FORScan for 2020's

Skinny

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Coast Guard
Current Ride
WRX
Has anyone here tried to modify anything on their new 2020 with FORScan yet? I am very interested and have been looking at other boards for this also. Tweaking the parameters to override some of the NANNY functions make for a much better Owner experience. I have the new OBDLink EX on order and set to arrive next week. There have been a few reports of different parameters between the 2019 to 2020. Any help in this area will be appreciated by all. It's a delicate operation and has the potential for unwanted results, so be careful.

** Update **

2020-2021 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

** Popular Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
My OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adaper will be here tomorrow night. I only have a couple of things I want to do at first, but am also hearing there are a number of differences from the 17-19 BCM and the 2020's. I want to start with turning on Bambi mode, change my rear TPMS pressure to 65, add secure idle and disable double horn honk on walk away. I will see what it all looks like when the adapter gets here and update. I did download the As Built file for my vin from Ford, and it looks different than what I see for the 17-19's

Ed

Yes, I have modified many small things with FORScan. Some of the BCM mods will not be in the "as built" files. They will be in the non-asbuilt file easily changeable in a drop down box. The 2020's have 2 BCM's.

So here is what I've been able to do so far with Forscan using 2017+ Super Duty spreadsheet:
AS Built Modules
IPC
1) 720-07-01 = Display temps above gauges
2) 720-01-01 = Disable all seat belt chimes
3) 720-01-02 = Disable triple ding at startup
4) 720-07-02 = Add DPF Filter % to screen

SCCM
1) 724-01-01 = Turn Signal flash count to 5

NOT AS Built Modules
IPC
1) Disable door ajar chime

BdyCM
1) Fog light usage for DRL
2) Using Fog lights with High Beams (Bambi Mode)
3) TPMS placard lowered to 65psi rear

I know its not much yet, but I only do one change at a time to make sure nothing else gets out of whack. There are a number of AS Built features for our 2020 that don't line up with the spreadsheet.

Also, I am really happy with the Tremor so far. I even got a thumbs up from a Ram guy the other day! hahaha

Last edited:
That's about all I've done. Except I added the police idle. Also of note: I noticed in the BCM non as built they have a tire circumference for tire size. If you try to change the as built file for 37" tires your dash will light up like a Christmas tree. You'll also need version 2.3.30 for the re-learn process.

So here is what I've been able to do so far with Forscan using 2017+ Super Duty spreadsheet:
AS Built Modules
IPC
1) 720-07-01 = Display temps above gauges
2) 720-01-01 = Disable all seat belt chimes
3) 720-01-02 = Disable triple ding at startup
4) 720-07-02 = Add DPF Filter % to screen

SCCM
1) 724-01-01 = Turn Signal flash count to 5

NOT AS Built Modules
IPC
1) Disable door ajar chime

BdyCM
1) Fog light usage for DRL
2) Using Fog lights with High Beams (Bambi Mode)
3) TPMS placard lowered to 65psi rear
I was unable to modify the As Built stuff - not much lined up so I passed on it for now.

I did turn off honk twice on walk away with key, turned on police mode, Bambi mode, set rear TPMS to 60psi, changed my Sync 3 start screen to Ford Performance, and added average speed display.

I couldn't find the triple ding at start settings, and wasn't sure on Allow NAV input while driving.

Admittedly, I am a GM / HP Tuners guy and FORScan is new to me, but what I could do was easy to find/modify.

Ed

Last edited:
I'm interested to try some of this, What do I need and how hard is it? I am technology challenged in a very big way( like get my grandkids to do stuff for me). I think I would use it but not sure if I'm capable?

Is it a laptop and cord with downloaded charts??

gosh that double honk thing drives me nuts. I like bullitt am nervous about doing things like this but to turn that thing off I might have to look into it further.

I'm interested to try some of this, What do I need and how hard is it? I am technology challenged in a very big way( like get my grandkids to do stuff for me). I think I would use it but not sure if I'm capable?

Is it a laptop and cord with downloaded charts??

