Forscan for 2022

You should be fine... The last two characters are a checksum and will be automatically calculated.

The correct string would be 0E50 0B25. If you go back in and look it should be listed that way now in that memory address.
Yes it is, thanks again.

I'm curious.

In the IPC module, plain english version their is a "Display Battery Voltage" option that is disabled from the factory. Has anyone enabled this? What did you end up with?

I'm wary of second order effects, so wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this before I changed the setting.

If you wanted to try it I would do it in the As-Built.

720-06-01 xx*x xxxx xx--

0 = VG disabled • AFRG disabled • BVD disabled • BVD disabled

2 = VG disabled • AFRG disabled • BVD enabled • BVD disabled

Battery Voltage is the third character even though there are two features with the same acronym in this memory location (Battery Voltage Display and Boost Vacuum Display).

Well, I hooked up for the first time to my 2022 7.3L. and made some changes in plain english mode.

I succeeded in enabling Bambi mode, and getting rid of the double honk on exiting the vehicle when running.

I was not able to get the trans and coolant temp to display digitally above the gauges. Anyone have any pointers regarding those items? The closest listings I could find in plain english were "Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge" and "Transmission Temperature Gauge". I changed both of those setting to "enabled", but nothing changed on the display so I reverted them back to the factory settings.

Any insight would be appreciated.
I am in the same boat as you. Did you receive any answers? I would like the temps displayed but I am unable to. I would also like to turn off the triple chimes in plain English on the Forscan.

@MikeM read back through the last 2 or 3 pages - the answer is in there regarding the temps. After reading through my guidance starting on page 7 (post #126) let me know if you have further questions or want me to look at your As-Built info.

I read through a bunch of this and, from the spreadsheet on the first post, i can't find much else by way of tables to adjust values in the 2022. I've never used Forescan before so I'm a bit nervous to jump in.

I want to turn off the chimes (I see this in the first post) but also adjust tire size, DTE (for 60 gallon S&B tank) and tire-pressure thresholds for TPMS lights. Anyone have any guidance?

@BLACKCHERRY I can help walk you through it. For tank volume you can change that directly in the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster):

720-03-01 xxx* **xx xx--

Example:
720-03-01 6005 0700 0097

507 hex = 1287 decimal
1287/10 = 128.7 Liters
128.7L = 34gal

Working backwards through the logic to get the correct string for 60gal. There may also need to be another change in the IPC module as well... would have to try it first and look at your existing As-Built info.

There is also a way to adjust DTE without using Forscan but I have never tried it before and you would have to go up to ~1764 for the 34gal to 60gal increase... not sure if it will allow that:

TPMS and Tire Size are in the BCM (Body Control Module). TPMS is straight forward. I changed mine in As-Built but I think others have done it on the Plain English side and had success.

I will look for the tire size/circumference - haven't done that one either but I am willing to learn!

Feel free to PM me if you want and we can start working through it piece by piece...

Ok, I found tire circumference in the As-Built BCM module. In past years that could be changed in the Plain English but some features are not correct yet for the 22MY.

EDIT: Here is the As-Built info:
726-15-01 xxxx xxxx **--
726-15-02 **xx xx--

Example:
726-15-01 C104 01AE 0AC1
726-15-02 8121 02E8

0A81 (hex) = 2689 (decimal, circumference in mm) = 33.7in diameter which is a bit off, but it seems like that is the case for other model years too...

Last edited:
Some additional information and link provided by @Vecman regarding changing tire size in Forscan:

Your new string will be:

720-07-01 8409 0A50 081E

The last two digits are the checksum. Technically you don't have to change this but you will get a "checksum" error if you don't. It will recalculate for you but some don't like seeing the error.

I am in the same boat as you. Did you receive any answers? I would like the temps displayed but I am unable to. I would also like to turn off the triple chimes in plain English on the Forscan.

This worked perfectly for mine.

If you wanted to try it I would do it in the As-Built.

720-06-01 xx*x xxxx xx--

0 = VG disabled • AFRG disabled • BVD disabled • BVD disabled

2 = VG disabled • AFRG disabled • BVD enabled • BVD disabled

Battery Voltage is the third character even though there are two features with the same acronym in this memory location (Battery Voltage Display and Boost Vacuum Display).

I might need to have a beer and give it a whirl. Was just wondering if anyone else had guinea pigged it yet. It irks me that most modern vehicles don't have a voltage gauge.

I come from a Land Rover background, and while I play with this kind of stuff on a 2012 Rover, it is somewhat easy on those vehicles to brick them. Creating an 8,000 brick in my driveway out of my new truck would create some issues with the spousal unit, so I am a bit wary of trailblazing.

