FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I think the spray in bed liner was an issue for a while earlier this summer but I don’t think it’s causing a scheduling delays at this point. Adaptive steering is still causing delays and it seems like axles may be causing scheduling issues but I don’t know that for sure.
Oddly enough I think the black package was given priority over individually ordering the spray-in, but I cannot prove that. Just what I have noticed from the builds.

Oddly enough I think the black package was given priority over individually ordering the spray-in, but I cannot prove that. Just what I have noticed from the builds.
That’s a good point. You can’t get the black package without the spray-in so they may be giving a higher priority to those builds. It seems like the spray in should be a stand alone option regardless of what packages you want.

I ordered 8/3… nothing yet
It seems that Ford has no rhyme or reason for scheduling some have been waiting several months and others got their truck in a month. Mine is a Lariat ultimate blackout 5th wheel winch for what its worth.
Good luck.

Sorry for the late photo. Here she is, 55% tint on windshield 35% on sides. Winch was shipped to dealer and she there now getting it installed hopefully they don't screw it up.

Attachments

• Inked20211024_175633_LI.jpg
    Inked20211024_175633_LI.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 111
Post up the name of the Dealer so all in the community can avoid them - too bad they can't make such a large purchase a good experience!
Elder ford of Tampa.. Salesman Asi was good, the sales manager i don't recall his name seemed to be the problem. As a follow up, my bank said that if the dealership wants to do business with my bank they HAVE to accept my drafts. The dealer relationship department is in communications with the dealer, not sure if I'm entitled to anything for all the trouble and flat out lies they told. Oh well, I hope the winch install goes well.

Last edited:
Elder ford of Tampa.. Salesman Asi was good, the sales manager i don't recall his name seemed to be the problem. As a follow up, my bank said that if the dealership wants to do business with my bank they HAVE to accept my drafts. The dealer relationship department is in communications with the dealer, not sure if I'm entitled to anything for all the trouble and flat out lies they told. Oh well, I hope the winch install goes well.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I ordered from Bill Currie...so far, so good.

I've been wondering the same thing. You hear that spray in is a delay but the black appearance package doesn't say anything and lots of them have been built.

I've been wondering the same thing. You hear that spray in is a delay but the black appearance package doesn't say anything and lots of them have been built.
If you have a good salesman/dealer they should be able to view your order and see if there is any comments from Ford on a hold due to materials, it should also state what material is holding it up. My dealer showed me a SD that was ordered before me and had comments "On hold for AS". AS seems to be the biggest hold up right now. But again there is no rhyme or reason at all to Fords scheduling, we are all just guessing and praying at this point.

@SteveG75

Did you receive the order confirmation from Ford? If not - be sure your email is on the order. If so...a VIN it's been taking a few weeks to 7 months. I think you're closer to the few weeks side of the fence unless you have some of the commodities on the wait list.

What is usual wait for a VIN? We ordered 8/13 but it has been zero comms from dealer or Ford since then. At least if I had a VIN, I would feel better.
It's all over the place. You have people around here who "pre-ordered" back in March and April, but since Ford didn't actually start production of 22MY until mid-July, you could assume that no one has technically been waiting any longer than 15 weeks (for Ford's point of view, at least). Of course, those pre-order folks haven't all exactly been prioritized in line, either. I ordered mine on 7/24 and haven't received anything since the confirmation email I got the day I ordered it, so that's 13 weeks (I removed AS from my order back in August, but still no luck). Then you have some on the other end of the spectrum who were scheduled not even a week after placing their order. In my opinion, this is the main source of frustration with this whole process: waiting around with no real transparency on where you are on the proverbial waiting list.

If I go to the licensing bureau and I can see that I'm #25 in line, I don't like that I have to wait for the other 24 people to go first, but at least I know where I stand and can watch the progress be made until it comes to my turn. Here, you could have 0 or 100,000 orders in front of you and you have no way of knowing. And where you are in line could change from week to week depending on if something in your order suddenly becomes unavailable.

-SR-

@SteveG75

Did you receive the order confirmation from Ford? If not - be sure your email is on the order. If so...a VIN it's been taking a few weeks to 7 months. I think you're closer to the few weeks side of the fence unless you have some of the commodities on the wait list.
Got the confirmation email.

F-250 Tremor, Platinum, 7.3, winch, AS, 5th wheel prep, spray-in bedliner, few other misc option. Figure I am closer to the 7 month side if the house. :cry:

It's all over the place. You have people around here who "pre-ordered" back in March and April, but since Ford didn't actually start production of 22MY until mid-July, you could assume that no one has technically been waiting any longer than 15 weeks (for Ford's point of view, at least). Of course, those pre-order folks haven't all exactly been prioritized in line, either. I ordered mine on 7/24 and haven't received anything since the confirmation email I got the day I ordered it, so that's 13 weeks (I removed AS from my order back in August, but still no luck). Then you have some on the other end of the spectrum who were scheduled not even a week after placing their order. In my opinion, this is the main source of frustration with this whole process: waiting around with no real transparency on where you are on the proverbial waiting list.

If I go to the licensing bureau and I can see that I'm #25 in line, I don't like that I have to wait for the other 24 people to go first, but at least I know where I stand and can watch the progress be made until it comes to my turn. Here, you could have 0 or 100,000 orders in front of you and you have no way of knowing. And where you are in line could change from week to week depending on if something in your order suddenly becomes unavailable.

-SR-
Absolutely agree. I posted an article earlier about Ford wanting to go to more custom order based system. If you are going to do that and keep the customers happy, communication is key. I hate waiting, but if I know why, then I can understand it.

Back