Furrion Cameras

AlabamaTremor

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor
We have a new 41’ FL rig that we recently just picked up. It was a 150 mile trip from the dealer to home. 60miles of the trip was interstate and the rest, 4 lane hwy. This was my first trip pulling this thing, talk about getting broke in! I didn’t have much trouble changing lanes and driving the rig, so I’m wondering if this $600 camera is worth it. Thoughts? Pros, cons? My wife and I usually talk it out as we are backing into spaces. Thanks in advance

I used a Furrion on my first camper (TT) and IMO, it's way overpriced. Nothing special. You can get much cheaper cameras that work just as well with bigger LCD displays on Amazon (with brackets to convert from the Furrion prep mounts).

Here's the one I recently bought for our new 5th wheel (41'). Works great, screen is 3" bigger, and way cheaper.

Camera:

Bracket adapter:

Antenna for longer range (optional):

Keep in mind, these parts may or may not work for you, so do your research. :)

I used a Furrion on my first camper (TT) and IMO, it's way overpriced. Nothing special. You can get much cheaper cameras that work just as well with bigger LCD displays on Amazon (with brackets to convert from the Furrion prep mounts).

Here's the one I recently bought for our new 5th wheel (41'). Works great, screen is 3" bigger, and way cheaper.

Camera:

Bracket adapter:

Antenna for longer range (optional):

Keep in mind, these parts may or may not work for you, so do your research. :)
This is perfect, thank you! I don’t think I’ll need the bracket though. It looks like there is just a small circular black cap covering the wires that can be discarded. Looks like the camera may be able to be mounted directly.

while the furrion is certainly overpriced it at least works most of the time. For reference I tow a 35' TT, so distance from back of camper to front seat of the truck cab is around 40'ish. The furrion would occasionally cut freeze, but the knock off camera like the ones above are almost useless while traveling. While parked they look great and the large screen seems nice, but honestly the smaller 5" furion was less intrusive and held the signal better. Sometimes the new cheap one is so delayed you really don't know if that is what traffic currently is or literately 15 seconds ago! It is so unreliable at highway speeds that I don't use it while driving except maybe in town in heavy traffic to aid in tight lane changes.

I also like the field of vision better with the furrion.. Reviews on amazon disagree with me, but keep in mind most of these chineese companies will offer you free products even a free second camera if you leave a review so I'm sure the reviews are skewed.

while the furrion is certainly overpriced it at least works most of the time. For reference I tow a 35' TT, so distance from back of camper to front seat of the truck cab is around 40'ish. The furrion would occasionally cut freeze, but the knock off camera like the ones above are almost useless while traveling. While parked they look great and the large screen seems nice, but honestly the smaller 5" furion was less intrusive and held the signal better. Sometimes the new cheap one is so delayed you really don't know if that is what traffic currently is or literately 15 seconds ago! It is so unreliable at highway speeds that I don't use it while driving except maybe in town in heavy traffic to aid in tight lane changes.

I also like the field of vision better with the furrion.. Reviews on amazon disagree with me, but keep in mind most of these chineese companies will offer you free products even a free second camera if you leave a review so I'm sure the reviews are skewed.
Great points to consider! Like I said, I’ve never used any. I would really rather use it primarily while in transit.

Great points to consider! Like I said, I’ve never used any. I would really rather use it primarily while in transit.
The Amtifo camera I'm using did cut out a few times while in transit, but the company sends out 13ft antenna extensions free of charge if you need one or if your trailer is long. Great customer service.

We have a new 41’ FL rig that we recently just picked up. It was a 150 mile trip from the dealer to home. 60miles of the trip was interstate and the rest, 4 lane hwy. This was my first trip pulling this thing, talk about getting broke in! I didn’t have much trouble changing lanes and driving the rig, so I’m wondering if this $600 camera is worth it. Thoughts? Pros, cons? My wife and I usually talk it out as we are backing into spaces. Thanks in advance
I read/heard pros/cons to all versions, but went ahead and bought the Furion Vison S - 7” screen. We pull a 36’ 5th wheel, so far it’s been great - has very rarely ever “cut out”.

Yes it’s overpriced, but at the time I didn’t have the time/patience to dig into alternative options which were cheaper.

Best option - don’t know.
Cheapest - no.
Does it work - yes.

No regrets so far…

Last edited:
I’m likely going to get the Ultimate Tow Prep kit so I can use my 12” screen in my 2022. I don’t like the idea of having a second screen to see behind the trailer.
I considered this as well (less potential clutter), but decided I liked the idea of the image being available at all times without having to switch modes - especially when traveling in heavier traffic. Went with the BuiltRight dash mount, can have it and separate GPS available at all times. Both are easily removed from truck when we’re not towing/camping.

Wife and or/kids usually spot when backing, so haven’t really used it much for backing (so far).

As mentioned, pros/cons to all setups - just have to pick your poison.

I’ve got a Voyager Wireless camera system that came pre-installed on our RV. It’s nice to have and I don’t mind it.

I mounted the screen using the BuiltRight dash mount rack like mentioned above. It keeps the display in my line of sight without obstructing my view. I can still see the corner of my hood over the screen, so I call that a win/win.

Not the best picture, but you get the idea … on the left is my Apple MagSafe charger and the right is the mount for my wife’s phone. I added a USBA/USBC power port under the BuiltRight mount when I did the install so I can pull power right from there.

Attachments

• DAD6C19F-BFE6-49E8-9E12-D3DDC0C645D5.jpeg
    DAD6C19F-BFE6-49E8-9E12-D3DDC0C645D5.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The Furrion that came with my ORV works pretty well,
except when it's dirty. Wazzup with dat? I ordered the
Fordion with my truck but haven't installed it because it
would be superfluous plus it's a PITA. I'm thinking of
doing it anyway so I can have a camera like on the bottom
of the bumper but that would require a custom security
box, etc. But what else do I have to do?

Latest Discussions

Back