Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

Thanks for the input. I'm on the latest ios. I don't recall if I updated before or after performing the Sync4 updates.
Ok, final idea is rebooting your phone. I have very little hope it will fix it, but that’s all I have at this point. :(

I've noticed a few things recently, and am wondering if the Pixel 7 Pro is to blame on the hardware? Hoping the dealer will upgrade my sync from the 610 to the 934 while I have other MX squawks I'm bringing the truck in for this week (despite it not showing there is any updates available).
  • Frame rate on Android Wireless projection on Sync 4 is not smooth. Frame Rate visibly is laggy.
  • Wearing a smart watch while connected to the phone introduced instability to the wireless connection.
  • Driving by cell phone booster antennas will knock out connection; have to manually re-select Android Auto to reconnect.
    • I mentioned previously how there's on on a bridge here in FLL that always kills my connection...but there was one at the beach from AT&T that as soon as I drove by it killed the connection again.

An update on my end. After the 3 day visit where no work was done, I pushed back on Ford OTA. It got escalated within Ford OTA and an engineer was assigned. On Monday last week I was told to bring the truck back in. I brought it today. When I dropped it off the local service advisor told me it was just getting a software patch (Ford had reached out to them to tell them the plan). They said an hour or two, but we shall see. As I understand Ford OTA wrote a software patch that should allow me to get updates... we shall see.

An update on my end. After the 3 day visit where no work was done, I pushed back on Ford OTA. It got escalated within Ford OTA and an engineer was assigned. On Monday last week I was told to bring the truck back in. I brought it today. When I dropped it off the local service advisor told me it was just getting a software patch (Ford had reached out to them to tell them the plan). They said an hour or two, but we shall see. As I understand Ford OTA wrote a software patch that should allow me to get updates... we shall see.
No update yet from the dealer, but my Ford app just pinged me that Alexa and Ford Streaming are now active on my truck.

So after my update, the audio from CarPlay navigation apps (Google Maps, Apple Maps, Waze) sounds is full of static. Other audio like Spotify, Pandora, Audible, etc. is fine.

I re-paired my phone hoping this would resolve the issue but no luck.

Anyone else have this experience?
For whatever reason (thankfully), this issue has resolved itself.

• Wow
Reactions: ccw
Has anyone figured out how to enable either Ford Streaming or Alexa Built In?

The instructions for both Ford Streaming and Alexa Built In in my FordPass Message Center say "Go to your Settings > Amazon Alexa from your in vehicle dash."

I've checked the "Settings" sections of both Sync4 and the instrument cluster and see nothing related to Alexa. Any ideas?

Has anyone figured out how to enable either Ford Streaming or Alexa Built In?

The instructions for both Ford Streaming and Alexa Built In in my FordPass Message Center say "Go to your Settings > Amazon Alexa from your in vehicle dash."

I've checked the "Settings" sections of both Sync4 and the instrument cluster and see nothing related to Alexa. Any ideas?
There was an Alexa app in the Revision 6xx but it's now missing in the Revision 9xx on my truck.

Maybe I'm just now noticing this for the first time or it was a recent change in 9xx revision, but the Android Auto option is gray'd out in the "apps" page while you are moving, and can't be opened.

Long as Android Auto is already opened, that's fine. God forbid you exit Android Auto and want to reopen it, nope... can't do that. Nice logic Ford.

I've got a '22 Expedition Max XLT on rental while the Tremor is in getting worked on, Sync version below (looks like the Expedition's iteration of the 934 build for F-Series. I've noticed the same Google Maps performance (slight laggyness, image tearing/framerate drop) whilst running Android Auto on the Pixel 7 Pro.

I'm trying a new dealer this time (Pines Ford), hopefully they put 934 on while also working on the air blending door for the A/C (main issue for bringing it in); and hopefully the 934 update solves the Wireless Disconnection issues.

Wondering if anyone's got a latest/greatest Samsung and how the wireless projection's quality is? I'm going to reset my Pixel 7 Pro and see if that helps.

ALSO - PM me if someone needs the Mongoose cable and is in South Florida area, my buddy just picked it up and is open to renting it out.

1701353569765.png

I've got a '22 Expedition Max XLT on rental while the Tremor is in getting worked on, Sync version below (looks like the Expedition's iteration of the 934 build for F-Series. I've noticed the same Google Maps performance (slight laggyness, image tearing/framerate drop) whilst running Android Auto on the Pixel 7 Pro.

I'm trying a new dealer this time (Pines Ford), hopefully they put 934 on while also working on the air blending door for the A/C (main issue for bringing it in); and hopefully the 934 update solves the Wireless Disconnection issues.

Wondering if anyone's got a latest/greatest Samsung and how the wireless projection's quality is? I'm going to reset my Pixel 7 Pro and see if that helps.

ALSO - PM me if someone needs the Mongoose cable and is in South Florida area, my buddy just picked it up and is open to renting it out.

View attachment 136099
Dang it, just moved from Orlando area to Destin/FWB. Too far to drive now.

View attachment 136099
Good luck with Pines Ford, I tried 3 times and they couldn’t fix it.
They couldn’t even get me the full screen, had to go the Mongoose way.

@Mike1646 thats really unfortunate to hear - my service advisor got it knocked out at Pines this week. Now, admittedly; I was continuously getting failed Wireless Connection issues (second image below) when driving over the I95 and Davie Blvd. bridge. I have a placebo affect going on right now that the Google Maps performance is working better as of the update yesterday; however I did test out driving over the bridge again and unfortunately the update DIDNT fix it... so I'm going to try resetting my phone and see if that helps at all.

I have a client who's a wireless engineer that has a bunch of test equipment...I'm thinking of conning him into bringing his stuff with him next time he's in SoFla to do some readings on the bridge...see what signals keep knocking my sh*t out :D

1701442826429.png

1701442887845.png

I'm scheduled w my dealer for January 3rd to look into the OTA update issue and SSM51741 for the heated/cooled seats on remote start.
Mentioned that I had the FTS info and that the last OTA update my truck received was in July of 22 a few days before taking possession. Prior to mentioning, the service advisor was questioning everything I said.

Got mine done yesterday, had 2 GWM and 2 APIM updates along with a few others = BCM, TCU, and some door control stuff I think.
No limitations on updating the truck but when I tried the GT500 it let update the APIM but I had to be a certified mechanic with user name and pw to do the BCM update. Back to the dealer for that one.
Android auto. 2022 F350 with no OTA updates since i brought it home.
PXL_20231202_233122058.jpg

And done! Took a handful of calls to the OTA group at Ford before I could finally get an engineer assigned and a Ford approved fix from my local dealer. My local dealer was not willing to do any software pushes under warranty.

My official fix included a software patch written by a Ford engineer which should allow my truck to receive OTA going forward. Once that was pushed to the truck the dealer did have to do a full update of all my module manually. I did hassle them a bit at pick-up that they had told me all the software was right for months.

In the end it cost me $0, but a bunch of calls and three trips to the local dealer. Those calls got enough attention that Ford ultimately also GAVE me a 75k/5yr Premium extended warranty. So there is that win.

Back