Fox ATS 2.0 install

Thanks for the reply but I'm speaking of the other end and not being able to get bolt to budge
Oh my bad. Sorry I didn’t read your question more carefully. I removed the other end with a short socket wrench by hand. 🤷‍♂️

Did anyone have issues getting Bolt off the Shock to frame mount? The on on the Tie Rod end came off clean with my Impact gun but i cant get the other to budge Truck is only a week to me old 2022
I used a high torque impact. Came right off. So did the other one. I only have 4K miles on mine though.

I had to use a old CI Pipe for leverage and its all good now

Glad you got it. I always recommend people to have a breaker bar in their tool arsenal. I would couple mine with a CI pipe as well if needed. If you have the space to operate it, I find the combo way more effective than an impact tool at breaking a nut or bolt.

Glad you got it. I always recommend people to have a breaker bar in their tool arsenal. I would couple mine with a CI pipe as well if needed. If you have the space to operate it, I find the combo way more effective than an impact tool at breaking a nut or bolt.
Agreed 100%. Sometimes all the manufacturers air powered and battery powered tools are no match for a good breaker bar and pipe

Just a word of warning...

I had my bolt that attaches the damper to the frame sheer. I had to tie up the damper with string to get it home.
Poor Frank at stage 3 motorsports had to spend months sourcing me a new bolt and spacer because the spacer fell out.
(But kudos to him, he did it and at no cost to me)
Fox does not make it easy to find the spacer part number and its not in the manual.

I believe this happens because I had insufficient gap on the side with the eyelet and the shock.
I was offroad and hit a bump with the wheels fully right. (Not like hardcore offroad, just a bumpy dirt road on an angle), and I heard the bolt snap.

The instructions say to leave 1/8" gap while at full droop and the wheels turned all the way right. The way I achieved this is to jack up the truck and turn the wheel all the way right and turn the truck off. However, when you do that the wheel comes back left a fair bit so the wheels are not fully right against the stops.

I would encourage you to have someone hold the wheel fully right, truck running, with the wheels off the ground. Visually check the gap. There should be a tiny bit at that point. There is plenty on the other end.
If you don't have someone else I used something to chock the wheel to hold it full right.

My 2 cents.

Attachments

• 20211020_141318.jpg
    20211020_141318.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
So I read the instructions and the post from @async about the full droop. I see a lot didn’t get full droop when installing this with the wheels on the ground?!?! Does it matter if at full droop or not?

I'm not sure about droop vs non-droop. I just know that if you turn the wheel all the way right and turn the truck off, then the tires won't be full right, whether the wheels are on the ground or not.

Just a word of warning...

I had my bolt that attaches the damper to the frame sheer. I had to tie up the damper with string to get it home.
Poor Frank at stage 3 motorsports had to spend months sourcing me a new bolt and spacer because the spacer fell out.
(But kudos to him, he did it and at no cost to me)
Fox does not make it easy to find the spacer part number and its not in the manual.

I believe this happens because I had insufficient gap on the side with the eyelet and the shock.
I was offroad and hit a bump with the wheels fully right. (Not like hardcore offroad, just a bumpy dirt road on an angle), and I heard the bolt snap.

The instructions say to leave 1/8" gap while at full droop and the wheels turned all the way right. The way I achieved this is to jack up the truck and turn the wheel all the way right and turn the truck off. However, when you do that the wheel comes back left a fair bit so the wheels are not fully right against the stops.

I would encourage you to have someone hold the wheel fully right, truck running, with the wheels off the ground. Visually check the gap. There should be a tiny bit at that point. There is plenty on the other end.
If you don't have someone else I used something to chock the wheel to hold it full right.

My 2 cents.
I had the same happen to mine yesterday every thing was set exactly as you did
I was making a 3 point turn heard a loud pop and there was the bolt laying on the ground I also had tie it up to get home

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 57
I was making a 3 point turn heard a loud pop and there was the bolt laying on the ground I also had tie it up to get home
Quality bolts I see. How did you get the broken piece out?

Yikes. Seems like all of us who have it need to jack up the front and check the full lock steering. Scary. I checked my full lock on the ground (with my wife holding the wheel) but not lifted.

I’m still on the road won’t be home for a couple more days will probably have remove the bracket and use an ez out

Same here last week

Attachments

• 32060C1B-3077-49FE-8E22-6650F088929A.jpeg
    32060C1B-3077-49FE-8E22-6650F088929A.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 221D14CA-280E-4A48-8A55-FCC0B96B3B2A.jpeg
    221D14CA-280E-4A48-8A55-FCC0B96B3B2A.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 74
I don't think its a bolt quality issue, just that the instructions aren't very clear on how to set the gap.
There is no way that bolt could hold that weight if the gap isn't sufficient. Something has to give.

The most important thing i forgot to mention:
If your bolt breaks, FIND THE PARTS laying on the ground. especially the two spacers in the eyelet.
The blot is standard, but getting those spacers replaced is a PITA.

@scanc I was dreading the ez out and having to drill it out, but my bolt came out really easily. Maybe you'll get lucky too.

I don't think its a bolt quality issue, just that the instructions aren't very clear on how to set the gap.
There is no way that bolt could hold that weight if the gap isn't sufficient. Something has to give.

The most important thing i forgot to mention:
If your bolt breaks, FIND THE PARTS laying on the ground. especially the two spacers in the eyelet.
The blot is standard, but getting those spacers replaced is a PITA.

@scanc I was dreading the ez out and having to drill it out, but my bolt came out really easily. Maybe you'll get lucky too.
I put a warranty claim in for the Mounting hardware and the Drag Link Bracket. As you can see there Drag link bracket is definitely not long enough or when it was serviced from FOX they didnt install it correctly will let yall know what FOX says

Attachments

• IMG-3946.jpg
    IMG-3946.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-3945.jpg
    IMG-3945.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG-3944.jpg
    IMG-3944.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-3943.jpg
    IMG-3943.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-3942.jpg
    IMG-3942.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 70
Yep changed my oil today and found this. Three threads is not enough. I followed the unstill instructions to the letter. I will be calling tomorrow.
Damn! same thing. do yourself a favor and start a warranty claim here. I bought mine from Stage3 and emailed them and got nothing. I had already had a rebuild before I did install bc of Oil all over the back when I received it. here is the link

PS. I already have an account tied the old claim and new claim and they still asked me for the claim #........DUH its tied to my account

Yep changed my oil today and found this. Three threads is not enough. I followed the unstill instructions to the letter. I will be calling tomorrow.
Wow. I expected more from fox. Hopefully the carli lifts hold up. Most People spent a lot of money on those. I’ve been checking my stabilizer every day now.

Back