Heres a link explaining what it is: https://forscan.org/home.html

Heres a link to the spreadsheet for Superduty's : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qf2gYgkhmsX-dnFO3Ki0nYUvr7aeLKsHsA0WxhDns1s/edit#gid=0 (some of these work and some don't for 2020's)

***This was written by another user (Epic cowlick) on another fourm. I take no credit for his hard work:

Three steps for downloading, installing and activating the FORScan software:

1. Register on the Forum: FORScan forum ? User Control Panel ? Register
2. Download and install FORScan for Windows. Must be run on a Microsoft Windows PC or tablet that has Bluetooth connectivity. This can be run on an Apple computer if run in Bootcamp mode. Copy the Hardware ID (found in FORScan software under the steering wheel with a question mark icon). Download FORScan
3. Generate the Extended License (free) using the previously copied Hardware ID. FORScan forum ? Login

At this point you are registered on the forum and your copy of the FORScan software is activated.

Connecting FORScan to the truck:

The FORScan software connects to the truck's computer modules via a Bluetooth OBDII connector. There are many connectors available and some work properly and others don't. The following is proven to work in all cases. Search "OBDLink MX Bluetooth" on Amazon. OBDLink MX Bluetooth

The final step is to plug in the adapter into the truck's OBDII port and select the OBDII adapter in the FORScan software under Settings (the gear icon) and the Connection tab. Once selected, press the Vehicle Interface and Information icon (the auto with the exclamation point) button and FORScan will begin scanning all available modules. Wait until complete and you're ready to go.

Warpath gave great info! It's really easier than setting up your email on a mobile phone. No kidding.

I might have to do a demo of how easy it is. It's not scary at all for the things in the "non-as built" sections. When FORScan connects, it shows you what you can change, and it is super easy.

The things you may want to change in the "As-Built" areas are a bit more scary because you are changing random numbers, but I am sure as FORScan maps out the 2020's, it will be as easy.

Ed

Warpath gave you great info and links. It is good to be cautious when we start to reprogram things. I will only change one at a time. I document everything on paper as well as backing up each module before I change it. Seems overkill, but I am not in a hurry. So far it has been great!
I have my fog lights set as DRL. Don’t need to burn my halogen bulb headlights out. Thanks Forscan!
Can’t wait to upgrade to LED, these halogen lights just do not compare.

I'm in, there is just too many good options to personalize your truck. I am a Mac guy so I will have to pick up a cheap lap top at Costco/Walmart next time. Plenty of videos on YOUTUBE too. Some are great some not so.

Is there anyone here who is also a FTE member that would be willing to start a 2020+ FORScan spreadsheet? The FTE FORScan spreadsheet has over 90 codes shown for 2017. It is my understanding that many of the 2017+ codes do not work for the 2020 models.

Was running errands today and got sick and tired of the triple ding on startup.

Went in and changed the As Built 720-01-02 and eliminated that with the change to xxxx x2xx. :)

Ed

Last edited:
I turned on the field to enable "Tilt Mirrors in Reverse" in the non-as-built area, but I am unable to figure out how to get them to tilt. I have tried a number of things I found on the FTE site to program them, but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone with experience with this?

Ed

Was running errands today and got sick and tired of the triple ding on startup.

Went in and changed the As Built 720-01-02 and eliminated that with the change to xxxx x2xx. :)

Ed
I just did this, it turned the 3 dings off when the ignition is on. TY. I was looking at the 2017+ Superduty list however and it shows that this is for the seat belts and the ignition chime and shows this: xx0x xxxx xxxx . Where did you get your info from? I want to do the seat belt chimes, and the double beep when you get of truck but if the #'s don't line up it makes me nervous. Thanks!

I just did this, it turned the 3 dings off when the ignition is on. TY. I was looking at the 2017+ Superduty list however and it shows that this is for the seat belts and the ignition chime and shows this: xx0x xxxx xxxx . Where did you get your info from? I want to do the seat belt chimes, and the double beep when you get of truck but if the #'s don't line up it makes me nervous. Thanks!
All of that is in the non asbuilt files. Below the asbuilt files. It is in plain English and very easy to change. You will see other settings you can change in there as well.

That's about all I've done. Except I added the police idle. Also of note: I noticed in the BCM non as built they have a tire circumference for tire size. If you try to change the as built file for 37" tires your dash will light up like a Christmas tree. You'll also need version 2.3.30 for the re-learn process.
Whats police idle do?

And for those curious as Warpath was saying - here is a screenshot of the NON-AS-BUILT section. As you can see its as simple as highlighting what you want to change - clicking the option you want - hitting the check - hitting the write button.

Attachments

• forscan.jpg
    forscan.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,149

Latest Discussions

Back