Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
leitner-groupbuy-may2024.jpg

I'm excited to announce the May 2024 Group buy is live! In collaboration with @gmoon from WAYPOINT we’re offering an exclusive 20% discount on Leitner Racks to FordTremor.com members! This includes the ACS Platform Rack and the Active Cargo System (Standard & Tonneau). All items are in stock and ready to ship in 2-3 business days.

LEITNER 1.jpeg
LEITNER 3.jpeg

LEITNER DESIGNS - ACS ROOF PLATFORM RACK ($1300 - 20%)​

The All-New Leitner ACS ROOF Rack. This over engineered & over built platform roof rack is like no other in the marketplace. Featuring infinitely adjustable cross bars, custom extrusions with built-in wire housing capabilities, and a strength to weight ratio that is twice as strong as the competition.

leitner-groupbuy-may2024-2.png

LEITNER ACTIVE CARGO SYSTEM (STANDARD $1,9500 - 20%)​

LEITNER ACTIVE CARGO SYSTEM (TONNEAU $1,650 - 20%)​

The ACS FORGED is the Next-generation Active Cargo System from Leitner Designs. The ACS FORGED features extreme load carrying capability thanks to its single piece aluminum alloy uprights and custom 10.9 Alloy steel fasteners.
  • Sliding load bar - Allows you to load large items such as motorcycles and mounted bikes with a twist of a knob - U.S. Patent 9586629
  • Optional integrated Gear Pods - Give you locking, water-resistant storage within easy reach. The pods follow the vehicle body lines that keeps wind noise down and gives the system a factory race look! Gear Pod - U.S. Patent 10259508
  • Custom Black fasteners – The grade 10.9 fasteners are especially designed and manufactured just for the ACS FORGED. The Black Zi-Ni coating is the toughest on the market and each bolt is precoated with Loctite to prevent loosening under extreme vibration.

LEITNER 2.jpeg
LEITNER 4.jpeg

If you have any questions about these bumpers, don't hesitate to post in this thread.

If this is something you would be interested in, reply to this thread with "SIGN ME UP" along with the Leitner product your interested in. I'll leave this thread open for 15 days and close the thread on June 3rd. Once the sign-up period is over, I'll send everyone a private message with details to complete the order.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! We are excited to bring another great brand to the Tremor Forum, with a massive cost savings just in time for your summer adventures.

LEITNER generally needs no introduction, but for those that are unfamiliar or new to LEITNER, check out the videos below to get a better understanding of their products for our Super Duty trucks. Their USA made products (from the forged pieces down to their branded hardware) is in another level when compared to other roof and bed racks.. We know this because we have owned several of them.

We will be answering questions here until the end of the group by so feel free to comment below if you have a question!

Product Listed:
- @AKDV - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED
- @Mtbhikernv - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED
- @AppStateDDS - - - ACS Tonneau -- SHIPPED
- @BroncOh - - - ACS Roof Platform -- INVOICED
- @In Production - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED
- @speeddev - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED
- @mrmag00 - - - ACS Roof Platform -- SHIPPED

- @Cuervo - - - ACS Roof Platform -- ORDER PROCESSING

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the interest!

I currently have a list going but just want to make sure I'm correct. For the users that didn't specify, please share the exact product(s) you'd like so we can ensure the products are stocked and ship ASAP once the group buy wraps up.

Group Buy List:

No Product Listed:
- @Fishieflakes
- @Camarox2

Product Listed:
- @AKDV - - - ACS Roof Platform
- @Mtbhikernv - - - ACS Roof Platform
- @AppStateDDS - - - ACS tonneau
- @BroncOh - - - ACS Roof Platform
- @In Production - - - ACS Roof Platform
- @speeddev - - - ACS Roof Platform
- @911Tremor - - - ACS Roof Platform
- @mrmag00 - - - ACS Roof Platform

For those interested, we have a little bit of time left! Just comment "Sign Me Up" with the product you'd like.

Comment below if you have any comments or questions. We are happy to help.

SHIPPING - Shipping is based on actual dimensions, weight, and final location. Generally most Leitner products ship for between $100-300 depending on those factors.

UPDATE MAY 22 2024 -- I just quoted shipping for a couple people in this group buy for the ACS rack. To WA state, it was $87 and to TX it was around $90.00. If youd like a custom shipping quote to your address, just shoot me a private DM with your address.

Last edited:
Hello @gmoon
Does the ACS ROOF Rack for our truck include 6 crossbars, like shown on the first photo? Now if I remove all the 6 crossbars, will the rack still stand strong or does the rack require a minimum amount of crossbars?
Is shipping included with the purchase? Thank you!

Will this still allow the pano sunroof to fully function?

This is an amazing deal, just curious if you have ever tried to do a deal with Diamondback bed covers?

