Found a plug in my front spring

The connector is a disposable dummy plug that is meant to be discarded by the assembly line workers. Protects the mating side of the connector during shipping from the part supplier.
This makes much more sense than my theories after discovering it lol.

I wonder if it was one employee who got in the habit of taking this off and put it in the spring. Maybe it was a couple extra steps per vehicle to discard it correctly so the spring was the easiest place within arms reach.

I own a Komatsu D51 dozer When I had it in my shop for the 2000hr service I dropped the belly pans to clean out any dirt that makes it way in and found 3 engine oil fill caps. Very odd. The oil fill isn’t that hard to get at. I can’t imagine dropping 3 in a row. We have owned it since new and have never dropped one. I gotta believe the dealer or manufacture dropped them when it was still new at their yard ??

Probably gets dropped during install and often ends up in the front spring??

I notice you also have a rubber band in there. I found a big green one under my hood this weekend while doing my first oil change.

Could be worse: could be a tool stuck in the middle of the spring requiring removal of the spring to get it out :ROFLMAO:

Local parts guy found a Snap on ratchet in the bumper area of one of his older cars he bought new.
Or a rivet inside the door skin 🙃

Its the new bluetooth adjustable springs.

First day I drove my Tremor to work, couple of my co-workers wanted a ride to lunch (of course) guy in passenger seat reached into the dash tray, above the screen and found a black, course thread, 2" screw. Not as interesting as the blue connector but "spare parts" do sometimes turn up on new vehicles.

• Wow
Reactions: ccw
Back