GMC HUD is way better

coachhomer

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor
I’ll preface this by saying that we have a 2012 Raptor, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, and a 2020 Tremor. Just bought the wife a Yukon AT4. Have to say I am very impressed. But the biggest thing I have noticed is that the software operating on the HUD is far superior than Sync. It is not even close. Not buggy at all. Maps actually looks like Apple Maps and not some map from an arcade game in the 80s like Sync. Love my Tremor but Sync is terrible.
C

I’ll preface this by saying that we have a 2012 Raptor, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, and a 2020 Tremor. Just bought the wife a Yukon AT4. Have to say I am very impressed. But the biggest thing I have noticed is that the software operating on the HUD is far superior than Sync. It is not even close. Not buggy at all. Maps actually looks like Apple Maps and not some map from an arcade game in the 80s like Sync. Love my Tremor but Sync is terrible.
C

Strange.

I love the Sync Navigation and CANNOT Stand Apple Maps..

I find it interesting how different people like different things. I guess thats why we have so many choices!

The only thing I'm semi-bummed about with the 2020 Tremor is the fact it still uses Sync3. Sync 4 is just now coming out on the 2021s so it'll probably be 2022 or later before it hits the Super Duties. I wanted it mostly for Android Auto Wireless which will be supported in Sync4.

Other than that I haven't looked into it much since I want to remain as happy as I currently am with what I have. Ignorance is bliss.

Sync 4 is awesome. The next gen SD will beat GMC. Look at the new F150.

Sync 4 is awesome. The next gen SD will beat GMC. Look at the new F150.
dang, I wish Ford would've put Sync 4 in the '21 Super Duty ... Ford obviously has it....but they'll wait until body change time and say it's alllll new & redesigned ?

start now setting aside $$ for the Sync 4 retro-fit ?

dang, I wish Ford would've put Sync 4 in the '21 Super Duty ... Ford obviously has it....but they'll wait until body change time and say it's alllll new & redesigned ?

start now setting aside $$ for the Sync 4 retro-fit ?
What's so good about sync 4 anyway? Do you even NEED it?

I'm old school and like knobs over touch screen any day. The screen in my super duty is nice, I can see my hitch contact the receiver but I'm all about radio and temperature knobs. I'm not in love with having a screen.

Here's another thought. Everything else about the Ford is way better.

Last edited:
I'm old school and like knobs over touch screen any day. The screen in my super duty is nice, I can see my hitch contact the receiver but I'm all about radio and tempature knobs. I'm not in love with having a screen.

Here's another thought. Everything else about the Ford is way better.
Same way...touch screens are too finicky imho, find them to be slow at times when I don't want them to be slow, things like that. I like the immediacy of a knob or button.

C
go check out the screens on the rams test drove one of those while back pretty nice too fancy for me but they are pretty cool
409F5C5C-7D89-4A73-8F01-445660EA9CA4.png

go check out the screens on the rams test drove one of those while back pretty nice too fancy for me but they are pretty cool
View attachment 8070
Worst infotainment ever! My 2019 Ram Limited got lemoned out soley due to issue with the 12.1" Uconnect System. Won't ever go back to Ram.

Worst infotainment ever! My 2019 Ram Limited got lemoned out soley due to issue with the 12.1" Uconnect System. Won't ever go back to Ram.
Yea I’m shore it’s going to be long time before it works right GMC to brother-in-law’s screen would go black for a day and then come back on simpler is better

What's so good about sync 4 anyway? Do you even NEED it?

JC, have you seen the Sync 4 in the newest F150? (serious question)
I like the way it looks; and personally, I wish it was at least an option in 2021 Super Duty trucks. Most likely, I will not be retrofitting a Sync 4 into my Tremor; but again, I wish it were an option (now).

as far as "need" goes; no, I do not claim to need the Sync 4.
Around this Tremor Forum with all the talk of aftermarket wheels, tires, lights, bed covers, etc (to most of which I do not
personally subscribe) I don't believe something must achieve the status of "need" to be talked about, bragged on, reviewed, or wished for. ;) ?
To each, his own., for sure ?

Well, you can buy A LOT of Tech R&D with a Billion Govt dollars, you can see cutting edge Tech in ALL the post bailout GM cars, Caddys are off the hook......just saying....

I'm a little disappointed that Ford doesn't offer a software update so that Sync 4 works with the current hardware in the 20/21 SuperDuty. I don't understand why? Is the hardware not good enough?

My iMac is 8 years old and it's finally at the end of the life for software updates. Come on Ford, take a page from Apples book.

Tesla has everyone beat with the screens. Who cares what GM does, their trucks fail in comparison to Ford.

We have a friend that just bought a Tesla... you’re not kidding. The interface is light years ahead. Really cool stuff, the damn thing will notify you if someone walks by your car if you want it to.

How hard is it to put a damn screen in a truck that works as good as the original iphone. Ford really should be ashamed with this is the best you can do in an 86k truck, lol.

I think the new CEO of Ford (Jim Farley) will steer the company back in the right direction. The last one they had was unbelievably terrible. Hopefully they can start by making their infotainment systems in the current models upgradeable :)

I think the new CEO of Ford (Jim Farley) will steer the company back in the right direction. The last one they had was unbelievably terrible. Hopefully they can start by making their infotainment systems in the current models upgradeable :)
Unless he’s related to Chris Farley ?

Back