FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Tracking shows my truck is now In Production!

T1.jpg

The VIN just comes back as Null for me. Truck has been "Received by Customer" at the rail yard in wonderful Benicia, CA for about 11 days now.
@slimcubby
It will say that until it actually gets on the transport truck in route to the dealer then all the other columns will populate and it will say “ in transport”.

I had that option selected on my build sheet. But the salesman didn't realize that when he did my order. I didn't realize that he couldn't just import my exact build...
I had the same issue. I remembered to specifically ask the sales person to confirm they checked it before I signed the order form.

Texted my dealer to ask for the rail car #. She sent this to me.

In Transit Arrived Rail - Railcar # TTGX980358 (Csx Transportation ) Jacksonville, FL Oct-10-2021, 21:52 ET Oct-20-2021 Oct-26-2021.

So it seems like it arrived to the final rail destination and is waiting for the truck to deliver it to the dealer.

@Vermonster I feel it coming! Thursday eve
No notes for Super Duty this week via IC on BO. I’m going to cross everything I can tonight before bed! I think as soon as I receive some information my work/family focus will improve tenfold. 😇🤬

Do you know offhand, how long does that normally takes? I'm still waiting on a VIN from a 9/4 order.

It all depends on what Ford's magic 8 ball says on any given Thursday. They send a scheduling representative to Stonehinge to receive celestial guidance, cast the magic 8 ball and then if lucky you are assigned a VIN on Thursday.

Some people order on Monday and have a VIN on Thursday, some people ordered in April 2021 and still do not have a VIN....

It all depends on what Ford's magic 8 ball says on any given Thursday. They send a scheduling representative to Stonehinge to receive celestial guidance, cast the magic 8 ball and then if lucky you are assigned a VIN on Thursday.

Some people order on Monday and have a VIN on Thursday, some people ordered in April 2021 and still do not have a VIN....
8C243BE0-DDB5-45CB-99D4-5417EA4B5AA6.jpeg

That makes sense. I ordered a Mustang GT on the same day, and the VIN arrive the next Thursday.

Good thing I keep nagging my salesman for information. I emailed him on Monday to ask where I sit in the list of their orders and if they've had any customer SD orders scheduled lately. I didn't hear anything back until today when he said that Ford needed a copy of my driver's license. Now, I distinctly remember the Finance Manager (who input my order) taking a photocopy of my DL when I first made the order, but whatever. I sent the salesman a copy of my DL right away. We'll see if it's soon enough to make any difference for tomorrow. Had I not been bugging him in the first place, I doubt he would've ever told me he needed it.

I've seen so many others on here and other forums who've had the exact same story and it makes me wonder where the real failing is. Did Ford not properly notify dealers of these changes to their retail ordering process? That seems possible considering how widespread the problem is. Or, did the dealership management receive proper notification, but failed to roll out the information to their team in an effective way? That, too, seems plausible considering there are actually some salespeople out there who seem to know what they're doing.

Hoping this is the special sauce that'll get me scheduled tomorrow.

-SR-
It got my order moving. My order was received in April. IC on Blue Oval told me I needed to submit my DL in August. I worked with my sales rep and he got it submitted. That got it moving. My truck was built last Monday and is on its way to Texas now.

Last edited:
Did anyone else know this already?

They ran that story on our local ABC news a couple weeks ago, but I didn't see it.

Turns out Ford has completely cleared out their truck purgatory. I spoke with my sales rep on the phone this afternoon and he said Ford got with Bosch and is making their own chips now (I'm not sure if he means Ford is doing it themselves - unlikely - or if they just contracted Bosch to do it).

-SR-

They ran that story on our local ABC news a couple weeks ago, but I didn't see it.

Turns out Ford has completely cleared out their truck purgatory. I spoke with my sales rep on the phone this afternoon and he said Ford got with Bosch and is making their own chips now (I'm not sure if he means Ford is doing it themselves - unlikely - or if they just contracted Bosch to do it).

-SR-

I believe it, we are down here on the border mission with Texas Army National Guard and our BN just rented a whole bunch of 2021 F250's from Enterprise, all XLT 6.7 with FX4 package. And all brand new, had delivery miles on them.

My guess is they were trucks in storage purgatory that recently received whatever modules/chips they were waiting for.

-SR-
Great share! As a BMW guy - I’ve always trusted BOSCH.

Latest Discussions

Back