FORScan tricks and troubles

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
Since I have been making changes with FORScan, I have had some conflicts and some success. Thought we should have a place for problems and solutions and new discovery. The FORSCan site is way too deep and since we are a smaller community with the same year and model it may be helpful:

6.7 Lariat ----- Working good so far:

BCM 726-40-01 TPMS system Thresholds
BCM 726-41--2 Double honk disable
IPC 720-07-01 Show temps on Gauges
BCM 7260-42-01 Secure idle ( Police idle)
APIM 7D0-02-01 Sync boot animation ***
ICP 720-01-01 seat belt chime disable
APIM 7D0-01-01 radio extended play ( extend radio play after shut down)
APIM 7D0-02-01 Nav on the fly ( however I think it did something to my camera, the camera button does not work its either this change or the animation***) Also since I made this change the XM/Sirius radio goes into replay mode and its won't change stations.

Next to add:
BCM 726-39-01 power point timeout to 4 hours

Not working for me:
BCM 726-27-01 Bambi mode ( I have LED two values one for Halogen and one for LED) neither worked on mine.

Camera button is not working so I can't use the front camera or the bed camera. The back up camera still works when placed in reverse
so once I figure this conflict out will share.

In case someone screws up their As Built modules by playing with ForScan they can view or download their vehicles original As Built data directly from Ford Service. Even if you don't download the file you can view the original data and compare it to something you may have changed within ForScan.

Then select the your country and language and enter your VIN on the next screen and view the data or follow instructions for downloading.

I have set off the panic alarm a few times, just in my pocket. I switched the pulse to 2 pulses in the non-as-built files. Worked great. One press does nothing, two sets of the lights and horn.

A little thing, but solves an annoying issue.

Ed

In case someone screws up their As Built modules by playing with ForScan they can view or download their vehicles original As Built data directly from Ford Service. Even if you don't download the file you can view the original data and compare it to something you may have changed within ForScan.

Then select the your country and language and enter your VIN on the next screen and view the data or follow instructions for downloading.
That could be VERY helpful!! Thanks

Hello, I am new to all of this. And have read a lot on this forum. I just got the ELM auto switch that was recommended on this page. And downloaded the 2.3.31 forscan software. I am in a 2020 F450, and when I plug in the truck to the laptop, it says that it does not find any ELM.
Am I supposed to have bought the OBDII with that switch on the side?
And am I supposed to do something in the software before being able to use forscan?
Thank for any insight.

Hello, I am new to all of this. And have read a lot on this forum. I just got the ELM auto switch that was recommended on this page. And downloaded the 2.3.31 forscan software. I am in a 2020 F450, and when I plug in the truck to the laptop, it says that it does not find any ELM.
Am I supposed to have bought the OBDII with that switch on the side?
And am I supposed to do something in the software before being able to use forscan?
Thank for any insight.

I bought a tremor today I notice it doesn't have the front camera, but I do have the bed camera. Is it possible to add the front camera and sprayer? Should be a plug n play but I'm sure its not that simple

I bought a tremor today I notice it doesn't have the front camera, but I do have the bed camera. Is it possible to add the front camera and sprayer? Should be a plug n play but I'm sure its not that simple

Check with your dealer, I don't think it's an easy add after the fact.

Back