Gas Fuel Tank

Red Forman

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Does anyone know why you can get a 36 gallon fuel tank for $445 on a F-150, but not on a 250/350?

The 36 gallon tank is quite interesting. I had one in my 2013 raptor, and for the life of me, I never fill it more than 32 gallons. And that's with running it down to only 40 miles til empty. which sounds about right, but its just weird.

I was hoping someone would make a 60 gallon midship tank like they have for the diesel.

Absolutely need this!! I've checked all the usual suspects and have been very bummed they only offer diesel tanks. It'd be one of my first upgrades for sure.

I'll be sending my request into all of the vendors, please do the same! Edit... I contacted Transfer Flow and Titan with new product requests tonight.

Last edited:
The 36 gallon tank is quite interesting. I had one in my 2013 raptor, and for the life of me, I never fill it more than 32 gallons. And that's with running it down to only 40 miles til empty. which sounds about right, but its just weird.
In my 2018 6.7 I was forced to test the DTE 0 value and was able to go 30 miles with a 6000lb trailer at 50mph (slowest in could go in top gear) before getting to the station and putting in 33.8 gallons in the 34 gallon factory tank.

Definitely need more range for the 7.3 during trips to NW Montana!!

In my 2018 6.7 I was forced to test the DTE 0 value and was able to go 30 miles with a 6000lb trailer at 50mph (slowest in could go in top gear) before getting to the station and putting in 33.8 gallons in the 34 gallon factory tank.

Definitely need more range for the 7.3 during trips to NW Montana!!
Had the same thing happen with my 7.3L hauling the truck camper in NW Nebraska, wife pointed to the last services sign while I was on a call. We got to the town 60 miles down the road only to find the single gas station had closed a few years back. Had to drive another 40 miles to put 34.3 gallons in the tank. Good thing I pull the handle twice after the first shutoff.

you can go to https://www.transferflow.com/suggestions and add your request for them to make a larger gas tank. Lots of people on the FTE Forum have done so already. The more people requesting the higher chance we will get one. They already make gas tanks for F150 and Tundra.

you can go to https://www.transferflow.com/suggestions and add your request for them to make a larger gas tank. Lots of people on the FTE Forum have done so already. The more people requesting the higher chance we will get one. They already make gas tanks for F150 and Tundra.
I just made a suggestion. Thanks for the link!
I'd love to see something close to 50 gallons.

I got an email from Transfer Flow a week ago.
Anyone have any thoughts on the $2k estimated cost?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312-121749_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210312-121749_Gmail.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 137
If they were smart they would do a 60gal that fits the ccsb and cclb. An extra 12 gallons over the 48 gal would get some long bed interest, 50 gallon not so much...

I got an email from Transfer Flow a week ago.
Anyone have any thoughts on the $2k estimated cost?
About double what I was hoping. But if it's in the 60 gal range, I will do it.

AGREED - I'd be in for a $2K tank if it were closer to 60 gal. I have also made the suggestion on their webpage.

Im in for any bigger tank, think they would be smart to be first to market with a quality option, folks are going to snap it up.

No!

Extended range on the 7.3 Tremor would be great. Sent suggestion also. 2000 a little steep but would bite the bullet for the xtra capacity.

I'm still torn at the $2k price point....plus install if you can't do it yourself. Now it's less of a concern for me since I barely drive the truck anymore (working from home), but I know that's going to change at some point...just not sure when. For me, it would have to be at least 50 gallons to justify the expense. I'm not going to lie though, the OEM 34 gallon capacity is ridiculous, especially when towing.

It'll be interesting to see if TF keeps pursuing this one.

I can't imagine they'll get a ton of buyers at $2k plus install for 11 more gallons...

Back