Here

Attachments

• 11DA3F0E-9B20-41AD-A5F0-5042426D50C7.jpeg
    11DA3F0E-9B20-41AD-A5F0-5042426D50C7.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 2288F3FD-9346-4B08-86E4-882B334F9219.jpeg
    2288F3FD-9346-4B08-86E4-882B334F9219.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 121
It’s not the holding of it that I am talking about. I have a hook on the door that you put the tether on. The cap in the picture is what my 17 diesel looked like. They changed the cap. The part where the tether attaches and is able to spin does not spin as freely as the old style. So when you go to tighten the cap it gets hung up and won’t let you tighten until you push the tether around some.

I know this is in the 6.7 forum, but you guys always like to come over to the 7.3 forum.

Just giving crap and the tether on the 7.3 cap sucks ass too. Doesn't spin freely and if the tether is in the wrong spot will keep the door from sitting flush.

Have had many F150's, couple of Rangers, Explorers, Mustang, Expedition and numerous other vehicles over the years and this has to be the worse...

If there was a cap holder to attach to the door like above, I would jump on it and cut the damn tether off.

I know this is in the 6.7 forum, but you guys always like to come over to the 7.3 forum.

Just giving crap and the tether on the 7.3 cap sucks ass too. Doesn't spin freely and if the tether is in the wrong spot will keep the door from sitting flush.

Have had many F150's, couple of Rangers, Explorers, Mustang, Expedition and numerous other vehicles over the years and this has to be the worse...

If there was a cap holder to attach to the door like above, I would jump on it and cut the damn tether off.
working on it. details will be messaged soon.

spray it with wd 40...wipe it off....fixed....that's what I did

I’m definitely interested in a cap holder as well. The factory tether is terrible. I had a 2019 F-150 with the capless port which was fantastic in every way (except when filling with gas cans). The factory cap on my tremor is extremely annoying and constantly in the way. I also have to use two hands to get the cap back on. I definitely wish the 350 had a capless option. ?

spray it with wd 40...wipe it off....fixed....that's what I did
Thanks David - Simple fix and feel like an idiot for not thinking about it. Sprayed along the outside seam where they meet and around the inside. Spun it around a few times, wiped it off and much better. Will probably have to redo on occasion, but a simple fix for now.

@kmtweb can you hook us diesel guys up?

Hi All, I have attached pictures of the cap holder. I confirmed that the diesel and gas caps are the same size, so the cap holder will work for both. These are being sold world of mouth to members of the forum. The price a holder will be $20 shipped via USPS. All I ask is that a family/friend paypal is sent to me at [email protected]. Once payment is received, I'll get the holder queued up for printing. Please also include your real name and mailing address. When it's ready to be shipped out, a USPS tracking number will be provided. I have been using one since October and it's been great. No more scars on the paint. Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• cap1.jpeg
    cap1.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 127
  • cap3.jpeg
    cap3.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 127
  • cap2.jpeg
    cap2.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 126
Hi All, I have attached pictures of the cap holder. I confirmed that the diesel and gas caps are the same size, so the cap holder will work for both. These are being sold world of mouth to members of the forum. The price a holder will be $20 shipped via USPS. All I ask is that a family/friend paypal is sent to me at [email protected]. Once payment is received, I'll get the holder queued up for printing. Please also include your real name and mailing address. When it's ready to be shipped out, a USPS tracking number will be provided. I have been using one since October and it's been great. No more scars on the paint. Thanks for your interest.
Great news I will be getting my order in tomorrow morning. How did mount it to the door?

Back