Front bumper, ranch hand anyone?

Antimatterbluetremor

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep
Looking to add a stout bumper on the tremor. There are some big deer and elk here in Montana that seem to get hit pretty regularly. Anyone have any pics of their setup? Preferably with a winch cutout. Ranch hand makes one that looks good but is super heavy.

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps, with Tremor power
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 6.7 Blue Jean - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge 2.0
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ Inline 4.0L
Looking to add a stout bumper on the tremor. There are some big deer and elk here in Montana that seem to get hit pretty regularly. Anyone have any pics of their setup? Preferably with a winch cutout. Ranch hand makes one that looks good but is super heavy.
I would have to find it but there are a few guys with ranch hand bumpers on there tremor ... Try using the search to see if you can find it ... Will try to find it my self

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps, with Tremor power
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 6.7 Blue Jean - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge 2.0
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ Inline 4.0L

Cab62780

Founding Member
Reaction Points
I grew up 25 miles from Shiner, Tx the Ranch Hand is the best you can get no question,my dad has had the front and rear bumpers on every truck hes owned

W.TX. WOCOKS BRED

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USMC Older 8541
Current Ride
2020 VB Tremor F250

I have had Ranch Hand on alot of vehicles and always had great things to say about them. I have always wanted a TKD one out of Moore,MT but never seen them outside of Montana. I always thought TKD was geared more towards hitting animals and forcing them downward instead of up, a Ranch Hand is mostly always been straight up and down. If I lived in Montana like you do I would have to Try the TKD.

OP
A

Antimatterbluetremor

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep
Put a Ranch Hand on mine, fits well and very stout.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 42

stufarmer

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
19' F450 KR .. 20' Lincoln Continental
I've always felt Buck-stop Bumpers were the ones to envy. They're engineered with the Adaptive Cruise Control Modual and they're Crash Tested. If they're good enough for Earth Roamer Campers and as Fire Departments Brush Trucks, they'll do anything I ask of them. Made in Oregon, one at a time.

ccw

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2009 F-150 XLT
Current Ride #2
1980 Mazda RX-7
I've always felt Buck-stop Bumpers were the ones to envy. They're engineered with the Adaptive Cruise Control Modual and they're Crash Tested.
Where did you see that they're crash tested? I've dug around their site but haven't seen any reference to crash testing. Could have missed it.

That's my biggest concern with getting an aftermarket bumper: sacrificing safety in a high impact accident, and I haven't found an North American aftermarket bumper yet that advertises crash testing.

stufarmer

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
19' F450 KR .. 20' Lincoln Continental
Where did you see that they're crash tested? I've dug around their site but haven't seen any reference to crash testing. Could have missed it.

That's my biggest concern with getting an aftermarket bumper: sacrificing safety in a high impact accident, and I haven't found an North American aftermarket bumper yet that advertises crash testing.
It's been awhile, I believe it's in the part where they talking about the Bumpers engineering. One of the reasons so many State and Government agencies use them. ARB is another crash tested Bumper. It's the sole reason I used ARB on my Jeep Wranger. My biggest concern about an Aftermarket Bumper is .. how, or will it affect the Air Bag Deployment. Not so much about it's crashworthiness. Aftermarket Bumpers can sometimes do more harm than good, because they don't Absorb energy.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge