Fox ATS 2.0 install

It sits perfectly with the long spacer between the frame and the stabilizer. It seems like it would be possible for it to go on without it, or with only the short spacer, but the stabilizer would be at a steeper angle to the linkage, which seems...suboptimal if you have the choice. Probably worth calling Fox and clarifying. It is odd that it has two spacers and most of us are installing both.

The bolt is nothing special. Standard G8 bolt with captive washer.

351C751F-0522-4895-81E7-1EB07E669A70.jpeg
782E74D6-A900-4894-9FCA-AA329C009E0E.jpeg

Here are the “new” installation instructions. NOTE!!! “For ATS models, the stabilizer reservoir must point directly toward the ground.”
This was NOT in the original set of instructions. Attached is the pdf.

Easy install with a correct set of instructions. God speed.

Attachments

• 605-01-223_REV-B_COLOR_WEB_ONLY.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 301
Here are the “new” installation instructions. NOTE!!! “For ATS models, the stabilizer reservoir must point directly toward the ground.”
This was NOT in the original set of instructions. Attached is the pdf.

Easy install with a correct set of instructions. God speed.

Thanks for posting that! I'm hoping to find the time to get mine installed soon.

Thanks for posting that! I'm hoping to find the time to get mine installed soon.

Same here. Turns out my floor jack isn't big enough for the Tremor. I don't really want to go buy one just for this either.

Same here. Turns out my floor jack isn't big enough for the Tremor. I don't really want to go buy one just for this either.

You won't need a jack at all for this. I actually had the opposite problem. The whole time I was installing mine, I was wishing I had a creeper. It ended up being a bit of a core workout for me.

You don’t need a jack so long as you hold your wheels against the passenger side steering stops by tieing your steering wheel to the right  –  which was someone else’s genius idea in the group buy thread.

I did jack mine but I’ll do this instead next time.

ATS reservoir must be pointed down? Hmm, I wonder why. Is it for clearance or collection of fluid? Guess I need to make an adjustment. :rolleyes:
They don’t make it clear, but it somewhat implies it’s for clearance. Someone mentioned they had to do this on the diesel. On the gas there is nothing but free space around this thing. And on other vehicles it’s installed facing upward. So I’m going to leave well enough alone until Fox clarifies. Don’t feel like stripping and cleaning loctite off these garbage bolts for no reason.

I installed mine reservoir up on my diesel. No clearance issues at all, I have been running it for a few weeks like that. I had the old instructions, and it did not specify anything about the reservoir. I wonder if that is something I should change or just leave it?

I am installing this weekend and plan on installing with it upward. I just tried calling them to verify but unfortunately, they just closed at 4pm PST.

I also purchased new bolts to replace the weaker ones. They are 1/4 x 1 1/4 if you are looking for them.

Just seen this thread after having just installed it ?

Pretty much did nothing they mentioned (reservoir upright position) without the 7 degree angle they mentioned.

The instructions that came with mine seem to indicate that the mounting position only needs adjusted to fix clearance issues.

No problems with clearance and seems to work fine, not gonna bother changing it.

Last edited:
I have the diesel. Initially installed reservoir up and no clearance issues. Read a little further and found the reservoir down info. Loosen pinch bolt (3/16) hex rotate 180 deg. Tighten. Took 30 sec. No clearance issues down either. Not sure what difference it makes.

I have the diesel. Initially installed reservoir up and no clearance issues. Read a little further and found the reservoir down info. Loosen pinch bolt (3/16) hex rotate 180 deg. Tighten. Took 30 sec. No clearance issues down either. Not sure what difference it makes.
Good call, that was an easy fix.

Just got mine installed and then a saw the updated instructions posted earlier in this thread. Would have been nice. ?

it went pretty smoothly without them. I clocked the reservoir down just to be safe and used an o-ring from a tubular P-trap as my 1/8” spacer.

Currently set at 12 and I felt a noticeable difference on my quick test drive.

Back