DEAL FordTremor.com November 2022 Group Buy!

Will the Sulastic Shackles change the rear height? I wouldn't mind if it drop a little but I sure don't want it any higher in the back.
They're not supposed to. Their site says somewhere that they may initially raise the rear but the product will settle in right at factory height +/- 1/4"
They do sell a lowering kit that can be paired with some of their kits tho.

Found the mention in their FAQ.

1669138086666.png

1669138116373.png

They're not supposed to. Their site says somewhere that they may initially raise the rear but the product will settle in right at factory height +/- 1/4"
They do sell a lowering kit that can be paired with some of their kits tho.

Found the mention in their FAQ.

View attachment 104874
View attachment 104875
I read some of their reviews, its a mixed bag, I will pass.

@sulastic Thanks for the reply. However, for further clarification - Tremors are all 1 ton 350s, and the 3/4 ton 250 Tremors are only legally derated on the door sticker. Since the 250s have the extra springs and bigger axle of the 350, should we use the shackles for the 350s if we want to keep the actual GVWR (not the stickered 250 rating)? Using the shackle for the 250 would assume the actual 250 Curb and GVWR and potentially lower the rear height...if I'm reading this correctly?

I think I know the answer but hearing it from you guys would probably help a few people here.

1669214881513.png

@sulastic Thanks for the reply. However, for further clarification - Tremors are all 1 ton 350s, and the 3/4 ton 250 Tremors are only legally derated on the door sticker. Since the 250s have the extra springs and bigger axle of the 350, should we use the shackles for the 350s if we want to keep the actual GVWR (not the stickered 250 rating)? Using the shackle for the 250 would assume the actual 250 Curb and GVWR and potentially lower the rear height...if I'm reading this correctly?

I think I know the answer but hearing it from you guys would probably help a few people here.

View attachment 104989
Based on that tremors are F-350 stickered as F-250 then the model is the SA-06HDF, but going deeper between the sulastic models and truck capabilities both models work well on the Superduties Tremor's package and only the preference would be if you want your truck sits level, higher or lower in the 1/4" range. Level or lower would be the SA-06F, and level or higher would be the SA-06HDF. If you want to have the exact level, best ride quality, better vehicle control, and a long-lasting model on heavy load conditions then the model is the SAJ-03F.

Last edited:
Why would I want these? Haven’t heard a convincing opinion.

Why would I want these? Haven’t heard a convincing opinion.
The main purpose of the Sulastic shackle is to provide a smoother, more comfortable ride mainly when the truck is empty while not affecting the truck's capabilities made with rubber which is one of the best and most used materials for vibration and shock absorption in all industries, it is designed to be a bolt-on product. Fishtailing effect is reduced, vibration over washboards is reduced dramatically, and big bumps won't disappear but for sure the impact on the back is reduced as well, sulastic keeps the tires on road better than just the leaf spring suspension, reducing the braking distance and making the truck safer while keeping the tires on the road over different road conditions. Here is a link to an article made by Joe Burnside published in 8 lug magazine using triaxial accelerometers installed on the frame and the cabin of a Dodge and a Chevy truck https://www.sulastic.com/images/uploaded/Pdf/8Lug.pdf

@sulastic Thanks for that reply on 250 vs 350 Tremors.
Do you have any additional info on the SAJ-03F? The page for them on your site is all broken links when you scroll to the bottom. The comparison videos in particular helped a great deal in understanding just how the basic Sulastic shackles work. I'm curious as to the advantages of the adjustable version over the others.

interested

If this was such a great idea, all the oems would be doing it from the factory. Just doing a quick search shows many failures on superduty and other trucks. Seems the rubber degrades and tears letting the shackle flop.

all the oems would be doing it from the factory.
Due to cost is my guess why Ford does not put them on.

Hence why many of us upgrade our suspension, tires, exhaust, CAI, etc.

@sulastic Thanks for that reply on 250 vs 350 Tremors.
Do you have any additional info on the SAJ-03F? The page for them on your site is all broken links when you scroll to the bottom. The comparison videos in particular helped a great deal in understanding just how the basic Sulastic shackles work. I'm curious as to the advantages of the adjustable version over the others.
The webpage is updated with some more information and included a video of how the SAJ-03F works
On the other hand, I found a video from a customer showing the adjustable sulastic model SAJ-03 (For Chassis-Cab) over a washboard road with nearly 20,000 lbs of truck, camper, and cargo at up to 40 mph..
. Both models are made from the same structure design and hope it can give you an idea of how sulastic adjustable models can handle heavy loads.

Will a set of these purchased for a '21 F-250 Tremor work on a '23 F-250 Tremor?

How difficult are these to install? Can I do it in my driveway with basic tools?

Bump. Need some more people!

Will a set of these purchased for a '21 F-250 Tremor work on a '23 F-250 Tremor?
I don’t think you can get any definitive answers about 23MY yet. Until they’re in people’s hands, who knows what all was changed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they work without issue. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if some little thing changed that makes them not work.

How difficult are these to install? Can I do it in my driveway with basic tools?
The minimum required is a flat surface where to perform the installation. Wheel chocks, Jack stands (from my experience Minimum 23 inches) enough to support safe the vehicle from the frame and have the rear of the truck lifted off the ground 2 inches, a floor jack to lift and lower the axle from the differential while removing the OEM shackle and installing the Sulastic shackle, wrenches, sockets, and ratchet (On my records I have the following 15/16" and 24mm for the shackle, 21mm and 18mm for the shock absorber, 15mm socket if it is the damper installed on your truck), torque meter up to 200Lbft, 3/8" Hex key, masking tape, tape measure, pin punch (smaller than 5/8") to hold the sulastic shackle while inserting the leaf spring bolt, a pry bar to move the sulastic bushing away from the frame while installing the metal washers . Here is a link to the installation guide of the SA-06F and also there is a tab on the SA-06F landing page with some Installation FAQs about this model. https://www.sulastic.com/images/uploaded/Images/2020_SA_Sulastic_Installation_web_Horizontal_R1.pdf

Back