Front license plate with winch

spmpop75

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
250 lariat tremor
I live in a state that requires front and rear plates. I have the warn winch option which removes the license plate location. Does anyone have a known solution for this. Been googling but have not come across something I think will work. Very little room around the winch and it is recessed a little. Thanks,

I live in a state that requires front and rear plates. I have the warn winch option which removes the license plate location. Does anyone have a known solution for this. Been googling but have not come across something I think will work. Very little room around the winch and it is recessed a little. Thanks,
In Washington state no one really cares in my experience, we are supposed to have the front however.

In WA state we can also get an exception from the state patrol.

Last edited:
I have seen hinged license plates that flip up and down on Jeeps. Maybe try searching for that? Let us know what you find!
Those to work but if you have a rolls which are for steel cable winches not synthetic

Thanks Ed, That works on the front with factory winch?
I don't know, as I have no knowledge about the factory winch yet, but it is 1/8" metal, so it wouldn't be hard to modify.

Ed

I don't know, as I have no knowledge about the factory winch yet, but it is 1/8" metal, so it wouldn't be hard to modify.

Ed
much appreciated, going to order and find out.

I'm on Long Island NY. I ordered a 2021 Platinum Tremor and didn't get the winch because of the front license plate. I live by the saying Ride It Like You Stole It. PD in NY State pull people over for just about anything. My friends and family in Law Enforcement gave me a tiny badge with their badge #. But not worth the grief of getting pulled over and then asking if they can extend some PD curtosey. If you get something on front plate please shout back with a pick. Best of luck with your ride. What color and trim. did you get.

you could always get a magnetic plate holder and just stick it to the steel bumper to the left or right of the winch. Something like this:

You can't do that if you have the adaptive cruise control... The radar is next to the winch

You can't do that if you have the adaptive cruise control... The radar is next to the winch
i like the flip up plate holder. that should have no effect on radar. its the magnetic one that would screw things up, correct. thanks for your feedback my man.

i like the flip up plate holder. that should have no effect on radar. its the magnetic one that would screw things up, correct. thanks for your feedback my man.
Yea the flip up should be fine but don't want to put a plate in front of the radar

Back