Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 F350 6.7 lariat
Current Ride #2
Town Car
Hey Guys,
So last year was my first season plowing. I have an 18 gas however, ordered a 6.7 diesel to replace it. My dealer thinks I'm touched in the head for spending extra money for the diesel. My snow plow partner runs a 350 6.7 and plows with it. I think the advantage would be diesels are meant to idle, longevity of the motor and overall mileage are pluses. What do you guys use if you plow and what do you think pros and cons are gas vs diesel in a plow application? appreciate your feedback.

Hey Guys,
So last year was my first season plowing. I have an 18 gas however, ordered a 6.7 diesel to replace it. My dealer thinks I'm touched in the head for spending extra money for the diesel. My snow plow partner runs a 350 6.7 and plows with it. I think the advantage would be diesels are meant to idle, longevity of the motor and overall mileage are pluses. What do you guys use if you plow and what do you think pros and cons are gas vs diesel in a plow application? appreciate your feedback.
According to the manual, Tremors are not for plowing.

Hey Guys,
I don’t have experience with plowing, but from a numbers standpoint heads up that you have less front end payload with the diesel because of the extra engine weight. So it might limit your plow options.

Latest Discussions

Back