FORScan for 2020's

Did you turn this off? I did last night and it worked, just went through every one of the modules and was looking at options. I think it was IPC.
Yes, I finally got it. you have to do the triple ding on start up or it wont work. But now I'm having issues w/ the back up camera cutting in and out. This might just be a loose connection at the tail gate.

Yes, I finally got it. you have to do the triple ding on start up or it wont work. But now I'm having issues w/ the back up camera cutting in and out. This might just be a loose connection at the tail gate.
Did you do the gauge mod adding the numbers above the gauges? There is talk that it can somehow mess up the cameras. I am doing some testing on mine now.

Did you do the gauge mod adding the numbers above the gauges? There is talk that it can somehow mess up the cameras. I am doing some testing on mine now.
No I have not done the gauge mod. The back up camera issue is intermittent. Sometime it works and sometimes it dosent

I was doing some looking at the wiring for the Tremor, while doing some other projects I will post soon. For the oil pressure gauge the 7.3 and 6.7 seem to have a sensor, not a switch like the old engines, including 6.2. I think this is because of the variable pressure oil pump. With this thinking maybe the oil pressure gauge is also variable, not just normal and low. If that is the case, is there any way to get the actual pressure above the gauge like the other mods available with FORScan?
EOP.jpg

How about the DTE (distance until empty) for the size fuel tank. ? I changed my settings with forscan but the DTE still has not changed and that was months ago. Must be something different for '20. My '15 changed instantly

I now have all the annoying chimes and honks turned off that might not be ideal during a hunting trip. FORscan V2.3.33 beta was quite easy to use. Only thing I've not figured out yet is how to backup the as built files. I see how to export the vehicle profile, but I suspect backing up or exporting the as built files will be different.

My changes so far are:

BCM:
Double honk on leaving cabin – Disabled (that one was really annoying and not ideal for hunting)
Using front fog lights w/high beams – Allowed
ICP:
Chimes driver’s seat belt minder – Disabled
Chimes passenger seat belt minder – Disabled
Chimes vehicle running with door open – Disabled (again very annoying and glad it's gone)

Probably will look to adding engine temperature above gauge, global windows close, double click for panic activate (I've already set it off in my pocket in stock configuration with 1 click), Nav in motion, and DPF% on screen (this one seams tricky).

Let me know if there are any other mods that you all have found to be must haves.

Anybody know if it's possible to add outside ambient air temperature to the instrument cluster via ForSCAN?

I use CarPlay most of the time while driving and accessing it takes too many nav steps.

I'm new to the forum and new to the Super Duty platform. I'll post an intro and let you know how I ended up here.

I backed up all of my as built files over the weekend so I can start making mods with Forscan. I was not able to backup the TCM as built module. Is this normal or should I be able to back it up? I received an error message part way through the process when it was trying to read the data. I was able to successfully back up all of the other as built files.

Let me know your thoughts. I can take a screen shot of the error message if that would be helpful.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Anyone know much about FORScan Lite. I’ve got it on my phone and use a wi-fi OBD2. Plugged it in today in an attempt to lower TPMS requirements. I was totally lost.

I changed my rear tpms to 60 and now my dash says low rear right tire and no pressures on any tires? Any ideas?

I changed my rear tpms to 60 and now my dash says low rear right tire and no pressures on any tires? Any ideas?
Go for a drive and give it 30 min. I don't know why but mine didn't work right away either.

Either that or you did something wrong!

2020 F450 platinum
1) I added the DPF % and the manual regen in forscan. But it doesnt display any sort of option or check box on the display screen. Can someone please post what theirs looks like on a 2020? To make sure mine is what it's supposed to be.

2) My other question is if anyone knows if it's possible to use the camera's while in motion? Is this an option that you can change somewhere in forscan?

Thank you!

Did anyone figure out the camera's while in motion, I am interested in that as well.

Go for a drive and give it 30 min. I don't know why but mine didn't work right away either.

Either that or you did something wrong!
If the Vehicle has been parked then the sensors aren't reporting. TPMS sensors are motion activated which is how they can last a decade even though they don't have serviceable batteries.

Has anyone lost the function of the drls and tail lights lighting up when you open the door or locking/unlocking, I was using forscan and adjusting some gauge cluster things with steering wheel controls and now the lights dont come on anymore, not sure what is going on. All help is appreciated

Anyone know much about FORScan Lite. I’ve got it on my phone and use a wi-fi OBD2. Plugged it in today in an attempt to lower TPMS requirements. I was totally lost.

wont work with the lite....i tried it with my android tablet....i had to buy a cheap windows based tablet on amazon to download the full forscan to make changes

Has anyone lost the function of the drls and tail lights lighting up when you open the door or locking/unlocking, I was using forscan and adjusting some gauge cluster things with steering wheel controls and now the lights dont come on anymore, not sure what is going on. All help is appreciated

All the lights get killed if you activate police stealth mode. I'm not sure what it takes to do that, only that it definitely can be done and would cause the 'symptoms' you're seeing.

Last edited:
All the lights get killed if you activate police stealth mode. I'm not sure what it takes to do that, only that it definitely can be done and would cause the 'symtoms' you're seeing.
I appreciate the response, I have no clue what caused it, but i ended up having to use the ab file from ford and go line by line through the bcm module and correct any lines that didnt match and that fixed it

I'm in, there is just too many good options to personalize your truck. I am a Mac guy so I will have to pick up a cheap lap top at Costco/Walmart next time. Plenty of videos on YOUTUBE too. Some are great some not so.
On FORScan.org, it mentions iOS v 7 or higher, so I guess you could use an iPad ?

On FORScan.org, it mentions iOS v 7 or higher, so I guess you could use an iPad ?
just get a cheap PC

I got a Dell notebook from Best Buy for $225.00 bucks and it works well.
I am an apple guy but it just doesn't translate very well and when you get into the codes it can be confusing, so make it as easy as possible.

How about the DTE (distance until empty) for the size fuel tank. ? I changed my settings with forscan but the DTE still has not changed and that was months ago. Must be something different for '20. My '15 changed instantly
I found this today .... I have no idea it these work .. but it seems like there are 3 changes that have to be made.

Update as of Noon -- I changed fuel size, signal flash, Bambi mode (not tested), and double honk without key. They all seem to have worked!!! Very impressed by Titan fuel tank range now ... went from 511 miles to 840 miles to empty.

Last edited:
Back