DEAL FordTremor.com November 2021 Group Buy!

modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
tremor-nov21-group-buy.png

The FordTremor.com November 2021 Group Buy is now live! This month we've teamed up with Ultra Bright Lightz to bring you a group buy on the Z-Flash BCM Plugin Flasher for the Ford SuperDuty! This kit retails for $289.99. FordTremor.com members will receive a special one time use 12% coupon code along with Free Shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states! Orders will ship out mid to late January. We need to get a minimum of 20 people in order to get this discount. If this is something you would be interested in, reply to this thread with "SIGN ME UP". I'll leave this thread open for 10 days and close the thread on November 22nd.

The all-new Z-Flash BCM for Ford is the easiest way to flash your factory lights. Simply connect into your vehicle's BCM port and connect to the Z-Flash box. The Z-Flash can work as a plug and play system with the switch, or you can hardwire it to your controller or switch. The Z-Flash BCM plugs directly into the BCM of select Ford vehicles and flashes the vehicle's front & rear turn signals, mirror turn signal lights, cargo light, 3rd brake light and reverse lights. The Z-Flash BCM Plug and Play Flasher for Ford will not damage your vehicle and can easily be removed at any time.

What's Included:​

• (1) Z-Flash BCM Plug and Play Flasher
  • Installation Wiring Harnesses
  • (1) Pre-Connected Switch Harness

Tech Specs:​

• Includes Pre-Connected Switch
    • On/Off
    • Momentary
  • Pre-Built Flash Patterns
  • When activated, the Z-Flash BCM Plug and Play Flasher for Ford vehicles can flash:
    • Front & Rear Turn Signals
    • Mirror Turn Signals
    • Cargo Light
    • 3rd Brake Light
    • Brake Lights
    • Reverse Lights
For additional information visit: https://ultrabrightlightz.com/produ...-flasher-for-ford?rq=yr_2021~mk_ford~md_f-250

Big thanks to @legmar for setting this up! 👊 🍻 Be sure to check out his video of this mod below:

Last edited:
The FordTremor.com November 2021 Group Buy is now live! This month we've teamed up with Ultra Bright Lightz to bring you a group buy on the Z-Flash BCM Plugin Flasher for the Ford SuperDuty! This kit retails for $289.99. FordTremor.com members will receive a special one time use 12% coupon code along with Free Shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states! Orders will ship out mid to late January. We need to get a minimum of 20 people in order to get this discount. If this is something you would be interested in, reply to this thread with "SIGN ME UP". I'll leave this thread open for 10 days and close the thread on November 22nd.

The all-new Z-Flash BCM for Ford is the easiest way to flash your factory lights. Simply connect into your vehicle's BCM port and connect to the Z-Flash box. The Z-Flash can work as a plug and play system with the switch, or you can hardwire it to your controller or switch. The Z-Flash BCM plugs directly into the BCM of select Ford vehicles and flashes the vehicle's front & rear turn signals, mirror turn signal lights, cargo light, 3rd brake light and reverse lights. The Z-Flash BCM Plug and Play Flasher for Ford will not damage your vehicle and can easily be removed at any time.

• On/Off
    • Momentary
  • When activated, the Z-Flash BCM Plug and Play Flasher for Ford vehicles can flash:
    • Mirror Turn Signals
    • Cargo Light
    • 3rd Brake Light
    • Brake Lights
    • Reverse Lights
For additional information visit: https://ultrabrightlightz.com/produ...-flasher-for-ford?rq=yr_2021~mk_ford~md_f-250

Big thanks to @legmar for setting this up! 👊 🍻 Be sure to check out his video of this mod below:
Sign me up

• On/Off
    • Momentary
    • Mirror Turn Signals
    • Cargo Light
    • 3rd Brake Light
    • Brake Lights
    • Reverse Lights

After watching the install video, I'm unclear on how these are turned on and off. Can they be wired to an upfitter switch?

Last edited:
Add me to the list.
Thanks!

• On/Off
    • Momentary
    • Mirror Turn Signals
    • Cargo Light
    • 3rd Brake Light
    • Brake Lights
    • Reverse Lights

Sign me up

After watching the install video, I'm unclear on how theses are turned on and off. Can they be wired to an upfitter switch?

It comes with an on/off switch:

flash-button.png

I'm not sure about the upfitter switch, maybe someone else can chime in that?

Probably illegal in Commiefornia. I heard that Sacramento is
thinking of making white vehicles illegal.
I wanted to read the thread before asking the same question. I wonder if such setup is legal where i am in new jersey or i would get ticketed if a cop saw me flash my lights like that. is such setup not reserved for emergency type vehicles?

