DEAL FordTremor.com June 2021 Group Buy - MBRP Exhaust - Ends 6/30

My pleasure! Glad we could get you dialed in!
Nothing but high praise for you Nick! Super quick turnaround between order and delivered!
Installed the system today.
I love it!
Deep, throaty big block type rumble behind the truck, and very (as the YouTube video states) "mellow on the inside of the cab.
I'll see if I'm smart enough to load a couple videos.
I'm looking forward to testing my truck under load, with my fifth wheel.

Attachments

• YouCut_20210615_134536391.mp4
    14.2 MB
Somebody get their truck dyno-ed before and after the install. Interested in the difference if any. Was wondering if the cat backs that works for the 6.2 and 7.3 have a benefit other than decibel output/tone.

Somebody get their truck dyno-ed before and after the install. Interested in the difference if any. Was wondering if the cat backs that works for the 6.2 and 7.3 have a benefit other than decibel output/tone.

It's going to be mostly looks and sound, frankly. You're keeping the stock resonator in place so you've got the factory restrictions up until that point. But say you even made an extra 10hp, I really don't think you'll feel a 10hp difference on a truck this big and heavy.

Is the black coated version glossy or flat in finish? Mostly wondering about the tip. thanks
It's more of a satin black finish. Not a glossy, but not your typical flat black BBQ pit look. Here's a close up shot installed.

111857_1260_e74ce8fa_b911_40d5_b921_8d3f5ef0159d.jpg

The kit comes with a standard rolled tip. However, if you wanted to get a double walled tip, we do have those available as well. Here's what the double-walled tip looks like:

tip-5in-od-dual-wall-angled-4in-inlet-12in-length-black-finish__81942.1619452342.png

It's more of a satin black finish. Not a glossy, but not your typical flat black BBQ pit look. Here's a close up shot installed.

The kit comes with a standard rolled tip. However, if you wanted to get a double walled tip, we do have those available as well. Here's what the double-walled tip looks like:

tip-5in-od-dual-wall-angled-4in-inlet-12in-length-black-finish__81942.1619452342.png
Great thanks!

Nick,

Have you heard how is the finish on these holding up for full kits? Just to clean up the ass end, I put the tip on my oem exhaust at Christmas time and the coating is already peeling off.

Would love to put this kit on, but only if the black finish will hold up.

Erik

Attachments

• 20210616_130929.jpg
    20210616_130929.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 41
So far so good from what I've seen on them. And you're backed by 1-year warranty on the coating. That said, if you drive in rough terrain, I'd look into doing the 304 exhaust with the T304 tip. You won't have issues wit that one.

So far so good from what I've seen on them. And you're backed by 1-year warranty on the coating. That said, if you drive in rough terrain, I'd look into doing the 304 exhaust with the T304 tip. You won't have issues wit that one.
Thanks, know I can go stainless, but want the black tip and do use my truck as a truck and live in a region where we get snow.

Thanks, know I can go stainless, but want the black tip and do use my truck as a truck and live in a region where we get snow.
Since you deal with the salt and brine on the roads, I'd recommend going with the T304 exhaust and then adding a black tip to it. The black coated exhaust is coated aluminized steel, but it's not fully coated.

S5247BLK__89880.1585593583.jpg

As you can see in the picture above, the exhaust tip is a bolt-on clamp. So I'm thinking your best bet would be to go with the T304 exhaust and then add on the black tip of your choice.

From MBRP, there are two options. The single wall tip pictured above. It's $59.99. Or we can do the double walled tip for $69.99. Pictured below:

The tips are covered by MBRP's one year finish warranty as well so you'd have at least one year of protection.

Any idea if there is much difference in sound between the two tips?

Can I put just the tip on the stock system?

Yes you can, we just need to confirm the proper inlet size and then you'll just gut off your stock tips and bolt these on. Do you have the 7.3L or the 6.7L?

Any idea if there is much difference in sound between the two tips?

If there's any difference, I'd consider it to be fairly negligible. It's more of an aesthetic difference than anything else.

Yes you can, we just need to confirm the proper inlet size and then you'll just gut off your stock tips and bolt these on. Do you have the 7.3L or the 6.7L?

If there's any difference, I'd consider it to be fairly negligible. It's more of an aesthetic difference than anything else.
6.7 baby!

I've had my T304 Stainless Steel Exhaust on my 7.3 Tremor for 10 days and I'm extremely happy with improved preformance, better gas mileage (albeit about 1 mpg to 13.5 - that would improve if I'd stop racing around my neighborhood) and of course the awesome sound! I can barely hear it above the B&O sound system which plays between 10 and 18 most of the time however.

I opted for professional installation at http://premierperformanceut.com that was less than $200 and I've ordered (currently on back order) an intake from Premier Performance as well which is scheduled to arrive mid-August.

Nick's customer service, email communication and fast shipping was exemplary. I'd highly recommend taking advantage of our group buying opportunity if you're seriously considering this upgrade. Expires 6/30/21! If this goes well for Nick, perhaps we can get more group buying vendors involved with our forum in the future.

Back