Forscan for 2022

I can’t remember exactly where, but there’s a setting on virtual box to enable your USB ports with windows. I can mess with it later today to give you better info. I had the same thing happen the first time. Plugged in, nothing. Checked a setting somewhere, enabled the USB port, and worked perfectly since.
I downloaded that extension they said to use in the video to enable ports. I’ll double check that see if there was a setting on forscan or something I missed. Thanks.

I have windows 7 on my Mac but I use bootcamp so it boots directly to windows. The adapter worked right out of the box for me.

I recommened prior to avoid using VirtualBox since it is plagued with issues compared to just dualbooting (BootCamp) on an Intel mac. I have noted dropped packets with VirtualBox and the officially approved Forscan OBDLink EX wired dongle. You DO NOT want dropped packets when writing to a vehicle module.

Alternatively, Parallels for mac which is easier to setup and use and doesn't require a restart and selecting the boot volume.

1) That will work just fine - better than the one I am using!
2) Wow! $149... seems like a great deal to me and better than buying something preowned. I say Get it while it's still available!!
Picked up the computer yesterday and waiting on the cable (@drivingforward recommended) to arrive today. Then Forscan software. Hopefully I'll be set then.

I recommened prior to avoid using VirtualBox since it is plagued with issues compared to just dualbooting (BootCamp) on an Intel mac. I have noted dropped packets with VirtualBox and the officially approved Forscan OBDLink EX wired dongle. You DO NOT want dropped packets when writing to a vehicle module.

Alternatively, Parallels for mac which is easier to setup and use and doesn't require a restart and selecting the boot volume.
I tried parallels before albeit a long time ago and it always crashed. I just didn't want to do bootcamp cuz i don't want to buy windows but i guess getting windows ten for free should work the same on bootcamp and you can't get that partition back can you? How much space did you give windows? :unsure: As it is i can't get the thing to connect. went through forscan settings, packet is installed for VB I need the geek squad.

I need the geek squad....

you've got @Vecman and @Modman on it. isn’t that the same thing?🤣

Sorry @Rooster, I still have not had a chance to load up virtual box and see where that setting was. I do know it’s very specific to each port, but I also remember not having to search hard for it. Im on a flight later today. I may have a chance to look then, but I’ll try to look into it further for the next couple days. I didn’t have any of the issues Bronco mentioned, with dropping packets and such. And I wasn’t interested in buying a computer, no matter how cheap, just to use Forscan.

@Modman. I want to give a huge thanks to Modman for his help in setting up FORSCAN for my truck. I got everything together from the recommendations within this thread but still felt a bit uneasy tackling this. I reached out to @Modman for some specific questions. He responded almost immediately and provided the needed answers. That is why this a great Forum. People willing to help others. Hopefully I can do the same some day. Yep, all is set on the truck and works great. The big piece is being able to let some air out of the tires after resetting TPMS values. Huge difference in ride quality.

Hello to the Experts,

Just picked up my '22 Tremor last Friday and read thru all 32 pages over the last few days and have a couple of questions for the group.

First, tried to do the 3 chimes disable but my address is a lot different then what I have seen posted and not sure if it matters or not so I wanted to confirm first before doing anything. My address in the "AS-Built" portion is 720-01-02-220B-50A7 and what I have seen so far is 720-01-02-221B-52B9. Do I ignore everything else and just change the zero to a 2 and the 7 to a 9 in the last set of 4 numbers?

Second, How do I disable the door chimes when the key is in the ON position and the doors are open?

Thank you in advance,

Scott

Hello to the Experts,

Just picked up my '22 Tremor last Friday and read thru all 32 pages over the last few days and have a couple of questions for the group.

First, tried to do the 3 chimes disable but my address is a lot different then what I have seen posted and not sure if it matters or not so I wanted to confirm first before doing anything. My address in the "AS-Built" portion is 720-01-02-220B-50A7 and what I have seen so far is 720-01-02-221B-52B9. Do I ignore everything else and just change the zero to a 2 and the 7 to a 9 in the last set of 4 numbers?