Hello @gmoon
Does the ACS ROOF Rack for our truck include 6 crossbars, like shown on the first photo? Now if I remove all the 6 crossbars, will the rack still stand strong or does the rack require a minimum amount of crossbars?
Is shipping included with the purchase? Thank you!
You can remove the middle four, or move them around to whatever position you want (without disassembling the rack, which is nice), but the front and rear crossbars are integrated into the frame, like so:

LEITERACSROOFCUSTOMFRONTANDREAREXTRUSION_894f72e5-7d77-4f76-a073-c23bbd2270b3_1296x.webp

The advantage in that design is that the perimeter frame is extremely strong, which means you'd have no problem removing the middle four slats. I could jump up and down all day long on any part of the rack with no fear of it bending.

FYI, to anyone thinking about this deal.

I have the Leitner rack over my cab, and my old Frontrunner rack installed on my SmartCap while I'm waiting for their drop rack to be revised, and the difference in quality, strength and design are night and day. The Leitner looks better in itself, but also feels much better integrated with the truck. It all looks very clean and about as factory as you could hope.

Mounting it is easy and the mounting rails are super strong. They say you need two people, but I installed mine by myself no problem. I think it's bolted to the roof in 6 places on each side, using the existing bolts that are hidden under the roof trim. They say to discard the trim, but if you're handy with a utility knife, you can notch the trim around the mounts and reinstall it. The rack itself has about 6 or 8 inches of play to slide it forward or back on the mounting rails. It mounts to the rails with 10 M8 bolts. Not going anywhere, as you're required to say with these things.

Mine has a little wind noise, but it's a low rumble that you would kind of expect. No whistling or the heavy vibrations that you can sometimes get with crossbars or racks. I'd say that below 50mph, you'd have to turn off the radio and listen to hear it. Then up to 70 or so, it's noticeable but doesn't hinder conversation in the cab. Around 80mph, you've got to speak up a bit to talk above it. In my experience, that's less noise than any other full rack, and maybe similar to a pair of non-aero cross bars. For comparison, I tried running my Raptor with my Front Runner rack installed over the cab, and that lasted about a day since I couldn't handle the noise. I'm thinking that once I get around to adding my solar panels that it will be fairly quiet even at high speeds. BTW, this is with 4 Baja Designs XL's installed on the front of the rack. Though honestly, the noise seemed about the same without. It think that's because the 80/20 mounting bar I made for my lights sits low and blocks a good amount of wind from getting under the rack.

Leitner makes some spiffy custom mounts for a few of the Baja Designs lights - not the XL's unfortunately, but they told me that they're planning to expand that range.

Last edited:
You can remove the middle four, or move them around to whatever position you want (without disassembling the rack, which is nice), but the front and rear crossbars are integrated into the frame, like so:

LEITERACSROOFCUSTOMFRONTANDREAREXTRUSION_894f72e5-7d77-4f76-a073-c23bbd2270b3_1296x.webp

The advantage in that design is that the perimeter frame is extremely strong, which means you'd have no problem removing the middle four slats. I could jump up and down all day long on any part of the rack with no fear of it bending.
@devildog Overland said it perfectly. You can remove all slats if youd like and it has enough strength in the extrusion to be totally self sufficient!

Also, I had their ACS rack on the back of my Raptor for years, and absolutely loved it. So versatile. I definitely agonized over going with a full cap on the Tremor. If it weren't for wanting to move my fridge out of the cab, I'd probably have stuck with it.

Will this still allow the pano sunroof to fully function?
Absolutely! We have the pano sunroof on our truck. We would just recommend allocating some time to locate the wind deflector properly. While ours didnt interfere with the glass, the deflector was clashing with the little pop-up wind deflector that ejects upward once the pane of glass as moved rearward. We still need to move our deflector, but we also NEVER open the sunroof so it has been on the back burner. I am somewhat anti-sunroof so keeping it all closed up is fine with me... BUT I get you wanting to retain full functionality.

Last edited:
Morning!

Thanks to @overland and @TellurideTremor for your comments about LEITNERS stuff. Having been purchasing overland related parts for almost 15 years, and with about 5 years manufacturing and selling parts, I can reaffirm their comments.

We just got back from 3000 miles down in BAJA, and stored a few duffels of gear up top which couple be shoved or strapped anywhere else. Super easy to access, lash things down, and not a single piece of hardware "walked" or came loose during this trip which is unheard of as Baja tends to just rip things apart. That is a true testament to the fancy hardware (most of which has threadlocker pre-applied).

I will go a video this weekend showing the functionality of the sliding crossbars, as well as talking through the install and how we chose to trim the weatherstripping.

Thanks for checking out the group buy!

(NOTE: THE RACK SHOWN BELOW HAS BEEN MODIFIED IN LENGTH TO FIT WITH OUR CAMPER.)

DSC09369.jpg

DSC09386.jpg

DSC09545.jpg

Back