I have to say though, that for cost versus features, Forscan is lights out awesome. I'm about $42.00 into it including a year license fee. To replicate this kind of functionality in the Rover community, you are looking at $500 minimum. In addition to the configuration changes made so far, I was also able to calibrate my "Intrusion Sensor Module" which was necessary after replacing my overhead console for one with upfitter switches. I'm guessing a stealership would have charged me a minimum of $150.00 in my area for that 5 minutes of work.

Thanks for all of the help.

@BLACKCHERRY I can help walk you through it. For tank volume you can change that directly in the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster):

720-03-01 xxx* **xx xx--

Example:
720-03-01 6005 0700 0097

507 hex = 1287 decimal
1287/10 = 128.7 Liters
128.7L = 34gal

Working backwards through the logic to get the correct string for 60gal. There may also need to be another change in the IPC module as well... would have to try it first and look at your existing As-Built info.

There is also a way to adjust DTE without using Forscan but I have never tried it before and you would have to go up to ~1764 for the 34gal to 60gal increase... not sure if it will allow that:

TPMS and Tire Size are in the BCM (Body Control Module). TPMS is straight forward. I changed mine in As-Built but I think others have done it on the Plain English side and had success.

I will look for the tire size/circumference - haven't done that one either but I am willing to learn!

Feel free to PM me if you want and we can start working through it piece by piece...
Thank you! Sending DM

I read through a bunch of this and, from the spreadsheet on the first post, i can't find much else by way of tables to adjust values in the 2022. I've never used Forescan before so I'm a bit nervous to jump in.

I want to turn off the chimes (I see this in the first post) but also adjust tire size, DTE (for 60 gallon S&B tank) and tire-pressure thresholds for TPMS lights. Anyone have any guidance?
I did the changes on my 22, you can change everything except the for APIM which is the 12" screen (boot animation, heated seats on screen, etc).
For tank size and TPMS the plain english is easy, just type 60 for gallons and 40 or whatever you want for the tire pressure, no need to try and figure out the hex values. You do have to get into the as built for the IPC for the second part of the tank size change. I missed that my first try and the DTE wasn't correct.
Just make sure to click that save button at the bottom of the page before you make any changes so you have a back up of the stock values on your computer.

Question to the group:

I'm a bit confused as the address shown in the spreadsheet (first post) for the "triple ding" doesn't seem to match the format of the actual As-Built data:

Disables Triple Ding at Start Up IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx xx--
My As-Built data: IPC 720-01-02 221B 90F7

Possibly this is controlled by: IPC 720-02-01 xx*x xxxx xx--
My As-Built data: IPC 720-02-01 6DD4 BC3D 1C80

This is for the "Key In Ignition Warning Chime" Moving from a "D" to a"5" would disable it. Not sure if this is the same as the triple ding...

Thoughts?? Or has someone done this in "Plain English" with success?

@ccw you have done this correct??

Question to the group:

I'm a bit confused as the address shown in the spreadsheet (first post) for the "triple ding" doesn't seem to match the format of the actual As-Built data:

Disables Triple Ding at Start Up IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx xx--
My As-Built data: IPC 720-01-02 221B 90F7

Possibly this is controlled by: IPC 720-02-01 xx*x xxxx xx--
My As-Built data: IPC 720-02-01 6DD4 BC3D 1C80

This is for the "Key In Ignition Warning Chime" Moving from a "D" to a"5" would disable it. Not sure if this is the same as the triple ding...

Thoughts?? Or has someone done this in "Plain English" with success?

@ccw you have done this correct??
Key in ignition warning chime is different, I believe.

I did successfully disable the triple ding at startup, though I forget whether I referenced the spreadsheet at the beginning of this post or another post in this thread. I was using both.

Unfortunately I don’t have my truck right now, otherwise I would run out to grab the value directly. :(

Thanks @ccw maybe there is just an extra character set in the spreadsheet and it is supposed to be:

720-01-02 xxxx x2--

In which case my As-Built would make sense and I would change the existing "0" to a "2"
720-01-02 221B 90F7

I will wait until I get confirmation from someone who has done this... I am in no hurry.

Thanks @ccw maybe there is just an extra character set in the spreadsheet and it is supposed to be:

720-01-02 xxxx x2--

In which case my As-Built would make sense and I would change the existing "0" to a "2"
720-01-02 221B 90F7

I will wait until I get confirmation from someone who has done this... I am in no hurry.
720-01-02 xxxx x2xx xx-- 720-01-02 221B 90F7

Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems like what you just said is correct? I’m not seeing where there’s an extra character in the spreadsheet, taking what you put in your previous post.

The 2 in the spreadsheet perfectly lines up with the 0 in 90F7 in your data.

The listing from the spreadsheet has (3) sets of (4) characters for that memory address:
xxxx xxxx xxxx

As-Built only has (2) sets of (4) characters:
xxxx xxxx

The 2 in the spreadsheet perfectly lines up with the 0 in 90F7 in your data.

This is true only if I remove the first set of (4) characters from the spreadsheet and assume it was an error!

Back