Forscan for 2022

Can I just clear the DTC’s and keep rolling. Wondering how bad a screwed up and how to fix?
I would clear the DTCs and go through 2 or 3 key cycles and see if any remain or come back. I think you will be fine.

Well, I hooked up for the first time to my 2022 7.3L. and made some changes in plain english mode.

I succeeded in enabling Bambi mode, and getting rid of the double honk on exiting the vehicle when running.

I was not able to get the trans and coolant temp to display digitally above the gauges. Anyone have any pointers regarding those items? The closest listings I could find in plain english were "Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge" and "Transmission Temperature Gauge". I changed both of those setting to "enabled", but nothing changed on the display so I reverted them back to the factory settings.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Well, I hooked up for the first time to my 2022 7.3L. and made some changes in plain english mode.

I succeeded in enabling Bambi mode, and getting rid of the double honk on exiting the vehicle when running.

I was not able to get the trans and coolant temp to display digitally above the gauges. Anyone have any pointers regarding those items? The closest listings I could find in plain english were "Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge" and "Transmission Temperature Gauge". I changed both of those setting to "enabled", but nothing changed on the display so I reverted them back to the factory settings.

Any insight would be appreciated.
@Avslash here is the advice I provided yesterday:

@TX Crawler Look back at page 7... Posts #124-136. Let me know if you have any questions - would be happy to assist.

@Avslash here is the advice I provided yesterday:

Thanks @Modman

So my truck is a 7.3L.

Looking at the motorcraft website you linked in the earlier post, my factory as built string is as follows:

720-07-01 8409 0AA0 086E

So am I correct in assuming that it should be changed to the following for non-turbo 7.3L, with trailer brake controller, with power running boards:

720-07-01 8409 0A50 086E

Thanks for the assist. It has been a LONG time since I had to do any hex, so I'm a bit nervous.

Your new string will be:

720-07-01 8409 0A50 081E

The last two digits are the checksum. Technically you don't have to change this but you will get a "checksum" error if you don't. It will recalculate for you but some don't like seeing the error.

How did you get the readouts above the gauges to work? I went into IPC and enabled both "Engine Temp Gauge" and Transmission Temp Guage" but thatdidn't do it....
Sorry for the late response. I've been away from my computer. I selected "IPC", went to Address 720-07-01 and changed my second instruction from '0EA0' to '0A50'. Hope that helps!

So, the only way to enable the numbers over the temp gauge is to do it as described above in the AS BUILT code and that removes the boost gauge and replaces it with the transmission temp?

I did that successfully but I could not find my boost gauge, even in the menu so I reverted back to factory and tried the plain English route but enabling “engine temp gauge” did not work.

@Joe_Lee you only want to change one character in the address (the one indicated by the *)

720-07-01 xxxx xx*x xx--

Changing to a "5" will turn the engine and trans temp digital gages on.

Edit: changing the character previous to this will have other consequences. For instance if you have an "E" and change to an "A" you will turn off the boost gauge. There are other settings too depending on what features you have on your truck. So, don't use any of the full strings I listed for others above unless they are applicable to your truck as well. Happy to give you the correct new string if you provide your As-Built data...

Hopefully this makes sense - props to @coreyms for pointing this out. After I reread my original post it was assuming features so I updated accordingly.

Last edited:
@Joe_Lee you only want to change one character in the address (the one indicated by the *)

720-07-01 xxxx xx*x xx--

Changing to a "5" will turn the engine and trans temp digital gages on. If you also change the character prior to that to an "A" you will turn the turbo boost off - this is for gas trucks, diesel should remain with an "E"
ok got it, thanks!

Has anyone enabled the ability to use the Nav while driving?

From what I gather, this is accomplished by changing the country code in APIM and it looks like the location of the memory address has changed for 22MY/Sync4.

From my vehicle:

7D0-03-01 5553 0203 038B

55 = U
53 = S

My question is - what do you change it to and are there any other effects?? I have read about the red circle around the speed limit, curious if there is anything else?

Ok I think I have it. I found an explanation I am reasonably satisfied with on the XDA forum (post#209):

It is in the first two digits of the country code. US = "5553"

55 = 01010101
57 = 01010111

That second to last bit (value of 2 in hex) turns it on or off.

So to enable the feature change "5553" to "5753" in the APIM As-Built 7D0-03-01 (for US vehicles)

Your new string will be:

720-07-01 8409 0A50 081E

The last two digits are the checksum. Technically you don't have to change this but you will get a "checksum" error if you don't. It will recalculate for you but some don't like seeing the error.
Thanks @Modman

Worked like a charm.

720-07-01 xxxx xx*x xx--

Changing to a "5" will turn the engine and trans temp digital gages on.

Edit: changing the character previous to this will have other consequences. For instance if you have an "E" and change to an "A" you will turn off the boost gauge. There are other settings too depending on what features you have on your truck. So, don't use any of the full strings I listed for others above unless they are applicable to your truck as well. Happy to give you the correct new string if you provide your As-Built data...

Hopefully this makes sense - props to @coreyms for pointing this out. After I reread my original post it was assuming features so I updated accordingly.
My as built, via the link and using my vin is:
720-07-01 8409 0EA0 0B75

720-07-01
84090EA00B75

I want to keep my boost guage but put the temp numbers over the engine temp guage.

Thank you

Last edited:
My as built, via the link and using my vin is:
720-07-01 8401 0EA0 0B6D
Your new string will be 720-07-01 8401 0E50 0B1D

It will end up looking similar to this for the temps (I stole your pic @Utah Tremor ). I can't speak to the DEF part since I do not have a diesel.

C01D8837-7566-454B-BC12-9362CB4429C2.jpeg

Your new string will be 720-07-01 8401 0E50 0B1D

It will end up looking similar to this for the temps (I stole your pic @Utah Tremor ). I can't speak to the DEF part since I do not have a diesel.

View attachment 39153
After I used the string you provided - which seems to have worked fine - I noticed I had typed in my as built data wrong in my previous reply.

The correct string from factory was:

720-07-01 8409 0EA0 0B75

Is the string you provided still correct or will I need to change it?

To clarify, I entered what you provided as:

0E50 0B1D

You should be fine... The last two characters are a checksum and will be automatically calculated.

The correct string would be 0E50 0B25. If you go back in and look it should be listed that way now in that memory address.

Back