FORScan for 2020's

Is there anyone in the San Antonio area that has Forscan and is able to change the setting i would like done so I can also learn how to do it myself one day. I an willing to pay you for your time and help.

Also what is the best Forscan module to buy?

Looking at the Forscan on Amazon its 33.00 and they ask you for 10.99 for a 3 year plan is this for a subscription to Forscan or do you need a subscription to use this?

Last edited:
What is the set up power windows up and down?
You need to go on the forscan web site and spend some time. there so so many tricks. Just do one at a time make sure it "takes" You can print out the codes and highlight the ones you like so do not work or have conflicts, then you just go back and set the value to the stock number.

You need to go on the forscan web site and spend some time. there so so many tricks. Just do one at a time make sure it "takes" You can print out the codes and highlight the ones you like so do not work or have conflicts, then you just go back and set the value to the stock number.
Thank you sir for your help.

Is there a way with Forscan to have your front camera turn on when you shift into drive until you get to a set speed?

Thank you sir for your help.

Is there a way with Forscan to have your front camera turn on when you shift into drive until you get to a set speed?
Sadly I have not checked with the Covid my wife works from home and I am all Apple products. I bought a cheap Dell lap top from Best Buy for the forscan and she has hijacked it for her work ever since. There is so much more I want to do.

Sadly I have not checked with the Covid my wife works from home and I am all Apple products. I bought a cheap Dell lap top from Best Buy for the forscan and she has hijacked it for her work ever since. There is so much more I want to do.
there isnt a setting yet to change this ... i wish there was

@MTTremor I don't believe you can do it in Forscan yet but several companies offer a hardwired option. I added a link to one of them.

I am in an all Apple house. I watched a you tube video about how to Install windows on my Mac. It was very easy (even I did it lol). I did not but a Microsoft key code, I guess like using Forscan for trial. I have the windows Forscan version and the OBDLink EX. I’m off to give it a shot.

Hey all, I've been able to make some changes to the new truck. Although I can't get the IPC model to read. Had the same issue in our 2015 150, used an older version of forscan to read the model out. For those that are able to read out IPC, what version of Forscan are you using? Thx,

Hey Guys, What do columns D, E & F represent within the forscan spreadsheet? Below is a screenshot.

1606674841048.png

Hey Guys, What do columns D, E & F represent within the forscan spreadsheet? Below is a screenshot.

View attachment 10220

When you go into Forscan and into each section, you will see boxes with 4 number/letters. In the exact order, change the red number/letters listed into the section and save your change.

When you go into Forscan and into each section, you will see boxes with 4 number/letters. In the exact order, change the red number/letters listed into the section and save your change.
Thanks!

I have gotten the OBD Link Ex adapter cable and installed drivers for it
Installed the FORScan software
I have downloaded the spreadsheet
I have downloaded the As-Built file from motorcraftservice.com with my VIN
I have read through this thread

I don't understand the connection between all of these things and I want to get clarification before I plug anything to the truck.

I see screenshots of options that can be changed in the FORScan application. So what is the spreadsheet for and how is it used?

What is the As-Built file for and how is it used?

BdyCM, As-Built and Non-As-Built options. I am totally lost here. It sounds like changes to As-Built options are harder?

Will this make more sense if I quit worrying and just plug into the truck and look at it through the FORScan software?

Thank you!

I don't understand the connection between all of these things and I want to get clarification before I plug anything to the truck.

I see screenshots of options that can be changed in the FORScan application. So what is the spreadsheet for and how is it used?

BdyCM, As-Built and Non-As-Built options. I am totally lost here. It sounds like changes to As-Built options are harder?

Will this make more sense if I quit worrying and just plug into the truck and look at it through the FORScan software?

Thank you!
I’ve never played around with the “as built”. But have done coding on our 2015 f150 and on the 2020 F250. I keep a log of what I change in each module, that way if I find issues I can go back and change it. I’ve never heard or had issues plugging it in and ready out the codes. What are you looking to change?

I was unable to modify the As Built stuff - not much lined up so I passed on it for now.

I did turn off honk twice on walk away with key, turned on police mode, Bambi mode, set rear TPMS to 60psi, changed my Sync 3 start screen to Ford Performance, and added average speed display.

I couldn't find the triple ding at start settings, and wasn't sure on Allow NAV input while driving.

Admittedly, I am a GM / HP Tuners guy and FORScan is new to me, but what I could do was easy to find/modify.

Ed
What’s police mode? Thx.

Thank you!

Above are a couple of links that will help if you haven't seem them yet. To answer your questions:

As Built is programing for your truck in each specific module. Non As Built are plain english changes you can make in each specific module such as changing tire pressure settings. The spreadsheet has changes that folks have provided to change specific items such as setting Bambi mode which keeps your fog lights on with high beams. You change the highlighted (red) value in the specific string you are trying to change. There is information in the thread on which items can be changed in plain english and which need to be programmed in the As Built module.

The downloaded As Built file from Ford is a back-up you can use to return to the original values if you didn't document your changes well. I always record the original value before I make a change.

Go slow, make one change at a time and document what you changed.

This information is exactly what I needed to understand how to do this! Thank you! :D(y)

Above are a couple of links that will help if you haven't seem them yet. To answer your questions:

As Built is programing for your truck in each specific module. Non As Built are plain english changes you can make in each specific module such as changing tire pressure settings. The spreadsheet has changes that folks have provided to change specific items such as setting Bambi mode which keeps your fog lights on with high beams. You change the highlighted (red) value in the specific string you are trying to change. There is information in the thread on which items can be changed in plain english and which need to be programmed in the As Built module.

The downloaded As Built file from Ford is a back-up you can use to return to the original values if you didn't document your changes well. I always record the original value before I make a change.

Go slow, make one change at a time and document what you changed.

This information is exactly what I needed to understand how to do this! Thank you! :D(y)

There are also videos that walk you through the process on youtube that might help. The key is to use the spreadsheet to document the changes you make so you can change back if you want. I actually wrote in the original settings on the sheets so I knew what to change them back to if I decided the change did not work for me. I also would tend to do one change and save it and check it out before doing the next one. I was nervous that if a problem occurred I would not know which one (potentially) did it. BTW I did not run into any problems. The only changes I really did and love are the Bambi mode, fuel tank size, and turn signal flash count. I installed a Titan fuel tank.

Funny story and admission of my own mistakes: Originally I made about 10 changes. When I left the truck it honked at me and the running lights would not shut off when I locked the truck. I panicked and set everything back, but the problem persisted and I thought I was screwed. I took a minute (and you probably guessed it) and looked at my light switch which I had left on ... I laughed at myself and then went back and set up the three items mentioned above.

Last edited:
Back