Forscan for 2021

Where did you find the instructions on doing this? This is the first time I have herd of this and would like to give it a try.
I have found this on one of the ford truck forums as well but here is a link to a dealership which posted the instructions. It is also in the owners manual page 424 (on mine)

E6860918-FA75-4FD1-A205-52A5BB66B5A4.png
0F0F1022-DB4F-4E8E-82CA-302A0C8D5C4A.png
4D103E74-7D83-4F0B-ABCA-D33607107458.png

I could sure use one of you Florida boys that knows Forscan. I'm clueless, I have no experience or know anyone that has knowledge of Forscan. That, and I don't own a Windows based laptop. If you can tell me what to buy, and tell me where to go to have the mods done, I'd truly appreciate it.

You can also just do TPMS release procedure.
Turn on ignition
Turn hazards on and off 3 times (prosecute will initiate with a message on the dash and a honk)

let out air of the front drivers tire until honk then repeat in order clockwise. The dash will also note what position to do next.
just did this today with mine as I reprogrammed for 45psi. Works great after then reinflated the tires. FordPass also matches your programmed pressure which is nice.

This procedure is used for telling the truck where your tires are located after a tire rotation. I might be wrong, but it does not seem to have anything to do with lowering the amount of "default" pressure for the setting the TPMS warning light. (which is what was originally asked)

Ford TPMS Release

I think Forscan is our only option to lower the values on the truck.

Last edited:
This procedure is used for telling the truck where your tires are located after a tire rotation. I might be wrong, but it does not seem to have anything to do with lowering the amount of "default" pressure for the setting the TPMS warning light. (which is what was originally asked)

Ford TPMS Release

I think Forscan is our only option to lower the values on the truck.
Correct the member was stating after programming with forscan he lost all readings. Members had said to him to just drive and the values would pop back up on the dash. I was giving them another option instead of just driving around for the pressures to show back up. I never said this would change the values.
Edit:
I edited my post to state that this was just to put values back on the dash without driving and still requires forscan.

Last edited:
Correct the member was stating after programming with forscan he lost all readings. Members to him to just drive and the values would pop back up on the dash. I was giving them another option instead of just driving around for the pressures to show back up. I never said this would change the values.
Edit:
I edited my post to state that this was just to put values back on the dash without driving and still requires forscan.

Thanks for the clarification! I have always done the short drive to get mine working again.

I reset the tire pressure for my Ridge Grapplers today and as others have stated, I had to drive around for a couple of miles before all 4 tires showed up correctly on the display. The TPMS light is finally OFF! :cool:

Does the pedal monster need to be disconnected on the OBDII splitter when using forscan?

Does the pedal monster need to be disconnected on the OBDII splitter when using forscan?
I assume you have a splitter, otherwise you need the plug for your OBD connection for Forescan?

I would recommend unplugging as ForeScan will not recognize Pedal Monster in the system and it could cause data corruption when making changes.

As far as unplugging the Pedal Monster, it will have no effect on it once you are done and plug back in as shutting the truck off has the same effect on the Pedal Monster as unplugging it.

Made the following updates to my 21 F-350 Lariat. I think I hit all the big ones that I wanted. Any must haves that I'm missing?
  • Running Lights w/DRL
  • Bambi Mode (High Beams / Fogs)
  • Double Horn on Lock key fob in truck
  • DPF% on screen
  • Disable All Seatbelt Chimes
  • Auto Regen Checkbox
  • DRL Full Brightness w/Headlights
  • Global Close
  • Global Open
  • Turn Signal Flash Count (5x)
  • AddAverage Speed to Trip/Fuel Menu
  • Temps on Gauges

I may actually go back to factory settings on the DRL. Not sure I like how bright it is, and it also comes on when I manually turn on the parking lights or when I unlock the doors.

We're full time travelers for now, and I don't like lighting up the campground or BLM spots we're at when I open the doors at night.

Unless there's a way to just have the parking lights always on? @ZooDad there's a rumor going around that you know a little something about Forscan. 😀

Also, is there a way to remember the drive mode?

Other than a trailer being plugged in (Return to Tow/Haul Mode) unfortunately it is not possible at this time.

ZooDad
Gotcha. Was hoping that there was a switch since it remembers previous drive mode for a short duration.

Gotcha. Was hoping that there was a switch since it remembers previous drive mode for a short duration.
You can do it with a hardware add on. The Maverick guys have done this. It’s on my short list for another thing I want to achieve.

Back