Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Army (veteran)
Current Ride
2013 Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Tremor
Hey everyone! Just a quick hello... I've been the original owner of my 13' Raptor; having thought I'd never get rid of it, but a wife and baby who want to trailer camp and road trip changed that, which I'm ok with. I just ordered a 2020 King Ranch Tremor with the 6.7, so I'm here to learn all that I can before it comes. Lead time is 14-16 weeks, so I'm expecting mid-September to October. I look forward to meeting and learning from y'all!

Doc

Hey everyone! Just a quick hello... I've been the original owner of my 13' Raptor; having thought I'd never get rid of it, but a wife and baby who want to trailer camp and road trip changed that, which I'm ok with. I just ordered a 2020 King Ranch Tremor with the 6.7, so I'm here to learn all that I can before it comes. Lead time is 14-16 weeks, so I'm expecting mid-September to October. I look forward to meeting and learning from y'all!

Doc

Welcome to the forum Doc and CONGRATS on the order!

Reactions: Doc
I moved from POS EcoBurst 2018 Raptor to a F250 Tremor, and love it! Nothing like big block engine paired with 4.30 gears :)

Nice setup!!
The Raptor is rockin 37's on the stock 4.10's, and I think that's a better combo than the stock 35's, coupled with some hardware and computer tweaking, that truck scooted nicely in the dirt, but this will actually be my first diesel... doesn't matter, we're still rocking Tremor's and I'm stoked for it!

I am transitioning out of a 13’ Raptor myself. It is my daily driver with close to 100k miles.

I have had the luxury of owning a 2011 F-250 KR with the 6.7 and 2014 F-350 Platinum Dually with the 6.7 so know the diesel well. Really once you get use to the motors characteristics I always enjoyed the diesel. The effortless torque is addictive. And pulling anything is effortless. And the fuel mileage is better than my Raptor so there is that. Plus I think the Super Duty line is built better than the 13’ Raptor was. I am looking forward to getting my Tremor. I will miss the Raptor I am sure but will not regret the move.

It's really a good sign how many guys here have come from Raptors (myself included).

I kept my 2012 Raptor. We just use it for Play. Love the Borla exhaust and 37 inch Nittos on it. The 6.2 really barks, the one thing I miss with my 6.7 Tremor so quiet.
The 1050 torque makes up for a lot. Plus it gets HUGE mileage pulling my 14k 5 th wheel. It still rocks 15 MPG thats crazy. They are really different trucks. I actually ordered the Velocity blue on the T
IMG_5177.jpeg
remor to match the Flame Blue on my SVT Raptor.

Welcome!

I was about to buy a '14 raptor but chose the Tremor when it sold. I'm happy with my decision despite being overkill for my needs.

You can't really compare a 6.2 with a borla to a stock 6.7

I am transitioning out of a 13’ Raptor myself. It is my daily driver with close to 100k miles.

I have had the luxury of owning a 2011 F-250 KR with the 6.7 and 2014 F-350 Platinum Dually with the 6.7 so know the diesel well. Really once you get use to the motors characteristics I always enjoyed the diesel. The effortless torque is addictive. And pulling anything is effortless. And the fuel mileage is better than my Raptor so there is that. Plus I think the Super Duty line is built better than the 13’ Raptor was. I am looking forward to getting my Tremor. I will miss the Raptor I am sure but will not regret the move.

I agree, it's time to move forward. I love this truck, but with so many plus's from the Tremor, it's a move you can't regret. I'm excited about the gas mileage as well, but definitely need it for the towing capability. In CA, we have a bunch of... "less than intelligent" people that look obnoxious trying to tow with them and their ass end bottomed out. I just laugh

And beautiful blue rides @PapaRaptor ! I'd love to keep mine, but I just wont have a use for it anymore

My 18 EcoBurst Raptor looked great when it wasn't parked at the dealer for engine issues...

My 2012 Raptor was a tank, super reliable, built for the long term.

Last edited:
I agree, it's time to move forward. I love this truck, but with so many plus's from the Tremor, it's a move you can't regret. I'm excited about the gas mileage as well, but definitely need it for the towing capability. In CA, we have a bunch of... "less than intelligent" people that look obnoxious trying to tow with them and their ass end bottomed out. I just laugh

And beautiful blue rides @PapaRaptor ! I'd love to keep mine, but I just wont have a use for it anymore
The Tremor is an awesome ride and is much better for long trips. With the 6.7 and the 35 gallon tank you can get some distance. My only beef with the Raptor is the small gas tank and the fuel economy is awful. I think the range is about half of the Tremor. But they are really different type vehicles. Both unique and both lots of Fun.

NOPE but since I can't make my 6.7 sound great I have a fall back.
Nothing like an American V-8 with pipes.

I can, I have the 7.3. Sounds beefy even stock, future exhaust change for me to make it even better.

The Tremor is an awesome ride and is much better for long trips. With the 6.7 and the 35 gallon tank you can get some distance. My only beef with the Raptor is the small gas tank and the fuel economy is awful. I think the range is about half of the Tremor. But they are really different type vehicles. Both unique and both lots of Fun.

My 2018 Raptor averaged 15.6 mpg. Tremor is averaging 11.8. Raptor for sure won the MPG contest

Last edited:
I can, I have the 7.3. Sounds beefy even stock, future exhaust change for me to make it even better.

My 7.3 is too quiet in stock form

Congratulations, you won't regret it!

Oh I agree, two completely different rides with completely different purposes. The Raptor was great at a majority of things, including tent camping, and because I had the crew cab, it had the 36 gallon tank. However, with an average of 10.3mpg and running 91, it was awful with CA gas prices as well. The plus side though is that my place of work provides me with a 2200+ acre area that gave me a mini baja race track through the fire breaks. I sure will miss that, but the Tremor will bring all sorts of new fun!

My 7.3 is too quiet in stock form
What you can't compare is the V6 Raptor and the 7.3 Tremor. The ecoburst Raptor in the engine sound department was, imho, uninspiring. The Tremor is quiet; a borla or corsa exhaust would definitely liven it up. I'm averaging 12.5-ish mpg, but I mostly drive in eco mode when tooling around town. Not too terrible for the size truck and gasoline engine.

My 2018 Raptor averaged 15.6 mpg. Tremor is averaging 11.8. Raptor for sure won the MPG contest
My 2012 Raptor got 12.2 average and thats Hwy not city. But I get the sound of the V8 6.2 and The 6.7 gets 15 mpg with a 5th wheel Rv same route. So I am thrilled with the Tremor

Back