FORScan for 2020's

Has anyone messed with this yet? any way to activate all 4 windows and sunroof with it ?

enabling global window open/close

I’m looking to educate myself with FORScan and purchase the OBD adapter. So far on here I’ve seen the OBDLink EX and OBDLink MX Bluetooth mentioned. Are there advantages or disadvantages of the Bluetooth vs non Bluetooth?

I’m looking to educate myself with FORScan and purchase the OBD adapter. So far on here I’ve seen the OBDLink EX and OBDLink MX Bluetooth mentioned. Are there advantages or disadvantages of the Bluetooth vs non Bluetooth?
right behind you brother, got a cheap Pc lap top and the adapter so its time to play

I’m wondering which is ‘better’ myself or if there is any advantage one way or the other myself. I’m a classic car guy and my daily was an 03 Explorer XLT so technology in the vehicle is all new to me. Sad for a retired IT guy. ?‍♂️

And for those curious as Warpath was saying - here is a screenshot of the NON-AS-BUILT section. As you can see its as simple as highlighting what you want to change - clicking the option you want - hitting the check - hitting the write button.
I can’t get into the IPC module.
I’ll have to try again.
I got into the BdyCM one and made a bunch of change though. ??

Chimes Driver Belt Minder = IPC (plain English)

I still can't get into the IPC module
Does anyone have any ideas?
I have a wifi Veepeak and just ordered and tried out a Veepeak OBDCheck MS to see if it would make any difference....and it didn't.
What am i doing wrong?

I went to go buy an OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter today and they seem to be sold out ?. I also went to buy 9mm ammo on my usual online store and it was also sold out. ?

I just ordered one
I guess we’ll see if that’s the issue

I also went to buy 9mm ammo on my usual online store and it was also sold out. ?

I just checked, and all my SHTF ammo is sold out too. I am not as low on ammo as toilet paper, but I'm not too worried on either one. :cool:

Ed

Does anyone know somebody that has FORScan within 200 miles of Knoxville that will make some adjustments to my truck?

Since I placed myself under "self quarantine" this is on my to do list. I have the adaptor and laptop, just need to dip in. I will start with the easy stuff then chime in. My progress will be slow, I migrate around my property with different projects thru out the day and don't spend tons of hours doing any one particular thing. I am most interested in the heated steering wheel switch on the display, " Bambi" model, police idle, adding values to the gauges lower rear tire pressure monitor, and some adjustments to the chimes. FYI on the ammo front we have a saying................ buy it cheap and stack it deep. ?

Since I placed myself under "self quarantine" this is on my to do list. I have the adaptor and laptop, just need to dip in. I will start with the easy stuff then chime in. My progress will be slow, I migrate around my property with different projects thru out the day and don't spend tons of hours doing any one particular thing. I am most interested in the heated steering wheel switch on the display, " Bambi" model, police idle, adding values to the gauges lower rear tire pressure monitor, and some adjustments to the chimes. FYI on the ammo front we have a saying................ buy it cheap and stack it deep. ?
If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help the best that I can. It's really easy once you get in there. I do get the reservation at first.

From a friend on FTE. They also have some great videos explaining the how to’s

Does anyone know somebody that has FORScan within 200 miles of Knoxville that will make some adjustments to my truck?
What part of Knoxville do you live? I am from there, but currently I live in Memphis (the butthole of TN.) My adapter should be in the mail today and I still have to pick up a cheap Microsoft laptop. I'm still nervous about making changes, but I always say "When in doubt, throttle it out". lol

What part of Knoxville do you live? I am from there, but currently I live in Memphis (the butthole of TN.) My adapter should be in the mail today and I still have to pick up a cheap Microsoft laptop. I'm still nervous about making changes, but I always say "When in doubt, throttle it out". lol
I am in the Maryville area. I ordered my adapter today as well. I'm not sure if I have the technical savvy to do this but I will give it shot.

I am in the Maryville area. I ordered my adapter today as well. I'm not sure if I have the technical savvy to do this but I will give it shot.

You can do it for most of what you want to do, with a "click the box" skill-set only. Some things you have to change random numbers, but most of what I wanted to do, it was in plain English. Click the box, select the option, click write, done.

Don't be scared. I know I was, but I looked at everything for a hour or so before I felt comfortable to try something (disable seatbelt chimes) and it worked. Then I was off to the races and have changed a ton of stuff with no issues.

Ed

You can do it for most of what you want to do, with a "click the box" skill-set only. Some things you have to change random numbers, but most of what I wanted to do, it was in plain English. Click the box, select the option, click write, done.

Don't be scared. I know I was, but I looked at everything for a hour or so before I felt comfortable to try something (disable seatbelt chimes) and it worked. Then I was off to the races and have changed a ton of stuff with no issues.

Ed

Ed
Thanks Ed. Which version of FORScan did you use? I have not downloaded anything yet.

80688FA8-F52F-4AC6-BE00-19DF94C54F1A.jpeg

Back