you do go XLT. But that just my opinion. We spend so much on these vehicles might as well go for what we want just as much as what we need. If that makes sense. Lol

AM

Hey

I currently have an Xlt and wish I upgraded to the Lariet package. One reason I am buying a new F250. Also really want to get the 10 speed transmission and the tremor package was the tipping point. I have a 2019 and while the XLT is probably the best value. I wish I spent a little more for the lariet the leather plus the power seat for the passenger are worth it alone for me. I do like my XLT and don’t think you can go wrong either way. Also consider building yours from Ford. It will allow you to add some lariet features if you do go XLT. But that just my opinion. We spend so much on these vehicles might as well go for what we want just as much as what we need. If that makes sense. Lol

AM
One of the things that I like on the lariat is that you can get the power running boards.
Not sure if you can with the Tremor package but my wife needs the lower boards.

One of the things that I like on the lariat is that you can get the power running boards.
You can get the power running boards with the Tremor package on Lariat, KR, and Platinum trims.

One of the first things I did on my XLT was the power running boards. I bought after market ones AMP steps and they cost a bit more I think 1400-1500$ plus install if you have them installed. But worth it and from what I head better then the Ford factory steps. May be something to check out.

One of the first things I did on my XLT was the power running boards. I bought after market ones AMP steps and they cost a bit more I think 1400-1500$ plus install if you have them installed. But worth it and from what I head better then the Ford factory steps. May be something to check out.
I've looked at them and that's been in the back of my mind if i go XLT

I personally wouldnt look below Lariat WITH Ultimate.

But seeing as you are trying to keep costs lower and live in cold, you could maybe not need Ultimate but I would recommend option 60W.

Love my heated steering wheel!
Ok, i'll have to look at that. I have heated grips on my Harley and love them so i can see that being a +

Hi All,

Get a Lariat! Plus if you are willing to spend a little more money you can get all of the chrome deleted from the factory! Maybe don't get some options on the Lariat that you would have gotten on the XLT like a sunroof and that will make the price difference less!

Hi All,

I went with the Lariat on my Tremor. I had two F150 XLTs prior to my Tremor. Both leases. It took me 6 years to pull the trigger on the Lariat because I was trying to be practical. Don't do what I did and get the Lariat.

To keep the cost reasonable for me, I was pretty surgical with add-ons. I splurged on the diesel and sunroof.

As to the heated steering wheel, I passed. But got the supplemental heater instead.

Window Sticker.png

I personally wouldnt look below Lariat WITH Ultimate.

But seeing as you are trying to keep costs lower and live in cold, you could maybe not need Ultimate but I would recommend option 60W.

Love my heated steering wheel!
Ultimate doesn't really get you much value however it unlocks a some things that are nice to have. Lariat Value package is a steal in my opinion. you can add all the other shit from the Ultimate but the pushbutton start and intelligent access and random interior LEDS and come out 2 thousand below.

I went with the Lariat on my Tremor. I had two F150 XLTs prior to my Tremor. Both leases. It took me 6 years to pull the trigger on the Lariat because I was trying to be practical. Don't do what I did and get the Lariat.

To keep the cost reasonable for me, I was pretty surgical with add-ons. I splurged on the diesel and sunroof.

As to the heated steering wheel, I passed. But got the supplemental heater instead.

View attachment 17940
1614111499092.png

I highly recommend this setup and if you want to go with the sport package you can i wanted flat Oxford white which wasn't offered in sport. I went with some LED bulbs form F150 LED.

I'm in a similar position trying to decide between the XLT Tremor and the Lariat Tremor. The biggest thing that gets me on the Build and Price....unless I'm doing something wrong....is that they show the LED lights as a separate option but when I try to pick them it forces me to the Lariat Ultimate package. I'm ok with the lariat value package as that gives me the extras I like. I need to go back and see if the Ultimate package includes the sport package or not.

Adding the Lariat Ultimate pkg and these listed option will retail for about $7500 above a Base Lariat. The $1180 LED Headlights are a must have. The std Halogen headlights in these trucks are the poorest excuse for lights in the past 20 yrs. Power Boards are nice, only $995 and they drop down further. Adaptive Cruise Control will run you another $740, it will also be your new best friend. Up-Fitter Switches, for $165 it's a no-brainer, the switches and wiring is already fused and run for you. Rain-Sensing Wipers w/Heated Wheel $165 self explanatory. Cameras are expensive, but worth every cent of the $1655. They're a game changer. Together, Dual Batteries & Alternators cost $325. Like the Up-Fitter switches, they're factory installed. If you ever think of adding a Winch, or towing an RV, the added Amps are nice.

Back