Fuelpax Container Mounting

JMC

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Does anyone know if you can mount the Roto Pax Fuelpax in the bed of the truck without using a Built Rite panel? Could the Roto Pax mount simply replace the factory boxlink handle? I have a camper on the truck so if the fuel pod goes above the bed I think it’ll be fine.

I’m getting ready for a trip and like the idea of carrying a few extra fuel cans without sacrificing much needed bed space. With that, I’d also rather not buy the Built Rite panels if not needed. They look great, but they sure are proud of them....

I was thinking the same, mounting my rotopax in the bed somewhere for long trips. I'm sure there's a way, I don't have my truck yet to evaluate

Mounted mine here on my TC. I had a bracket that used the bottom screws of the box link for my 2018 Raptor but it broke off after a couple of months of bouncing around. It just was too much weight for the bracket.
BA4D0B2B-D48C-48AF-AA3B-85EA339D3F8B.jpeg
649965AB-6AD6-4836-8198-11E23F874C1E.jpeg

I personally do not feel comfortable carrying gasoline in any container in any form. It's highly combustible and I just won't do it other than in my vehicle gas tank. For my mowers and other lawn equipment, I go straight to the station and straight home when I fill up the gas cans. Not going to carry extra around for vehicle in any form or function. Diesel fuel is so much different and I do not have a problem with that. Maybe I am too OCD, but that's they way I feel with gasoline.

I personally do not feel comfortable carrying gasoline in any container in any form. It's highly combustible and I just won't do it other than in my vehicle gas tank. For my mowers and other lawn equipment, I go straight to the station and straight home when I fill up the gas cans. Not going to carry extra around for vehicle in any form or function. Diesel fuel is so much different and I do not have a problem with that. Maybe I am too OCD, but that's they way I feel with gasoline.
Interesting. I guess me riding motorcycles with 2+g of liquid fireball between my legs has made me more trusting of approved storage tanks.

Thanks for the input though ??

I spend a lot of time in areas where the nearest gas station could be as much as 100 miles away. When you pass a sign out here that says no services for the next 60 miles you better be carrying extra. I may even put a 50 gallon auxiliary tank in the bed. It sure beats being stranded in the desert. Also, I build fuel pipelines, gasoline is not quite as dangerous as the movies portray.

Part of my concern is how quickly those last few gallons of gas in the tank seem to disappear.

I’ll be driving through some pretty remote areas and carrying an extra 5-6 gallons will give me an extra 70-80 miles in case I’m in between stations or just make a wrong turn.

What also doesn’t help is even though I have a 34 gallon tank, I haven’t been able to fill up more than 30 gallons (gauge reads ~30 miles to empty) leaving me to believe I’ve really only got 32ish gallons in the tank when completely full.

Not to say I plan to push until I’m damn near empty before I start looking to fill up, but a few extra gallons onboard could mean the difference between making it to the next station or not.

Depending on where I’m at, I carry rotopax on my Jeep tire carrier. If I didn’t I may not make it back.

F45B300A-913A-4671-B6AD-34F3BC5F17D5.jpeg

Back