Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

Are you receiving the updates via wifi or with the cell modem?
Not sure for mine. I have my truck connected to Wi-Fi at home and work. Also I have a ATT tower right next door at work that it could be downloading from.

New member here, long time lurker. 22 SD Lariat Tremor here sold in august of 2021. The one and only OTA update I had received was in Dec. 2021. Asked the dealer both times my truck was in for safety recalls to update my truck. Always got an excuse- they just don’t want to do it. I bought a mongoose cable and followed the directions listed here and on the f150 forums. I was able to update everything in the software updates tab on FDRS.

Only question I have is for some reason certain modules appear gray “not responding” after a network test. No codes or anything red or orange. Just green and gray status modules. Is this normal? Or do I have to click on each module individually and do something else? I thought they should all be green. I’m now on Sync 23186 revison 934. Everything is working in the truck as far as I’m aware.
EDIT: I had the ignition off during my last network test. That’s why some modules were not responding. duh. I’m all up to date and hopefully the OTA updates work now.

Last edited:
Mine has been in a few times in the last couple weeks for this. I dont think its ever OTA updated since i bought it. Its been updated at the dealer 6mo ago, but hasnt done it since. last week they tried a few times then today they tried 3x before giving up and ordering a new APIM. hopefully that fixes the problem.

Ok, I just received the update on the cell modem, no wifi connection. I was at 310 and now 934. I guess Ford did fix the updates on the 2022.
My guess is the issues had little to do with the truck and more to do with the infrastructure. Large updates would time out, the server couldn't handle multiple connections, and the sequencing of GWM updates before APIM updates was a hot mess. Everything seems to work now, though!

Back