I wanted to read the thread before asking the same question. I wonder if such setup is legal where i am in new jersey or i would get ticketed if a cop saw me flash my lights like that. is such setup not reserved for emergency type vehicles?
I would imagine it’s quite possible for several states to have laws against flashing lights if you are not some kind of first responder. That being said, it’s only factory lights, so nobody would know you have them unless you use them. If you only use them in a situation where they add safety to what’s happening I doubt any cop would harass you much.

It comes with an on/off switch:

View attachment 38972

I'm not sure about the upfitter switch, maybe someone else can chime in that?
The kit supports both the upfitter switches as well as the standalone button. I decided to use the button because it was so simple. But the kit has another set of wires that plug into the module on one end and can then be soldered to pass through wires on the other. Of course you then have to connect your pass through wires to an upfitter connection in the engine bay.

Sincere question - what is the value or point of this?
Hey, good question. A couple things come to my mind…
1) honestly, it’s fun. A cool party trick when standing around with guys talking about trucks.
2) safety - I’ve flipped them on before in traffic to pull a literal shop vac out of a busy road. I also flipped them on another time to pick up a couch cushion that flew off a trailer in front of me. And finally I used them to move a dead buck out of the road. (No joke)
3) lastly, I pulled an SUV out of the ditch in Utah on the side of the highway. Luckily I had the local sheriff’s department alongside me to flash their lights and direct traffic. However, i would have been very glad to have had the lights back then if the sheriffs had not been nearby since I was in the middle of the highway while performing the recovery.

Yes, most states do have specific regulations regarding the display of vehicle lights on public roadways/highways. I can’t speak for states other than sunny CA (and no longer officially for them) but I would imagine they are somewhat similar.
For instance, colors OTHER THAN the OEM white and amber facing forward, and red and amber facing rearward with white being allowed for reverse only.
So that means no other colors are to be displayed (Illuminated) while operating on a public roadway/highway. Of course, emergency vehicles are exempt. Some states do allow off-duty and/or volunteers that are responding to a reported incident as first responders.
The vehicle code also covers the trendy rock lighting and the undercarriage lighting that some owners have installed that illuminate the fender wells/tires and the ground underneath and around the vehicle. All of which are illegal while on the roadways.
The flashing feature is also covered under the VC. Obviously, turn signals are allowed but their use is regulated. So traveling on the highway with the flashing lights including the turn signals but without attempting to make a lane change or actual turn is a violation. Same with lighting that does not have an OEM flashing mode (Reverse, headlamps, taillamps,clearance lights, etc..

The letter of the law is very specific. The spirit of the law is subject to the interpretation of the officer at the scene. If an LEO observes a Vehicle displaying flashing lights while just driving on the highway, or attempting to influence other drivers to get out of his way, you can pretty much expect to be stopped and depending on your statements to him, could result in a warning, a citation, or even a “have fun out there buddy!” rsponse. Yeah, right!🤪
On the other hand, if you are operating a Pilot Car during a job, no problem. But they also have their own VC rules to follow.

And finally, if you are stopped at the scene of a crash or a disabled vehicle and you feel that the extra flashing lights above and beyond the OEM Emergency Flashers would make it safer for all involved, (as long as they are not distracting and/or blinding to oncoming traffic) then the spirit of the law kicks in and you should be fine. But as you know, there are LEO’s out there that eat, breathe and crap the Letter of the law! So keep that in mind.

And never forget one final very important piece of information.
Flashing lights can attract drunk drivers like flies on shit!
Sadly, way too many LEO’s, tow truck operators and other responders lose their lives every year doing the jobs they were trained for. Please don’t try and be a hero in a risky situation. Call 911 and be the best piece of first hand information that the dispatcher could ask for! 😉

*** Fog and Driving lights are covered under a different section of the VC, which covers their use, location, color and brightness. And yes, in CA, off-road lighting needs to be covered while not being used and on a public roadway/highway.

The kit supports both the upfitter switches as well as the standalone button. I decided to use the button because it was so simple. But the kit has another set of wires that plug into the module on one end and can then be soldered to pass through wires on the other. Of course you then have to connect your pass through wires to an upfitter connection in the engine bay.
Great info! I’ll probably use their button. I already have some non-conflicting Wicked flashers/strip lights taking up two switches. I only have two left and I’m still not done adding more upgrades, so I might want to keep those open for now.

Great info! I’ll probably use their button. I already have some non-conflicting Wicked flashers/strip lights taking up two switches. I only have two left and I’m still not done adding more upgrades, so I might want to keep those open for now.
Happy to help. Btw I totally agree with your advice about only doing what you have been trained to do. One thing we often tell local volunteers is to at a minimum get first aid and CPR trained along with some kind of Stop the Bleed 🩸 class. These skills can help keep people alive until professionals arrive on scene.

And always, situational awareness in any emergency is the most important factor.

Back