Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USMC 1985-1998
Current Ride
2006 F250
Current Ride #2
2018 Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Decided on the Gen Y hitch for the bumper pull. We went with the Gen Y Boss Class V 16K with the 7 1/2 inch drop. The hitch is massive and awesome but it's so massive that it triggers the back up sensor. :cry:
Gen Y IMG_0460.jpg
Gen Y IMG_0459.jpg
Gen Y IMG_0458.jpg

That’s pretty funny, those hitches are insane!

Ive been very happy with the Weighsafe with built in tongue scale myself.

Attachments

• A74DCCEB-3F3F-4EF3-A2A6-BC78690DDE49.jpeg
    A74DCCEB-3F3F-4EF3-A2A6-BC78690DDE49.jpeg
    782 KB · Views: 94
That’s pretty funny, those hitches are insane!

Ive been very happy with the Weighsafe with built in tongue scale myself.
Wow thats massive!

I have also enjoyed my Weighsafe. Just wish I went to the larger drop.

Use it yet? How does ride? does it make a difference? I need the details, ive been looking at one of these for a while now?

I have only used it once at this point pulling a horse trailer and I will say that you don't feel anything when the trailer goes over bumps, rough roads, dips, etc. It's amazingly smooth. The hitch is about 100 lbs in addition to the massive size. So far it has been a great hitch minus the issue with the back up sensor.

I have only used it once at this point pulling a horse trailer and I will say that you don't feel anything when the trailer goes over bumps, rough roads, dips, etc. It's amazingly smooth. The hitch is about 100 lbs in addition to the massive size. So far it has been a great hitch minus the issue with the back up sensor.
my 32k gen y hitch saved my ass end in a car accident but it doesn't fuck with the back up sensors

Attachments

• 20200920_132917.jpg
    20200920_132917.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200920_132909.jpg
    20200920_132909.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 20200819_151711.jpg
    20200819_151711.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 181
  • 20200819_152123.jpg
    20200819_152123.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 181
my 32k gen y hitch saved my ass end in a car accident but it doesn't fuck with the back up sensors

Wow that hitch saved that fine ride. Lucky for you, not so much for her.

Wow that hitch saved that fine ride. Lucky for you, not so much for her.
Yea it really did .... And I hoping there no damage waiting for the repair shop to let me know

I am looking at the 10K boss hitch, how do you like your hitch? According to Gen Y I would need a 9" drop but they only offer 7.5" or 10", they recommend the 10" but I am almost wondering if the 7.5" would be better to account for squat. Just looking for some feedback of your experience with the torsion hitch.

I am looking at the 10K boss hitch, how do you like your hitch? According to Gen Y I would need a 9" drop but they only offer 7.5" or 10", they recommend the 10" but I am almost wondering if the 7.5" would be better to account for squat. Just looking for some feedback of your experience with the torsion hitch.
TxTremor my drop is the 7.5" and it really is perfect for the F250 Tremors. If I purchased the 10" I really do think it would be too long as I'm pulling things frequently off the highway and many times not on anything more than a dirt road, trail or through a field. The hitch is awesome and you can feel the difference between the Gen Y and a traditional hitch. We have an older F250 with a traditional hitch and when I pull with the Gen Y the haul is significantly smoother and much less tugging on the truck when the roads are less than ideal. The only issue that I experience is that the hitch is large and the back up sensors pick it up so I just turn that off when I'm backing with the Gen Y. Not a big deal for me because the camera works perfectly. I would purchase the Gen Y again without hesitation. Good luck with your purchase and let me know what you think.

TxTremor my drop is the 7.5" and it really is perfect for the F250 Tremors. If I purchased the 10" I really do think it would be too long as I'm pulling things frequently off the highway and many times not on anything more than a dirt road, trail or through a field. The hitch is awesome and you can feel the difference between the Gen Y and a traditional hitch. We have an older F250 with a traditional hitch and when I pull with the Gen Y the haul is significantly smoother and much less tugging on the truck when the roads are less than ideal. The only issue that I experience is that the hitch is large and the back up sensors pick it up so I just turn that off when I'm backing with the Gen Y. Not a big deal for me because the camera works perfectly. I would purchase the Gen Y again without hesitation. Good luck with your purchase and let me know what you think.
Thanks for the info, probably going to be a few months before I purchase, looking to use it for a boat but limited supply out there so hoping more show up soon, boats that is. Yeah I was thinking 10 would be too much with the trailer and gear I’m sure there would be some squat which then starts putting me closer to that 7.5” drop, plus reading here looks like that 6”-8” drop looks to be a good choice.

Back