FORScan for 2020's

Love FORScan, especially for the price. I have a Ford IDS Rotunda clone that used over the years and it is pretty clunky compared to FORScan and so far I have not found anything I can't do that is needed with FORScan. This covers diagnostic, and updates. But for my 2020 so far just updated main screen to Performance, changed tire pressure light to 60, and added the temp above gauge.

New to the Forum - 1st wanted to thank all the posters for the ideas on Forscan

Here is what I have done so far

Enable Fog lights with High Beams (Bambi Mode) - BdyCM Plain English (non-asbuilt)
Tire Pressure to 60/60 - BdyCM Plain English (non-asbuilt) (probably will go down again based on other posts)
Disable 3 Chimes at Start Up - IPC As-Built 720-01-02 XXXX X2 XX
Disable Chimes Vehicle Running Door Open - IPC Plain English (non-asbuilt)
Disable Double Horn Leaving Cabin with Key while Vehicle Running - BdyCM Plain English (non-asbuilt)
Panic Alarm Activate Changed from 1 click (Pulse) to 2 Clicks (Double Click) - BdyCM Plain English (non-asbuilt)

First time to FORScan. Did some changes last week and a couple today. Happy with all!

Tremor/7.3L/Lariat/Ultimate/Sport.

Off my note sheet I'm keeping in the truck and on file the changes I have made:

04-16-2020 Backed-up all 25 as built factory files to laptop and to a flash drive in the glove box.

04-16-2020 BCM (English)
Double honk on leaving cabin – Disabled.

04-17-2020 BCM (English)
Using front fog lights w/high beams – Allowed.
TPM Placard rear 60psi (Changed noted in Ford APP. It was 60/80 and is now 60/60.)

04-17-2020 IPC Module (English)
Chimes driver’s seat belt minder – Disabled.
Chimes passenger seat belt minder – Disabled.
Chimes vehicle running with door open – Disabled.

04-17-2020 APIM (English)
Splash screen boot animation. #16 Ford Performance.

04-17-2020 IPC (As Built)
Add temp above gauges. 720-07-01 xxxx xA5x xxxx (was 8401 0AA0 0866)
Disable triple ding at start-up. 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx (was 220B 50A7)
Add average speed to trip/fuel. 720-01-01 xxxx x4xx xxxx (was 2C0F 1004 70E8)

04-17-2020 APIM (As Built)
Heated/vented seats icon on home screen. 7D0 01-01 xxxx xxxx x2xx (was AA0A 0103 0091)
Nav in motion (texts too). 7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xxxx (was 5553 0103 F47A)

04-17-2020 SCCM (As Built)
Change turn signal flash count to 5. 724-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx (forgot to take a picture)

04-17-2020 BCM (As built)
DRL full brightness w/headlights. 726-42-01 x2x2 xxxx xxxx (was 0303 0404 0583)

04-23-2020 BCM (English)
Panic activate (Double Click). (Was Pulse Click.)

04-23-2020 Global windows close (takes 4 actions)
BCM (English) Global windows close (Remote).
DDM (English) Global windows close (Enabled). (Driver’s window.)
IPC (English) Global windows close (Enabled).
*This added a check box option in settings/advanced settings/vehicle/windows for closing them.
PDM (English) Global windows close (Enabled). (Passenger’s window.)

Today's changes on windows closing was me being brave and going out on my own. All the others I have found on forums/files as good for 2020 trucks. I first tried the 2017-19 as built files with no luck/getting not compatible errors, etc then went from there. For a bit only the passengers window would go up then once I got to the DDM (English) both windows would go up. Had me spooked for a bit. lol I just hit up (English) files that the 2017-19 notes said change as built files and found stuff about the windows and selected and moved on. I did see some stuff about rear windows but didn't mess with those to see what happens.

These worked for my gas truck. "Most" should work on a Diesel. Except maybe the temp above gauges. I think it is a different code due to boost gauge. All of my notes are specific to my truck/build and what worked for me.

Tom

Last edited:
Tom, That is a great job! One thing I like on my changes that I don't see on yours, is enabling police mode. It allows you to run into a store with no double honk, and nobody can take your truck since the fob is not in the car. I am going to make some more changes on mine to make it more like what you have done.

Ed

I looked into that. That was the first thing on my list once I felt brave enough to plug into the truck. To be able to jump out of the truck with it running and not fear of it being stolen! Before I messed with anything in FORScan for the first time I tested it out. I started the truck and took my key fob to the rear bumper. Got back in and couldn't shift it into gear plus a message on the screen saying no fob found type of dealio. On my truck that feature is activated already and nothing has to be done (whatever it is called that takes care of this feature).

Under BCM (AsBuilt) secure idle 726-64-01 is enabled (x1xx xxxx xxxx) That must be what takes care of the not shifting into gear w/o the fob present. I keep seeing posts about police mode, etc and I have no idea what that is/does... I just know my truck will not shift into gear w/o the fob w/o me doing/changing anything from the factory.

