Front charging tray

MiTremor906

Tremor Aficionado
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 AMB F250 7.3 Lariat
Does anyone know if you can buy just the tray under the sliding cover. Where we currently have the wireless charger? I don't ever use this and want to remove it but thought replacing with a non charger one might be easier/cleaner. Here is a picture from a 2019 that I found.

Would love if someone had a part number or link.
Screenshot_20221229_160348_YouTube.jpg

Plus only small sized phones fit.
I guess that is a sign of the time... I'm still using a Pixel 3XL which was big when it came out. It fits even with the OtterBox case.

Now the standard Pixel is the same size as mine and the "Pro" is larger so yeah, I don't think it would squeeze in there...

My phone fits, although not easily, but I just don't use this in general. Short trips my phone stays in my pocket and long trips I plug it in as the wireless doesn't seem to keep up with android auto draining the phone.

Hoping that this tray would be easy to swap over but now curious if it's actually just part of the larger center console assembly.

It should come out based on pictures from this thread where he took it out to install his radio.

My iPhone 14 Pro fits fine without the case and charges slowly but gets the job done. Those mammoth Samsungs might not fit.

I'd like to know to. My s22 ultra with otterbox case barely fits but gets insanely hot when charging.

Reactions: VB!
My iPhone 14 Pro fits fine without the case and charges slowly but gets the job done. Those mammoth Samsungs might not fit.
Same with my 13 pro. Not small by any means, but definitely not the largest (that’s what she said).

One point to think of if you swap them out, it looks Ike you’ll lose the USB-C port. I use this to charge my phone, since it charges so much quicker than the pad. I’m not sure if the standard USB charges at the same speed.

My phone fits, although not easily, but I just don't use this in general. Short trips my phone stays in my pocket and long trips I plug it in as the wireless doesn't seem to keep up with android auto draining the phone.

Hoping that this tray would be easy to swap over but now curious if it's actually just part of the larger center console assembly.
The wireless charging area is a PITA. It's placed in a very awkward location - and likely a last minute design consideration. It works with my iPhone 11 Pro, but it also tends to heat the phone up pretty well. That could be my phone, or the case I am running, though.

One point to think of if you swap them out, it looks Ike you’ll lose the USB-C port. I use this to charge my phone, since it charges so much quicker than the pad. I’m not sure if the standard USB charges at the same spspeed.
Looks like we need the cubby from a new xlt. They don't have the wireless charger. Anyone have an xlt and wanna upgrade to the wireless charger? Photo from random YouTube video:
Screenshot_20221230_105519_YouTube.jpg

Or a lariat without the ultimate package:
Screenshot_20221230_110006_YouTube.jpg

Ford definitely needs to rethink the wireless charging setup on these trucks.

The factory charger overheats my phone like crazy and its a pain to get the phone out. I did do some updates via FDRS last night and thw WAC was one of the software updates. Havent had a chance to test it yet.

I installed one of these in my boat this past summer. It works great. I’ve been thinking about ordering another one and finding a spot for it in the truck.

Scanstrut SC-CW-04E Rokk Wireless Active, Black https://a.co/d/cHXtAJe

I installed one of these in my boat this past summer. It works great. I’ve been thinking about ordering another one and finding a spot for it in the truck.

Scanstrut SC-CW-04E Rokk Wireless Active, Black https://a.co/d/cHXtAJe
But I'm trying to remove a wireless charger not install one. Kidding, for people that want wireless that is a good option. If you find a good spot share with the forum.

But I'm trying to remove a wireless charger not install one. Kidding, for people that want wireless that is a good option. If you find a good spot share with the forum.
Ahhhh, I misread the thread. Figured you just didn’t like the shit location and wanted to get rid of it as well as adding this other USB options.

Ahhhh, I misread the thread. Figured you just didn’t like the shit location and wanted to get rid of it as well as adding this other USB options.
Aww, gotcha. Sorry, I just want a bigger tray with less wasted space. I have no problem just plugging the phone in.

Aww, gotcha. Sorry, I just want a bigger tray with less wasted space. I have no problem just plugging the phone in.

Agreed on plugging it in. I prefer plugging in as well. I wish there was a better solution for running the cable from that compartment. I’ve been thinking about 3d printing a mount/holder for the spare cup holder cubby area that would house the wire and be a “dock” for the phone.

I think the location of the charging pad in our truck is intentional - away from steering and eye sight as you're driving to prevent the temptation of you grabbing or looking at it.

As opossed to other leading car brands who have it atop of the center console or alike.

I think the location of the charging pad in our truck is intentional - away from steering and eye sight as you're driving to prevent the temptation of you grabbing or looking at it.

As opossed to other leading car brands who have it atop of the center console or alike.
This very well could be. They definitely didn’t make it easy to get out of there

Good point. Never thought of that but it makes sense given how addicted to device folks are today and how insecure they become if they’re not immediately available.

Back