FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

My order date was 8/16 and scheduled for production the week of 9/20. Checked today and it’s already in production! Hopefully Ford is catching up finally and we all get our trucks ahead of schedule
My order date was 6/14 and scheduled for 9/20 but not in production yet as far as I can tell. Yet another reason Ford's scheduling makes no damn sense.

Some people have been waiting a really long time for their orders to be picked up (assuming the spreadsheet is correct and people have been updating it). If correct it does kind of lead to the question of at what point do you push the order to a 2023 year model? I understand that some sort of a redesign is coming in 2023 which will probably be somewhat significant especially seeing as how GM is rumored to be revising the Duramax with 505hp/1,085tq being thrown around as of today. So how long will you guys wait before requesting your 22 being pushed to a 23?

Personally if I do not have a VIN by say February then I'll push to a 23. I understand that it could very well lead to another wait, but at that point I would be close enough to the 2023 model to not make sense ordering a 2022. I really hope it does not take that long, but there are guys who ordered in April still waiting on a VIN much less a build date. Crazy times, waits like this not to mention people paying MSRP or above would have been unimaginable two years ago.

Well I just checked out my Ford email. Order moved to production and got a window sticker tonight. 9/13/21 date on it.
Ordered and Ford confirmation 6/29. VIN around 8/7 with build of 9/13. On 9/3 it was pushed to 9/20. It still has spray bedliner as dealer could not remove once VIN assigned.
X Plan pricing from Gosch Ford Escondido, CA
Priority Code 19
F-250 FX4, Ultimate Lariat, sport appearance, AM Blue, Baja interior, moonroof.
Carli 3.5" backcountry and 37x13.5x18 Toyo O/C RT and Moto Metal 18x10 wheels sitting in garage to be installed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-215108_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-215108_Chrome.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Some people have been waiting a really long time for their orders to be picked up (assuming the spreadsheet is correct and people have been updating it). If correct it does kind of lead to the question of at what point do you push the order to a 2023 year model? I understand that some sort of a redesign is coming in 2023 which will probably be somewhat significant especially seeing as how GM is rumored to be revising the Duramax with 505hp/1,085tq being thrown around as of today. So how long will you guys wait before requesting your 22 being pushed to a 23?

Personally if I do not have a VIN by say February then I'll push to a 23. I understand that it could very well lead to another wait, but at that point I would be close enough to the 2023 model to not make sense ordering a 2022. I really hope it does not take that long, but there are guys who ordered in April still waiting on a VIN much less a build date. Crazy times, waits like this not to mention people paying MSRP or above would have been unimaginable two years ago.
Don't forget, even though there are folks who ordered as early as March and still haven't been schedule yet, Ford has only actually been building 22MY's for about 2 months out of 12 for this model year. They may have amassed a bunch of orders earlier this year, but they're still just getting started, pretty much. Of course, that still doesn't put much rhyme or reason to how some folks walk in, place and order, and get scheduled in less than a week while others were at the front of the ordering line when the books opened in March, but are still waiting to hear anything.

-SR-

Last edited:
More detailed pics of my XLT will be coming as soon as it stops raining here in Bama. One thing the sales guy told me yesterday, which granted, can be taken with the appropriate grain of salt because I've heard both sides, is that the Super Duty order bank for 2022's will end soon. Ford apparently has so many retail orders already, they'll have to filter in all of their fleet orders and a few stock orders in between. He said he was told after about December/January, orders will only be taken on 2023's, which will begin building in the summer of next year. I also asked him what he has heard from Ford concerning AS (for Vermonster and others with it on order) and he said basically Ford is building the KR that comes with it as standard equipment first, and whatever remaining components will be used on the trucks that picked it as an option until their parts are exhausted or all the orders are filled. Kinda disconcerting if you ask me. Like being at the end of the line waiting for cake before it's gone.
Anyway, hope some of that info helps you good people out there, although again, its nothing more than one sales guy's thoughts on what he's heard.

I need to add mine to the spreadsheet. F350/black/Plat/Trem/6.7/5th whl prep/bed liner/power steps/winch. Ordered 7/7 from Mac Haik Houston. X-plan. Original production week 9/27, updated production week 10/18 (email notice on 9/12), updated production week again 10/4 (email notice on 9/15).

Guilty. I was ordering a Tremor just when they cancelled the package for the XLT. So I was left with getting the Lariat - which I didn't want to pay for, or get the XLT and add the 2 inch lift and 35's, which I'm planning on doing. I still won't have the limited slip diff, but I can mimic that by using the brakes. This was the best way to get it quickly.
You can also get the Eaton truetrac in the front for the dana super 60

Well as of this morning the Ford Tracker show my truck has been delivered. Just sent my sales guy a text to find out what it looks like for doing all the paperwork and picking it up. From reading all the posts there seems to be 0 logic to how Ford picks which customer truck gets built and who has to wait 1/2 a year with no news. I ordered on 7/10 built 8/31 arrived Phoenix rail facility 9/11. I see me experience is much better then most of you. I didn't order AS but did have spray in bed liner. As a side note my 2017 Titan is worth more now then when I placed my order...lol

Latest Discussions

Back