This
04-16-2020 BCM (English)

Took care of the double honk for me.

Tom

Last edited:
Love the temp above the gauges. Fog lights on high beam and DRL always bright rock also!

Tremor_148.jpg

Tremor_150.jpg

This one... Just to be different.

Tremor_149.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
On the windows up it is a one click procedure. Just click and hold lock until they start to move unlike windows down that requires 2 clicks to get the windows to go down.

Added promt under advanced settings that gets added:

Tremor_151.jpg

Tom

Is there a code option yet for the open door chime? The chiming with no key in the ignition makes no sense to me. I’ve done other changes w/ the program, but this one bothers me the most. thanks!

Stephen

Is there a code option yet for the open door chime? The chiming with no key in the ignition makes no sense to me. I’ve done other changes w/ the program, but this one bothers me the most. thanks!

Stephen
BCM (English)

Takes care of ignition on or running and you step away with fob in pocket.

IPC Module (English)

Takes care of most Chimes.

Other than that can't think of anything else. With the ignition off there's no chime I can think off. I don't use a key though so maybe vehicles that need a key there's a chime that I don't have.

Last edited:
BCM (English)

Takes care of ignition on or running and you step away with fob in pocket.

IPC Module (English)

Takes care of most Chimes.

Other than that can't think of anything else. With the ignition off there's no chime I can think off. I don't use a key though so maybe vehicles that need a key there's a chime that I don't have.
Yes, I have the key. Weather the key is in or out the chime is present w/ the door open.

Thats good work Tom I set mine to the "Raptor splash" screen but after doing so my camera button does not work
what code did you use for the the Ford Performance. I need to go back and get my cameras going again.
I didn't use any codes. Just the plain english files under APIM.

Do you have a diesel and added the IPC codes for DPF on screen? I read elsewhere this change is picky and one can get a camera error if the wrong codes are used.

I didn't use any codes. Just the plain english files under APIM.

Do you have a diesel and added the IPC codes for DPF on screen? I read elsewhere this change is picky and one can get a camera error if the wrong codes are used.
thanks I have the diesel and did not change the code for the DPF so I have 3 reasons for the camera not working
1). warranty issue?
2). splash screen code for the Raptor ( Forsacn)
3). Nav on the fly ( from Forscaon)
So I need to reverse the two forscan codes and see if it works then its a trip to the dealership.

My wife is working from home and took over my Laptop with the FORScan so have to wait for her to log out

thanks,

My box camera only works 25% of the time. (Before any FORScan mods) Need to get it replaced. Brother in laws 2020 platinum had same problem and that was the fix. Read many others have camera issues too. But that is individual cameras not all of them like you have.

My box camera only works 25% of the time. (Before any FORScan mods) Need to get it replaced. Brother in laws 2020 platinum had same problem and that was the fix. Read many others have camera issues too. But that is individual cameras not all of them like you have.
My back up camera works and if you go from reverse to drive you can push the camera button on the dash it will show the front camera. ( Back up camera has a split screen with the top view and either the front or rear depending on you direction of travel). However since making the change on Forscan either the nav on the fly or the Raptor Splash screen the camera button does not work so there is no box camera or the split 3 screen. coincidence or did I mess it up? I plan to go in and change my tires from 60/65 down to the 40/45 next time I am in too before my trial expires and I have to start that process all over

That does sound like a change effected it. My issue is purely hardware. Known before any mods.

Same here. Bed camera on the Tremor I bought and the one I test drove were both bad and worked maybe one out of 10 times. Dealer told me they had 6 F-250s with bad bed cameras and the bed cameras are on back order. They must have had a bad supplier and poor QC on that camera. I won't be using my truck with a fifth wheel or goose neck trailer, it is just the principal that a truck at this price point should have everything working IMO.

Same here. Bed camera on the Tremor I bought and the one I test drove were both bad and worked maybe one out of 10 times. Dealer told me they had 6 F-250s with bad bed cameras and the bed cameras are on back order. They must have had a bad supplier and poor QC on that camera. I won't be using my truck with a fifth wheel or goose neck trailer, it is just the principal that a truck at this price point should have everything working IMO.
some time maybe this fall will get it back for some warranty on the cameras. I can live without but the bed camera would have been cool with the 5th wheel

You can mark another one down for bad bed camera. Tried it out for the first time last night out of boredom waiting in a long drive through line at Taco Bell - wife "needed" chicken tacos and so did everyone else. I look for reasons to drive this thing as often as possible and chicken tacos at a T-bell across town because it had a higher Yelp rating than all the others closer fit the bill.

Stephen
Did you turn this off? I did last night and it worked, just went through every one of the modules and was looking at options. I think it was IPC.

Back