Forscan gone bad, maybe?

jrtrem

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-250 Platinum Tremor
Hello Everyone,

Need some forscan help/comfort from the guys that know it well. After saving all the as-built module data like it's advised to do, I attempted to go into the body control module (non as-built) where it allows you to simply select and type in the changes. I changed the TPM Front and Rear to lower the pressure for 37" Nittos, input a new tire circumference for the 37's, and disabled the double honk. When you select "write", it prompts you to turn the ignition on and off. Unfortunately after doing so, I'm now getting the wrench popping up with the "see manual" and the check engine light. The app has sent me "powertrain malfunction/reduced power", and "two malfuction indicator lamp-regulatory" messages. I have not attempted to drive it. It does start and run fine. I'm hoping it just needs to be driven to reset itself but those type of messages don't convey alot of hope in that right now. If anyone knows what going or what to do, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Can you set back to the original values?

maybe you have a wrong new value or there is a conflict. Often you need to make several value changes.

Do some more research on who's value you are using, by now there has to be several out there that work properly

Also I am old school I do one change make sure it takes then do the next

one at a time that way if there is a conflict you know which one it is right away.

I dont have personal experience w ForScan but I thought I remember reading on the ForScan thread that tire size changes cause an error.

Can you set back to the original values?

maybe you have a wrong new value or there is a conflict. Often you need to make several value changes.

Do some more research on who's value you are using, by now there has to be several out there that work properly
Appreciate that. I've been in contact with Forscan. Here is an update to help anyone that comes across this. I went back and set the circumference back to the factory number in forscan. The wrench icon did go away and the truck was driven with no issue with limp mode. The TPM change did work and the TPMS icon went off along with the double honk. The check engine light stayed on. Basically the tire circumference is a more complicated process. That change effects other modules which are the TCM and PCM. A second process has to be done in forscan called Module Initialization/Relearn Vehicle data. That is in in the Configuration and Programming section in forscan. I applied that process to both the TCM and PCM. The check engine light cleared but that is with the original 35" tire circumference. Now I need to find the courage to try that for the 37" tire circumference! That is what I've learned so far. Thanks.

Also I am old school I do one change make sure it takes then do the next

one at a time that way if there is a conflict you know which one it is right away.
I agree. I see now it is best to go one at a time in forscan. It was tire diameter change that caused all hell to break loose. See reply to other post if interested with the details.

I am a Server Admin right now.......and I can tell you for a fact, PapaRaptor is right on it. First...set everything back the way it was......get all your errors to clear.......then 1 setting at a time. Do the complete procedure all the way thru write. Then drive your truck. Then repeat for the next setting. May seem like overkill, but there are multiple computers and thousands of settings.....and it's a $80K truck with a $15K motor run by all that software and electronics. Be Methodical!

I am a Server Admin right now.......and I can tell you for a fact, PapaRaptor is right on it. First...set everything back the way it was......get all your errors to clear.......then 1 setting at a time. Do the complete procedure all the way thru write. Then drive your truck. Then repeat for the next setting. May seem like overkill, but there are multiple computers and thousands of settings.....and it's a $80K truck with a $15K motor run by all that software and electronics. Be Methodical!
Thanks for that. Well said. I was able to get everything cleared out and did get the tpms set to lower pressures and the double honk. The tire circumference is back to the stock setting. If you have any details on doing the tire circumference procedure correctly, please share. From what I understand, once you write the BCM, you have go into the TCM and PCM to initiate a “relearn” of those two modules to accept the larger circumference. But would love confirmation on that or if there is more steps involved.

I have been hesitant to mess with Forscan but there are a couple of changes I am going to make. I want Bambi mode and Nav on the fly. I haven't lowered my rear tire pressure enough to get a warning light and I am at 67 psi in the rear,,,,,,that would be the third item. Waiting for fall so i don't sweat to death when I'm working in the truck.

Setting to 37inch tires will give you a code if you search that in google.

i been using forscan for a few years but 100% you need to do one change at a time .... and there is a few changes you need to do for the tire size change but i used forscan on day 2 of ownership and had no issues changes about 30 settings or so and one at a time is the key to everything

i been using forscan for a few years but 100% you need to do one change at a time .... and there is a few changes you need to do for the tire size change but i used forscan on day 2 of ownership and had no issues changes about 30 settings or so and one at a time is the key to everything
Good to know!

Any luck changing the tire size for the 37's?

Is this the fix?

Back