Going off road with our new 2020 F-250 7.3l Godzilla in the sierras

Fyrcat

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford Tremor
First Responder
Retired Captain, EMT, Engineer La Honda Fire Dept.
So I made a little video showing our first off road experience with our new f-250 Ford Tremor(gas 7.3 Godzilla engine). We had seen videos of Tremors and what they can do on really rough/wet/rocky/steep terrain. We did a loop up to Meadow lake (Tahoe national forest)and started on the closest leg to our campground. What we didnt know, and were beyond giddy was, this was an,for the most part, abandoned Forest Service road that jeeps, atvs,razors and snowmobiles take to hunt or go snowmobiling. The only vehicle we saw going up was a razor that passed us. Nothing else going down or up. It appears there hasn’t been a “blade” on this road/trail for years. downed trees have been cleared, most likely by the 4x4’s that come to play on this. We were beyond thrilled to have some of the obstacles we encountered to try out the rock crawling mode. Basically you put the truck into 4 wheel drive, hit the switch, take your foot off the accelerator and brake and the truck decides which wheel/wheels to engage, and speed. So friggen bad ass. Nothing we offered it, stopped it. This was about 6-8 miles of rocky, slippery, sometimes wet terrain. We did go for the worst on the road to see how well our new(less than 1500 miles) truck could handle it. And it exceeded all expectations. We got some surface scratches from brush..but I will do my best to buff those out. So much fun..the highlight of our trip! Once we got to Meadow lake, the other side was like a freeway. We passed multiple trucks coming up. Of course they came that way..they don’t own a tremor!?

~30 seconds into that video... Uff da! A non-Tremor chin spoiler would of been spoiled.

Looks fun, and like you were looking for a more, um, enjoyable line. Did you come out no worse for wear?

We got a few surface scratches from brush. We were on a boondocking camping trip with our airstream, and just got back after 12 days yesterday. Our new truck/airstream both need baths, and I will tackle the scratches after she is clean. Other than that it was a friggen blast trying out rock crawling.

We got a few surface scratches from brush. We were on a boondocking camping trip with our airstream, and just got back after 12 days yesterday. Our new truck/airstream both need baths, and I will tackle the scratches after she is clean. Other than that it was a friggen blast trying out rock crawling.
0709C46E-7DA6-40AF-B415-C7BC4E462BFB.jpeg

Attachments

• A4E6AF0F-F6C8-464A-8679-8B1700EFD5BC.jpeg
    A4E6AF0F-F6C8-464A-8679-8B1700EFD5BC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • A9F28A82-8BDF-4C1A-92FE-720C98A16539.jpeg
    A9F28A82-8BDF-4C1A-92FE-720C98A16539.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 99
All you need now is a cameraman with the same abilities as the truck!

So I made a little video showing our first off road experience with our new f-250 Ford Tremor(gas 7.3 Godzilla engine). We had seen videos of Tremors and what they can do on really rough/wet/rocky/steep terrain. We did a loop up to Meadow lake (Tahoe national forest)and started on the closest leg to our campground. What we didnt know, and were beyond giddy was, this was an,for the most part, abandoned Forest Service road that jeeps, atvs,razors and snowmobiles take to hunt or go snowmobiling. The only vehicle we saw going up was a razor that passed us. Nothing else going down or up. It appears there hasn’t been a “blade” on this road/trail for years. downed trees have been cleared, most likely by the 4x4’s that come to play on this. We were beyond thrilled to have some of the obstacles we encountered to try out the rock crawling mode. Basically you put the truck into 4 wheel drive, hit the switch, take your foot off the accelerator and brake and the truck decides which wheel/wheels to engage, and speed. So friggen bad ass. Nothing we offered it, stopped it. This was about 6-8 miles of rocky, slippery, sometimes wet terrain. We did go for the worst on the road to see how well our new(less than 1500 miles) truck could handle it. And it exceeded all expectations. We got some surface scratches from brush..but I will do my best to buff those out. So much fun..the highlight of our trip! Once we got to Meadow lake, the other side was like a freeway. We passed multiple trucks coming up. Of course they came that way..they don’t own a tremor!?
View attachment 6916

View attachment 6916
That was so awesome. Get a dash cam and show us some more my man.

Looks like a lot of fun! ?

I thought you hit the bumper on that one dip at around :30. That was impressive. I hope to see more folks on here with videos of their adventures. Thanks for posting that!

What kind of Airstream are you towing? We tow a 27ft Flying Cloud. We love how our tremor performs in the mountains on steep grades. We blow by semis.

Hi,we have a 2020 FC23fb(was a queen, we just converted to 2 twins). I couldn’t agree more, the Tremor tows like there is nothing behind it!!

You guys had fun. Beautiful up there, isn't it.

We love it..going back again in June and October. We got our airstream right at the beginning of the Pandemic. We came from 30 plus years of pop up tent trailer camping. Wish we had thought of and could have afforded an Airstream earlier in our lives. They are the best! Now with the combo of the Tremor..we are unstoppable!!!

View attachment 6916

View attachment 6916
Was there some reason you had to blast the "music" so we couldn't hear the truck, or anyone in the video? Too hard to watch.

Back