BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
Anyone install a Torsen or Truetrac front differential yet, or any actual lockers, such as ARB?

This is on my want list and not a ‘need’.

MTmudrunner

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
85 Toyota P/U
Current Ride #2
2022 Tremor!
Anyone install a Torsen or Truetrac front differential yet, or any actual lockers, such as ARB?

This is on my want list and not a ‘need’.
I've been thinking about doing a front locker, the limited slip is good but nothing like a true locker. I have had a few powerwagons over the years thy seemed to go better than my tremor but so far no complaints I really like this truck. It looks like we are going to get a few feet of snow where I hunt so I might get to try the chains out this weekend.

OP
OP
BroncoHooves

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
Can anyone recommend a part # for a true locker for our Tremor front axle? I think I'd prefer an electronic one instead of air powered, but I do have the ARB compressor already on the truck.

Explorerinil

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
First Responder
Police

What about an OX locker for your dabs 60?

OP
OP
BroncoHooves

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat

What about an OX locker for your dabs 60?
Looks like the ARB part # for the Dana 60 is also: RD167

Sccritterkiller

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'90 YJ
Can anyone recommend a part # for a true locker for our Tremor front axle? I think I'd prefer an electronic one instead of air powered, but I do have the ARB compressor already on the truck.
I have ARBs in my Jeep...drilling the pumpkin for the airline is hardest part of the job. Use a new sharp bit.

I wouldnt recommend a truetract for the front of any vechile..one you get a wheel off the ground your screwed, got start playing with the brakes ect...go with the ARB way easier to flip a switch and go.

Jackjam

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Kia
Definitely arb since you already have compressor that is one piece of the puzzle already done. They are great lockers.

OP
OP
BroncoHooves

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
Which one would be better and more reliable, an OX locker with air or electric actuator, or an ARB air locker?

Loshad

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
I’ve not been in snow yet but some gnarly sand and the Sand/Snow mode combined with some judicious use of the brakes does wonders. If you feel like you’re not getting the traction you need apply a little brake - it works wonders!

Jackjam

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Kia
i would go arb. I worked at an off-road shop through college where we installed both. They are both good lockers. I prefer arb because that’s what I used when I had selectable.
DB5FA81A-2642-4D9A-9BFE-9D843A0A616A.jpeg

MTUcrash

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 Super Duty extended cab Lariat Ultimate Blackout Tremor 6.7PSD
i would go arb. I worked at an off-road shop through college where we installed both. They are both good lockers. I prefer arb because that’s what I used when I had selectable. View attachment 103427
Yes, the ARB lockers are proven and tough. I would utilize a braided stainless steel air line going to the pumpkin to hopefully keep the airline from getting damaged. Upside is simple air actuated mechanical design. Down side is install is more in depth and requires on-board air, regulator, and solenoid valves. Another proven locker is the Eaton E locker. Plus side is it uses 12v to actuate, so install is easy with an upfitter. Downside is the actuator may fail. OX locker is also damn near bulletproof and depending on how you actuate it, can be 100% mechanical (ie-easy to fix or jurry-rig if needed).
For a truck with onboard air already, ARB is an easy pick. If no air, E locker is how I would go.

Sccritterkiller

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'90 YJ
Which one would be better and more reliable, an OX locker with air or electric actuator, or an ARB air locker?
Where is ur OBA located? You have to add the solenoid, reg, airline, switch wire to the compressor..I would go with ARB unless it's a PIA to install due to current location. If that's the case Eaton e locker.

OP
OP
BroncoHooves

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
Eaton E locker seems like it will fit the bill the best even though I have on board air. Do they immediately lock (requiring no axle movement), like the ARB locker?

MTUcrash

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 Super Duty extended cab Lariat Ultimate Blackout Tremor 6.7PSD
Eaton E locker seems like it will fit the bill the best even though I have on board air. Do they immediately lock (requiring no axle movement), like the ARB locker?
Yes, or as close to instant as possible, given the fact that all of them require a very small movement to align and engage the locking teeth together, even ARB.

OP
OP
BroncoHooves

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
Eaton E locker has now been added to my list.

OP
OP
BroncoHooves

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
If they're anything like Gore® enclosure vents, they only allow a very small amount of airflow and wouldn't be able to pass the volume of a leak created by an internal air locker leak. The front hubs are also vents inside the 'FORD' text.

TX03RUBI

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 F-350

Check out the ox locker.