Second, How do I disable the door chimes when the key is in the ON position and the doors are open?

Thank you in advance,

Scott
Yes, for the triple ding you have it correct, the "2" will disable that. The "9" is the checksum, you don't have to change that but if you do you won't get the error message when you write the changes to the module.

The other change can be made in the IPC Plain English module: Look for "Chimes - Vehicle running with door open" and change the setting to "Disabled."

Let me know if you have any questions!

@Modman. I want to give a huge thanks to Modman for his help in setting up FORSCAN for my truck. I got everything together from the recommendations within this thread but still felt a bit uneasy tackling this. I reached out to @Modman for some specific questions. He responded almost immediately and provided the needed answers. That is why this a great Forum. People willing to help others. Hopefully I can do the same some day. Yep, all is set on the truck and works great. The big piece is being able to let some air out of the tires after resetting TPMS values. Huge difference in ride quality.
Do you mind posting up some of the “premium content“ you received that us guys could use?

Sorry @Rooster, I still have not had a chance to load up virtual box and see where that setting was. I do know it’s very specific to each port, but I also remember not having to search hard for it. Im on a flight later today. I may have a chance to look then, but I’ll try to look into it further for the next couple days. I didn’t have any of the issues Bronco mentioned, with dropping packets and such. And I wasn’t interested in buying a computer, no matter how cheap, just to use Forscan.
I've gone to settings in forscan and tried every connection option and still says no connection, anyone else have this issue with the virtual box?

did you use the free windows 10 download with bootcamp?

Modman, Thanks for the reply and as much as I have read over the weekend I completely forgot about the last digits being the check sum values. I did also find the chimes. turned off when the key is in the ignition for both when the doors are open and when the key is simply in the ignition.

New Questions:

Is it possible to reconfigure the Sync 4 screen when listening to XM to have the direct tune function on the main screen so you don't have to go layers deep to access it?

I turned off the seat belt chimes but noticed the light still flashes on the dash and was also wondering if there is a way to turn off the blinking image as well? Not nearly as big of a nuisance as the dinging but still curious if it can be done.

Thank you, thank you,

Scott

I've gone to settings in forscan and tried every connection option and still says no connection, anyone else have this issue with the virtual box?
It’s not Forscan settings, it’s virtual box settings. Open virtual box. On the left it lists your PCs. Choose the PC you want (you probably only have one, that’s fine). Make sure it’s highlighted, but don’t boot it up. Across the top, there’s a settings icon. Click it. Now, select “ports”. On that screen, just below where you clicked ports, it says USB, click on that. That should list USB options to enable. Mine lists my Apple USB-C adapter and my OBDLink EX adapter. I clicked the boxes, saved it, and it worked fine

New Questions:

Is it possible to reconfigure the Sync 4 screen when listening to XM to have the direct tune function on the main screen so you don't have to go layers deep to access it?

I turned off the seat belt chimes but noticed the light still flashes on the dash and was also wondering if there is a way to turn off the blinking image as well? Not nearly as big of a nuisance as the dinging but still curious if it can be done.

Thank you, thank you,

Scott
I have the seat belt chimes off but the light on the dash is on when the driver does not have a seat belt on. Does not come on for passenger. I have been unable to figure out how to turn off the light - only time I'm not wearing my seat belt is in the back country rolling over rough terrain going slow in 4wd. Annoying when it is night time and the bright red light is glowing.

I have the seat belt chimes off but the light on the dash is on when the driver does not have a seat belt on. Does not come on for passenger. I have been unable to figure out how to turn off the light - only time I'm not wearing my seat belt is in the back country rolling over rough terrain going slow in 4wd. Annoying when it is night time and the bright red light is glowing.
I've seen some seat belt clickers that are just the buckle end to stop that!

Latest Discussions

Back