Front Diff performance?

LVRaider

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2024 F350 KR Tremor
Has anyone compared the front diff performance yet on a set of rollers or out in the "wild" yet? I'm curious on how well the Tremor front diff works compared to the FX4 Diff trucks.

Has anyone compared the front diff performance yet on a set of rollers or out in the "wild" yet? I'm curious on how well the Tremor front diff works compared to the FX4 Diff trucks.
Would love to see that. I'm planning to devise a 3 wheel on the ground test next time I'm at my acreage to see if the grounded front tire will spin.

following

i put the front axle on jack stands and spinned the wheels and it acted like a open dif when in 4 wheel drive

i want to see a video honestly .... may need to tie to a tree

Torsen diffs act like open diffs if one side is off the ground.

Torsen diffs act like open diffs if one side is off the ground.
It's not a torsen sadly.... But I will be upgrading to one

It's not a torsen sadly.... But I will be upgrading to one
I thought Tremors were torsen as well. It's a Spicer Trak-Lok, clutch style.
I contacted East Coast Gear Supply. They have the Detroit Truetrac available for the dana super 60 35 spline in our Tremor's. I will get one to replace the clutch style stock LSD.
I have the truetrac front of my 2007 F250 6.0, its awesome, seamless and turns both front tires! The steering wheel does have a "heavy" feel.

I thought Tremors were torsen as well. It's a Spicer Trak-Lok, clutch style.
I contacted East Coast Gear Supply. They have the Detroit Truetrac available for the dana super 60 35 spline in our Tremor's. I will get one to replace the clutch style stock LSD.
I have the truetrac front of my 2007 F250 6.0, its awesome, seamless and turns both front tires! The steering wheel does have a "heavy" feel.
You’re going to replace it without even trying it?

With the recent snow we had, seat of the pants performance is definitely better with the Tremor compared to my last F250 FX4.

Trac loks are perhaps among the least aggressive of LSD's. Old ones were also the weakest. I'm going to speculate that cost/liability is what prompted Ford to use them. For folks spending more time on highway than off, LSD is the way to go over locker IMO.

That said, I wish Ford would have used a powrlok (still Spicer) or Truetrac. They are much more reliable and aggressive. The Powrlok can be set up to provide different amounts of aggressiveness to your liking. It is still a clutch unit though that requires rebuild after time (although very long lived compared to trac loc). I got over 100k miles on one. Still, Truetrac, while not as aggressive, requires no rebuild over time. Both are very strong units.

LSD‘s are for high performance road cars. In that scenario, I prefer clutch type diffs.

Off road I’ve tried open, viscous, helical, clutch and locker diffs. I’d have a locker every time.

if you want to take off fast, switch into 4wd.

Got mostly stuck in crazy slick mud...in 4 low diff locked in slippery mode the truck spun all 4 pretty evenly and we pulled out. Seems to work great - just some real world experience

Front lsd is a clutch pack style, not a torsen.
Good point; are we rock crawling or keeping it under control on ice and snow? Both desirable.

Back