DEAL FordTremor.com May 2024 Group Buy! 🏗️

Great! Yes, everyone should have received tracking by now. If not, reach out and I can send it to you directly.

Everyones email's were added to the work order at time of placement, so tracking updates should be flowing your way!

UPDATED 06/07 5PM PST
  • If you are currently listed as "SHIPPED" below, you should have received live tracking. If you have not, please shoot me a DM.
  • If you are currently listed as "ORDER PROCESSING" below, you should expect to receive live tracking within the next 24 hrs.
  • If you are currently listed as "INVOICED" below, please consider submitting payment as this deal will not extend into the weekend, and supplies are limited.

Product Listed:

Product Listed:

- @AKDV - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED
- @Mtbhikernv - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED
- @AppStateDDS - - - ACS Tonneau -- SHIPPED

- @BroncOh - - - ACS Roof Platform -- INVOICED
- @In Production - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED
- @speeddev - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED
- @mrmag00 - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED

- @Cuervo - - - ACS Roof Platform -- ORDER PROCESSING

Last edited:
I should have jumped in on this but didn’t know how much graduation for my kid was gonna run me. So here I am, he decided no party. 🤬

Have you told him he and his friends can party on top of your cab!! 😆
Negative he needs to worry about getting a job more than a party anyways

Look what just fell off the UPS truck. This thing is beefy.
IMG_0390.jpeg
IMG_0391.jpeg

Modman thanks for setting the group buy up. Garrett thanks for all the help with my questions and getting it all together for us.

Yeah, thank you guys! I got the platform all built, just waiting on any tips, tricks, or things to avoid before I start tampering with my waterproof roof!

Looking forward to the install pictures and stories for sure!
Yes! Guys make sure to tag me @gmoon. Really excited to start to see these on more Tremors!

Yeah, thank you guys! I got the platform all built, just waiting on any tips, tricks, or things to avoid before I start tampering with my waterproof roof!
I am currently in my garage getting measurements for your guys on how / where to cut the OEM plastic trim. Trying to make something I wish I had when I did my install. But as the #3 truck in the states with the rack, there was nothing I could do.

If there are any additional promos on this I am in the market

Hey guys,

Here are some dimensions to help aid you in the trimming of your OEM roof plastics. I hope this helps get some of you started. While it wont be an installation video, I am going to film another small clip to help you get your footing when starting this.

As mentioned previously, we recommend ordering a tube of SIKA 221 or a couple small tubes of RTV silicone. This will help you reinstall the back portion of your plastic trim (where it meets the rear class) and will also help with where the rack feet meet the sheetmetal. Sika is a great german sealant/adhevise and is used a ton in the aftermarket space.

CUTOUT DIRECTIONS:

You dont need to cut much of the plastic out in order to get the feet to fit. We recommend cutting approx 1/2" from the OUTSIDE edge of the plastic. There is reinforcement built into the plastic, so we used a set of dykes to make the initial cuts based on the measurements in the PDF below, and then used a sharp boxcutter to get from one incision to another. We heated our blade up to help cut faster.

All measurements below are from what we are referring to as the "REAR INDENTATION." This is the small notch in the back of the trim piece, before it starts to slope down towards the rear window. SEE PICTURE BELOW. WHEN MEASURING FROM REAR INDENTATION, MAKE SURE YOUR TAPE MEASURE IS TOUCHING THE EDGE TOWARDS THE BACK.
--

If you're seeing this in the future and didn't order a Leitner Roof Rack during this Tremor Forum Group Buy, hit us up and we get get one coming your way. You can check out this product and more on our website:
https://shop.waypointvehicles.com/

1718213086877.png

1718212728081.png

Attachments

• WAYPOINT_LEITNER_SUPER_DUTY_MEASUREMENTS.pdf
    670 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If anyone is like me, I can’t wait on stuff I bought to put on the truck. Huge shout out
I don't think you can go from the front since the trim slots into a tab there and you need probably ½" of slack to get it off. What you can do however is work the trim back onto the rivet at the rear using a pick and a little patience. That plus a some silicone sealant should keep it in place. FYI, if you want to reinstall the moulding, you'll have to trim it around the rack supports, which isn't too difficult.

Something they don't mention in the instructions is that there's a bead of painted-over glue/sealant under the moulding that presents a few problems. First is that the sealant covers the existing bolts and washers, which makes it a little difficult to remove them. Each bolt is fastened to a blind nut which I found out isn't all that well attached, and since the washers and bolts are glued/sealed/painted down, you can easily pop that nut off the back when trying to undo the bolt. So once you've gotten the bolt a little loose, try to pry the washer loose and then keep some tension on it as you unscrew the bolt until it breaks completely free. Hope that makes sense. I lost one of the nuts on mine before I learned to be careful, and then didn't have anything to screw the new bolt into, so I'm one short.

And the second issue is that the sealant doesn't give a solid, flat base for the mounts to sit. So I cut out the sealant under each mount so that they had a nice flat surface sit on. Then I added a new bead of silicone under and around each mount, and of course at each bolt and washer, before bolting them in place. I also sealed around the moulding at each mount after I reinstalled it, mainly just to keep gunk from getting into the gaps there.
Huge shout out to overland, I couldn’t wait and did my install. I trimmed the molding to fit around the brackets and also did rtv around every edge I could, minus the plastic trim. I added beads of permatex rtv to bolts that stayed in place at the front and rear of each trim piece so they’ll stay in place.

With a sunroof, you’ll have some interference with the windscreen that pops up. I tried to line it up with a groove in the front of the frame. There’s also a fair amount of whistling with it open, I’m not sure if it’s avoidable.

Just go slowly and think through every step before you do it, and it can all be done with one person. I also had to trim some of the factory sealant to get the brackets to sit flat, then I backfilled all the removed factory sealant with rtv.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to reach out, definitely some improv here. Also, invest in ratcheting crescent wrenches, huge time saver for the tight spots.

Attachments

• IMG_3023.jpeg
    IMG_3023.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3032.jpeg
    IMG_3032.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3031.jpeg
    IMG_3031.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3033.jpeg
    IMG_3033.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3019.jpeg
    IMG_3019.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 21
If you have an oscillating saw, that is highly recommended to trimming the plastic over a box cutter. Alternatively, you can heat the box cutter blade to make it smoother with less chance of slipping or cutting where you don't want it.

If anyone is like me, I can’t wait on stuff I bought to put on the truck. Huge shout out

Huge shout out to overland, I couldn’t wait and did my install. I trimmed the molding to fit around the brackets and also did rtv around every edge I could, minus the plastic trim. I added beads of permatex rtv to bolts that stayed in place at the front and rear of each trim piece so they’ll stay in place.

With a sunroof, you’ll have some interference with the windscreen that pops up. I tried to line it up with a groove in the front of the frame. There’s also a fair amount of whistling with it open, I’m not sure if it’s avoidable.

Just go slowly and think through every step before you do it, and it can all be done with one person. I also had to trim some of the factory sealant to get the brackets to sit flat, then I backfilled all the removed factory sealant with rtv.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to reach out, definitely some improv here. Also, invest in ratcheting crescent wrenches, huge time saver for the tight spots.
Nice @Mtbhikernv, how about some pics of the finished install if you get a chance

Last edited:
Putting the rack together today but, won’t get it installed till we get back. Not a fan of rushing to get stuff done before a trip, always have issues.

Gmoon so the measurements are from indentation I assume that’s where the 2 pieces are joined together.

Back