Front Bumper

Maineboarder87

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Ex-Army
Current Ride
Ford F250 XLT Tremor 7.3l
Hey all, I'm considering adding a Warn heavy duty bumper (Part Number 99396) on my Tremor, but the Warn's specs state it weighs a whopping 475 lbs! Not to menion the 133 lbs of winch weight.

Do you think I'll need to modify my Tremor's suspension to handle the additional weight?

If so...with what? Stiffer shocks?

Attachments

• warnbump.png
    warnbump.png
    540 KB · Views: 310
Wow, 600 lbs. That's nus. Plan on hitting a moose? :D

The one that I installed had a shipping weight of 325 including the pallet. It did lower the front end, maybe an inch or two. I do not notice it driving at all. I have the 7.3L engine. I am happy with it other than it did not accommodate the tow rings.

1589990146278.jpeg

Hey all, I'm considering adding a Warn heavy duty bumper (Part Number 99396) on my Tremor, but the Warn's specs state it weighs a whopping 475 lbs! Not to menion the 133 lbs of winch weight.

Do you think I'll need to modify my Tremor's suspension to handle the additional weight?

If so...with what? Stiffer shocks?
I recommend Sumo Springs.....will post pics of them this afternoon (installed on my Tremor in April).....Oh their in another thread (What did you do to your Tremor Today....bottom of page 15). I am gettin old!

Last edited:
I recommend Sumo Springs.....will post pics of them this afternoon (installed on my Tremor in April).....Oh their in another thread (What did you do to your Tremor Today....bottom of page 15). I am gettin old!

Thanks, I hadn't considered Sumos. I put them in the back of my old Tacoma when I added a fiberglass cap. Worked great.

Sumos ordered for the front. Thanks David.

I'm also considering these two winch mounting options. It'll save on weight but I'm a bit concerned about the "damage multiplier" that brush guards can turn into. Both the Warn and Fab Four units use the tow hook mounting points to attach to the vehicle.

Anybody with a 2107+ Super Duty with either of these mounted?

I like the way the Warn Trans4mer looks, with the exception of all the nut and bolt heads on the vertical "push bars". That looks a bit cheesy.

WarnTrans4mer.jpg

fabfour.jpg

i gave road armor bumpers serious consideration. i figure I'll wait until someone texts their way into my rear end....then, i'll have an excuse.

The lack of good front bumper choices is annoying. I'd like a pre-runner bumper like the Addictive Desert Designs one I had on my 2018 Raptor, but there's nothing out there.

I simply don't need a moose/cattle guard but something with a light hoop would be nice.

The lack of good front bumper choices is annoying. I'd like a pre-runner bumper like the Addictive Desert Designs one I had on my 2018 Raptor, but there's nothing out there.

I simply don't need a moose/cattle guard but something with a light hoop would be nice.
Yeah I went through that too. Spent hours online looking at tacky bumpers for SD. If you have a Tacoma or Colorado there are awesome choices.

Yeah I went through that too. Spent hours online looking at tacky bumpers for SD. If you have a Tacoma or Colorado there are awesome choices.

Did you settle for something? Or holding out?

I really like this one, just wish it had a light hoop:

2020-Ford-Super-Duty-bumper.jpg

Agreed, I’m leaning towards one of these but still not sure...

Attachments

• F8D03999-9E30-441A-B6C5-C495AD94E3F8.png
    F8D03999-9E30-441A-B6C5-C495AD94E3F8.png
    804.7 KB · Views: 229
  • F65A6C1B-C1B2-43CC-969E-8049B3C4CF50.png
    F65A6C1B-C1B2-43CC-969E-8049B3C4CF50.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 235
I really like this one, just wish it had a light hoop:

Wow, that's sharp looking. I started looking and replacement bumpers last night. I figure if I decide on a Tremor without the sport kit, it would be more incentive to upgrade the bumpers.

Thoughts on the Body Guard?

F143873122.png

They also have several with a winch mount: https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/17-f250-350/

^^ Looks good!

I wish there were more choices for off-road, approach minded bumpers, maybe even frame cut

I like it but that light bar makes the truck look like it has a mouth, gritting its teeth or something (stealthfighter). I guess when you're driving you won't see it anyway.

The 2nd option looks better, imho.

It's funny how the bumper upgrade costs more than even a decent set of wheels and tires...3600$ for one I spec'd out, with a spec'd rear, it may end up around 7K$. :unsure:

Back