Found the limit

oops

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
We got 11” of rain yesterday — a historic rarity here — so my son and I went out to play in the puddles and find the limits of the truck (and our buggy.) The limit was lower than expected. 😁

75106552-6FF6-467E-9E83-BD09FBD602D9.jpeg
A33B08E2-4189-4701-8A7F-263B21960EE3.jpeg
FA1125C9-E14D-445D-BB12-8D8CB4817955.jpeg

All tire related. I bet if you had some mud grapplers on that beast you'd have had it nailed! ;)

haha - now shopping for 30” mud boggers for the buggy in hopes it ever rains here again.

The surprising result of this clown show was finding that the U48 is light enough to track through clay creeks but heavy enough to throw the tremor around like a toy. 😎

Which surprised you more? Defender or Tremor??

The Tremor. I figured the Defender would get stuck where it did. I didn’t think the Tremor would immediately sink where it did.

Can’t blame the Tremor though. It has rained all day for a week and we got nearly a foot yesterday alone, so it was insanely wet and our soil seems to have no load bearing capacity in the best of conditions.

Now I know it doesn’t get better in the worst of conditions. 😂

The Tremor. I figured the Defender would get stuck where it did. I didn’t think the Tremor would immediately sink where it did.

Can’t blame the Tremor though. It has rained all day for a week and we got nearly a foot yesterday alone, so it was insanely wet and our soil seems to have no load bearing capacity in the best of conditions.

Now I know it doesn’t get better in the worst of conditions. 😂
Just think how much quicker it would have sank with the 6.7? "Phanning the phlames"

Interesting... Back in my college days the 4x4 club would host an annual mud bog competition. One year the winner was a ultra-lightweight 2WD rail buggy with a hopped up 1800cc-ish VW engine. He basically could stay on top of all the crap and propel himself forward without sinking in... probably the right combination of power, weight, tire size, and mud constituents. I think all the high dollar lifted full size p 'ups left feeling a bit sheepish after the repeated winching required to get them through the same course...

Not this exact one, but something like this:

1635184897083.png

Anyway, I am always curious to see what works and what doesn't in different conditions, sometimes the outcome is unexpected!

I will be terrified to try to put that diesel through any mud. I have a XX that I don’t even like to get in the mud. I just don’t like mud, hah. Dirt, sand and rocks for me.

Did they just both get high sided?

I will be terrified to try to put that diesel through any mud. I have a XX that I don’t even like to get in the mud. I just don’t like mud, hah. Dirt, sand and rocks for me.

I'm with ya. It's been a long time since I've seen mud. I forgot how truly awful it is.

Did they just both get high sided?

Not sure what that means.

The problem with the truck seemed to be that it was creating a wave of soil in front of it, until it was too much material to push with the traction it had. The excavator was doing the same thing but eventually would crawl over the piles it was creating.

The problem with the CanAm was that I drove it into a creek full of cow shit. 😆

In for the update on how many days it takes to wash the mud off/out of everything. :ROFLMAO:

Also: next time can you have some of these tracks on hand to try out in the mud? :D

Track-N-Go-Tracks-For-Trucks-alternate-image.jpg

Back