Fuel filters

armypilot

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2023 F-250 Lariat Tremor
I have my first oil change scheduled at the dealership on my 2023 Tremor. Trucks got about 10,000 miles on it and the dealer asked me if I wanted to replace the fuel filters. I thought about doing it every other oil change. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Seems to be rather expensive at the dealership.

I have my first oil change scheduled at the dealership on my 2023 Tremor. Trucks got about 10,000 miles on it and the dealer asked me if I wanted to replace the fuel filters. I thought about doing it every other oil change. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Seems to be rather expensive at the dealership.
Yes replace them every 10K and it is not hard to do yourself to save some money. There are many vids on youtube showing how to replace them both.

We all have different ways of managing maintenance schedules, I change the oil well before 10k but do the fuel filters every 15k.

I'm not suggesting this, but the manual says 30k on the fuel filters for normal use. I think it's 15k for severe duty, which is not hard to fall into. My opinion would be you are fine doing the fuel filters every other oil change.

Dealer service on those fuel filters is very expensive compared to doing it yourself, same is true of the oil change. A DIY full synthetic oil change, with Motorcraft oil filter and fuel filters can be done for under $200. That's at least half what the dealer would charge for conventional oil and fuel filter service.

Yes replace them every 10K and it is not hard to do yourself to save some money. There are many vids on youtube showing how to replace them both.
Thanks, do you know if the new high output engine that comes in the Tremors use any different filters than the standard 6.7.

Where is everyone buying their fuel filters?

Thanks, do you know if the new high output engine that comes in the Tremors use any different filters than the standard 6.7.
Of course my friend, I can't answer that question as mine is the standard 6.7 and have yet to lay my hands on the new high output engine. I am sure 15K is absolutely fine like @StrokinOut mentioned, my thoughts are keep that fuel pump as clean as possible and it really takes maybe 30 mins to change them out. Just make absolutely sure you prime the system 4-5X with each filter before you start the vehicle!

so i have my own shop, i just changed the oil yesterday with motorcraft 10w30 from advance auto, ford fuel filters, cabin air filter and air cleaner and my cost was $254.62

Ordered. Thanks. Is there a specific procedure to follow to change these? This will be the first fuel filter change.

Disregard, found a video online.

Last edited:
Autozone and Advance Auto are a couple sources too. Advance Auto almost always has discount codes that can be applied. Both are priced at $69.99 currently, before discount, and ship free.

so i have my own shop, i just changed the oil yesterday with motorcraft 10w30 from advance auto, ford fuel filters, cabin air filter and air cleaner and my cost was $254.62
The 10w30 is conventional?

The Motorcraft 10w30 diesel oil, "Super Duty formula", is straight conventional. Overpriced IMO.

I just ordered Motocraft fuel filters and 2- oil filters shipped to my door for under $100 at Advance Auto. Use promo code Spring

Just passing along the deal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 131254.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 131254.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 34
I just do it every fall. I don’t do 15k a year but I like new fuel filters going into winter.

I do my fuel filters at 15K mostly. I have done it at 10 as well just because I was doing other things. They are easy to do yourself and way cheaper than having a dealer do it. I buy filters from Docs I also use this https://www.fleeceperformance.com/f...werstroke-engine-mounted-filter-assembly.html

It solves the issue of the engine bay fuel filter cracking. I also buy the high-flow air filter, use Shell T6 Rotella oil .

I do my fuel filters at 15K mostly. I have done it at 10 as well just because I was doing other things. They are easy to do yourself and way cheaper than having a dealer do it. I buy filters from Docs I also use this https://www.fleeceperformance.com/f...werstroke-engine-mounted-filter-assembly.html

It solves the issue of the engine bay fuel filter cracking. I also buy the high-flow air filter, use Shell T6 Rotella oil .

You just throw the new upper filter in the trash?

I do and use the ones that fit the fleece system. It came with 2. I looked around for options to not buy the upper filter but in the end its cheaper to buy the kit than solo. Odd right?

OEM filters are getting cheaper the more places pick them up.
@armypilot : If you are close to Richmond or Hampton Roads we could just do it in your driveway.

Back